What are the most annoying fans in your opinion

Halo Fanboy

Nov 2, 2008
Touhou Fans. Annoying memes and I'm convinced half of them don't care about the genre or even most of the games.

machblast

Apr 2, 2010
Bobby_D said:
People in general who act as if their opinions are fact, and belittle anyone who disagrees with them, just like the guy above who was talking down to the person who liked Dragon Age 2. "Well, if you like samey, blah blah blah"...ugh, just get over it.
No one's doing that, stop being defensive. People are allowed to love terrible things. I personally love the shit out of a lot of really bad movies.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
machblast said:
I absolutely fucking despise Bioware fanboys. They write dissertations on the chemical compounds of Tali's goddamned SWEAT and absolutely refuse to take any criticism to any of their recent games.

Image related.

You and me pal.

YOU AND ME.

If there nothing more I hate then a Tali-marcher if's a fucking Dragon age fan. They are some of the most fickle assholes you'll ever will meet I can tell you that.

"BAAW I HATE THE CHANTRY"
"BAAWW THE MAGES ARE GOOOOOOOOOOD."
"BAAAW WHERE IS ZEVRAN? OH GOD HE LOOKS UGLY!" Please note it has been seven freaking years since anyone ever seen him.
"Hawke is NOT my Warden. Who was a beautiful woman capable of killing anyone and everyone love her and her spunky mindset1!!!"

...You see where I'm going right?

Oh and Dragon Ball z fans and freaking powerlevels.

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
Well, this is kind of a broad topic, so I'll go with my 2 biggest groups.

1)The Anti-Fan: Anyone who hates something without ever actually having seen/used it. This kind of person is a fan of not liking something, and typically will irrationally attack whatever you like simply because they don't. I consider this different from a hater, because usually a hater will spend a little time with something before tearing it apart. The most common example of this one is probably the Anti-Twilight fan (not saying I like that piece of drivel, but I at least attempted to read it before forming an opinion).

2) Stereotypical NASCAR fans: Look, I know that not everyone who watches NASCAR is a dumb hick who likes to watch the wrecks (and only the wrecks), but good lord are these people the loud ones. It actually has made it so NASCAR is one of the only kinds of racing that I refuse to watch. A crash is a bad thing. Stop focusing on it. (I know that this shows up in all kinds of racing. They just seem to be catered to the most with NASCAR)

Post-Captcha addition: People who say Evil Dead was the best movie ever. I know opinions are subjective, but...just no. You're wrong.

Captcha: Boom stick

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Some anime fanboys and fangirls, as well as some furries. Mainly the perverted ones who seemingly fail to realize that not everything is about sex.

Don't get me wrong, sex is great. But leave the underage looking characters and animals out of it. That's just sick.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Pandabearparade said:
Sunrider84 said:
Pandabearparade said:
People who defend Dragon Age 2.
I can't say I'm defending it, but I do want to say something. I love Dragon Age 2. Is people liking the game something you dislike too, or am I reading you completely wrong?

OT: League of Legends fanboys.
I mean the people who defend Bioware reusing the same environment over and over, or the wave after wave of one one-shot padding enemies, or the entire failure of a third act that didn't factor in -any- of your previous choices, and had too many 'WTF!?' moments to count.

If you love the game, hey, good for you. I love the movie 'The Room', and watching the hilariously awful Dragon Strike instructional VHS over and over (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8LBpMuSTrQ), that doesn't make those things I enjoy -good-. Everyone has some really horrible, low-quality things that they enjoy.
I would never defend the rehashing of the same environment over and over. What I do like about the game are the characters. (Yes, I think they are great. Surprising? Perhaps.) I love the story, I think the dialogue is well-written, I think the combat is satisfying (albeit a bit too "fancy" in some animations.) and pretty well-balanced and challenging on the appropriate difficulty setting, and most importantly, I loved the story as it is, I think Hawke is a great character.

I would never ever claim DA2 to be a god-sent gift to gaming, or even on par with its predecessor, but calling it low-quality just won't cut it. I will agree to disagree on that last statement though, it's totally ok with me.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
fans who always think that their "thing" is superior above anything related. if you are a fan of a certain game, you will hate anything else of the same genre or one of the following sequels. like for example: dargon age 2. yeah it had really bad flaws, but some stuff it did better then origins and on its own it is a good game. but no, arcording the "real" fans it is a bad game, inferior in every aspect.

tycho0042

Jan 27, 2010
gaming platform elitists, My platform is better!(for whatever reason you care to find)
They're all evil corporations out for your wallet. I figure why play favorites. there's at least a couple good games for each

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
We had the EXACT same thread last week. Go necro it if you really think it is worth discussing further (and I'v already seen the exact same people as in last thread, post the exact same thing).

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
Uh, I can't say that any fans of any specific things are annoying.

It's just mainly fans that go the extra line. You know, the ones that can't stop mentioning their favourite game, movie, console, song, singer, actor, character etc. The ones that feel that they have to defend it at every moment possible, cause God forbid that anyone should, I dunno, have a different opinion!

You can watch RWJ, just dont post in every god damn video link, "thumbs up if ray sent you here"

You can love Portal, just don't mention THAT same line whenever your eating cake!(or seeing a cake, or making a cake, or watching a video with a cake in it etc)

*shivers* As much as it hurts me to say this (everyone is entitled to their own opinion), you.....can....like....urgh, Justin Bieber. Just don't keep mentioning his songs and claiming his the BEST SINGER IN THE WORLD. In all honesty, his a bit above average, and way too over-rated. You know why? Because of stupid douche fans.

You can love a game series, just stop trying to convince everyone else around you that it is "the greatest thing ever". For example : Look I love FF series, my fave being FFVII, and I would really appreciatte it if all the other FFVII fans would stop acting like its freaking Jesus! You like it? OK fine, be happy and love it, just don't rub it in everyone else's face. Urgh, stupid absolutely stupid.

You like Harry Potter? Ok, but seriously, let it go, it's finished. It's gone on for too long and I have had to put up with this over-rated series being pushed onto me everytime by douchebags. Don't make me read the next book in the series and stop dragging me to the movies every time another fucking movie comes out!

You like Twilight? Your an idiot.
XD Just kidding, but seriously though. Enough with the vampire crap, you have ruined them. They use to be feared and respected in an almost "dark one" or "dark leader" kind of way. Now they are disco balls with little to no personality. Please, please, stop desacrating on the history of vampires. Keep that shit to yourselves.

You can be a fan of anything, just don't be a douche :)

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
Sunrider84 said:
machblast said:
Sunrider84 said:
machblast said:
Sunrider84 said:
Pandabearparade said:
People who defend Dragon Age 2.
I can't say I'm defending it, but I do want to say something. I love Dragon Age 2. Is people liking the game something you dislike too, or am I reading you completely wrong?

OT: League of Legends fanboys.
I dunno, it's like someone saying they loved "The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising". You're welcome to love it, but damn, man.
I don't even know what The Seeker is, but I do find your view on this to be pretty silly. No offense meant, I just think it's a silly way of reasoning. Do you view every differing opinion in the same light?
No, I said you're welcome to love it. I'm sure you love many things about it.

But do you really love the large amount of bugs, the same waves of enemies over and over in a single place, and many of the other problems with that game?
I only encountered one bug. It was with a quest, so it was a bit disappointing, but other than that, nothing. Was the same for me in New Vegas, one of the "buggiest games in history" as people have stated. I didn't really encounter anything.
And no, I don't like that they rehashed the same areas over and over. Fighting the same enemies didn't bother me. If it did, most games about any kind of combat would bother me for the same reason.
Other than that, I don't really think there is much wrong with it. I liked the characters a lot, and the story was very engaging if you ask me.
i preferred the companions in DA:O i found everyone one in 2 a little more whiny. the only characters that weren't were varric and isabella.

Gorobrin

Mar 16, 2011
the fan's that start arguments about a topic out of nowhere. for example they go to a halo discussion and talk about call of duty. you like the game, get it. there is no need for this pointless argument... purely hypothetical i promise...

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
I really can't stand the people over at Rotten Tomatoes, they are some of the most degenerate human beings that I have ever seen. This, of course, is referring to the ones who flock to negative reviews of movies they like.

Also people who complain about how games have "changed too much". You know, you just know, these people are the same ones who complain about games that remain stagnant throughout an entire series.

Also, people who complain about the "decline of RPG's". Shut up, fuck off, play games you enjoy and stop bitching and moaning about how you can't equip in every slot. Just because someone cares more about becoming immersed in a story over min/maxing every single bit of their character does not mean they are some "mouth breathing retarded kiddie". If anything, these are the people RPG's should be made for.

Rage.

Naal

Feb 24, 2009
Anime fans. I was once one, then in my senior year of high school I took a look around me and my fellow anime friends, and said "What the heck am I doing?"

kinglovejoy

May 21, 2009
FirstToStrike said:
I'm surprised no one has said SONIC THE HEDGEHOG fans. Alright, I'm an admitted fanboy, but I don't cry whenever the get color of his eyes wrong. Maybe if you stopped crying about what a trainwreck Sonic '06, or squeeing everytime that Shadow appears, and moved forward along with the quality of the games, maybe people wouldn't hate you so bad.

I swear, there is only 4% of the fanbase that isn't total idiots.
This. A thousand times this. Take Generations as a prime example. They whined when it was a rumour of revisiting old games. Then they saw the leaked level list and complained about that. Then they played the demo and all hell broke loose.

I used to visit the boards on Gamefaqs so I could catch up with any news, but since there was a dozen threads moaning about Metal Sonic's head I stopped.

K V MAN

Sep 20, 2010
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Ray William Johnson fans.

Seriously, I hate those people.

360/PS3/PC fans too.

And Portal fans while I'm at it.

I generally despise fans.

sir i salut you. Ray William Johnson fans that try to convince you he is funny annoys me so much

OT:
-blind fanboyism,
-teenager affiliated entertainment,
-people that cannot gather the strength to write complete sentences.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Any fan of anything who decides that their love of <object, philosophy, sports team> is no longer a matter of opinion, and is in fact a universal fact.

E.g. The PC fanboys who don't even attempt to understand why the simplicity of a console might be a good thing
The console fanboys who insist that PC gaming is dying
The Twilight fans who get confused when you don't share their undying love for Edward, and assume you must be there for Jacob instead
The anti-Twilight fans, the ones who have entirely over-reacted to a series that hasn't affected them in any way, and who still think they're funny after the 80th time they make a joke about how much better it would be if Blade were in it.

Basically, the extremes of all arguments. A lot of people need to be educated as to what an opinion is.
I dream of the day I can sit down and watch, say, Black Swan without being told that it's boring and that I should be watching Transformers instead. I also dream of the day that I can sit down and watch Transformers without being told I'm making a joke of the entire film industry by giving anyone involved in its creation money.

Grey_Focks said:
Hell, all fanboys annoy me a bit, but they aren't the worst.

It's the haters who are the worst. The ones who just refuse to let people enjoy games that they like, who just need to keep butting in to remind them of their inferior tastes, that they should really be playing THIS game instead of that one.

They are the ones who should just collectively piss off.
Or this. A much better way of wording most of my post. Although 'games' there can be replaced with books, films, consoles (should have got a PC), PC's (should have got a mac)... Pretty much anything one can use, really.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
[quote="chaos order" post="9.302570.12090707"i preferred the companions in DA:O i found everyone one in 2 a little more whiny. the only characters that weren't were varric and isabella.[/quote]

I hear that a lot. I think most people will agree that the DA:O characters are better, me included, but I like most of the characters in DA2 as well.