What are the most annoying fans in your opinion

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
Pretty much Sonic fans who aren't satisfied with anything Sega/Sonic Team does and whine about Classics vs New games, characters and character designs, etc.

Also, I don't care much about the console wars so console fans that talk trash about MS/Sony/Nintendo.

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
Alphakirby said:
The Breadcrab said:
Castlevania fans are cool though, as are Battlefield fans and most Sonic fans. Unreal fans are great too except when they whine about UT3.
Allow me to show you what Sega did at E3.
It's safe to say that Jim Sterling has an iron will to be there for the whole thing,it's hilariously bad.
(then again I managed to watch the whole video so I guess I'm a madman)
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that... thanks for letting me know, but the damage is already done.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
machblast said:
I absolutely fucking despise Bioware fanboys. They write dissertations on the chemical compounds of Tali's goddamned SWEAT and absolutely refuse to take any criticism to any of their recent games.

Image related.

Wow... I love Bioware, and even I think that's sad...

OT: Pc elitests. You know, the kind who think I'm an idiot because I'd rather play CoD than Minecraft.

ks1234

Mar 12, 2011
APPLE fanboys/girls... fuck they annoy the hell out of me.
But after reading some of these screens from BioWare fans... they are nudging for the top of the list.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
ks1234 said:
APPLE fanboys/girls... fuck they annoy the hell out of me.
But after reading some of these screens from BioWare fans... they are nudging for the top of the list.
Well anyone who can have a entire thread dedicated to an alien girl's SWEAT has to be high on the worst fans ever list.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Alphakirby said:
The Breadcrab said:
Castlevania fans are cool though, as are Battlefield fans and most Sonic fans. Unreal fans are great too except when they whine about UT3.
Allow me to show you what Sega did at E3.
It's safe to say that Jim Sterling has an iron will to be there for the whole thing,it's hilariously bad.
(then again I managed to watch the whole video so I guess I'm a madman)

I'll let Farnsworth take it from here.

ks1234

Mar 12, 2011
The Breadcrab said:
Absolutist PC gaming fans they are the master race of gaming and consoles are kiddy toys. It's fine that you like PCs because PC's are amazing
There, fixed it for ya :D

Kafka Torkarev

May 29, 2011
PC fanboys......... ahhh we has lots of monies so we can afford supercomputers ahhh noobfag ahhh. your consoles are shit aahhhh they only cost you first born child ahhhh noob ahhh!

Yeah so what if i cant get a computer that can play cysis on its highest settings.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
JRPG fans. You can't talk to them about video games a lot of the time because JRPGs are almost all they play. They're usually the first ones to dress up in ridiculous costumes at conventions. In any cosplay galleries, if there are any outfits of obscure characters from games I've never played or have any intention to, they're from JRPGs. The entire aesthetic of spiky hair and oversized eyes has always been off putting to me. They're the ones who bid insane prices for games on ebay and draw sketches of their favorite characters in their free time. Any random JRPG is The Best Game Ever Made, and they'll go out of their way to shit on much better designed games just because they are "western."

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
Any type of hardcore fan that wants to rip the head off of anyone who doesn't agree that whatever they're obsessed with is good material. Best examples would be Harry Potter fans (keep in mind I actually like this series) and Twilight fans *cringe*

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
All hardcore fans are annoying, because they're blinded by their fanboyism and can't view the subject objectively.

If I had to pick a group, it would probably be Valve fans because they absolutely refuse to believe that Half-Life and Portal are overrated and incredibly mediocre.

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
ks1234 said:
The Breadcrab said:
Absolutist PC gaming fans they are the master race of gaming and consoles are kiddy toys. It's fine that you like PCs because PC's are amazing
There, fixed it for ya :D
Sigh. Thank you for helping me prove my point, I guess.

Unless you're just joking around, in which case... "har-de-har-har".

finecrazydud

Mar 6, 2010
i hate oscillating fans. because they always spin away from me in school on a hot day, the im all like fuuuuuuuu

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
Fanboys who will never accept criticism and defend something (good or bad) to the death are a pain in the ass. But they're no worse than the people who will go out of their way to drag down <game/company/console preference here> simply because it's popular. There's legitimate criticism, and then there's spiteful criticism. You don't have to like it, but to hate it more because other people have different tastes than you is some petty bullshit.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
w9496 said:
...get on my nerves, same with A7X. .
A7X fans are absolutely ridiculous sometimes. I've met at least one that couldn't hold a conversation about anything else.

That's an extreme example, but it shows that there ARE some who get really carried away.

Personally, I can't stand people who get overzealous about the use of marijuana.

The people who use it tend to understand the risks, so please don't preach.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
FInal Fantasy fans
Sony fans
Halo fans
Twihar- I mean, Twilight fans
COD fans
Microsoft fans

EDIT: Or I could just say any fan that takes their enjoyment of something waaay beyond reason and go after people for not liking what they like, but those are the ones that really annoy the hell out of me.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
All fans of everything everywhere ever.
I'm a fan of this stuff. huge fan, love it. just messin with ya tho

OT. Juggalos...or however the hell you spell it. Those people scare me the most. Almost as much as fans of Jesus, like the hardcore fans.
But ya, hate the juggalos...i'm afraid of having my house being covered in molotov cocktails and dildoes after this post

amppi1236

Jul 27, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
*flameshield up*

Bronies, more specifically this site's. I mean, I like the show, but they just become uber-defensive about it, saying that it's not girly, it's not for kids, etc. when it clearly is. And then insulting the people who dislike it, and then plain attackingthe people who make the simple mistake of thinking it was ironic.
Agreed. I'm a brony and even I hate the defensive ones. I actually like the show because it's kiddy, happy, and colorful. It's such a nice contrast to the brown and dark brooding around me that I have to live with. (being that I live in Finland. A land where a potato has a considerably higher self esteem than the whole country put together.)

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Stall said:
FallenMessiah88 said:
1. This has nothing to do with caring about graphics. The statement I made was regarding the graphical processing power of PCs, which is objectively more powerful than consoles. You used a strawman here.
2. This has nothing to do with wanting to hunt down retro games. It was a statement regarding the superiority of PCs because of their vastly superior backwards compatibility, which PCs have an objectively superior backwards compatibility of consoles. Your statement has nothing to do with disputing this claim. Yet again, a straw man.

Everything else was debating with me about points I said were stupid. Why would you debate points I dismissed as stupid non-points? That, or you argued about statements that are clearly beliefs, yet you are trying to "put words into my mouth" and make it like I was stating them as fact. For someone who said that they didn't think their first post through, you sure didn't think the second one through either.

I suppose there is some statement to be made about fans somewhere at the end of this post, but I just can't think of it.
1. No I didn't. Yes, it is true that PC's are graphically superior to consoles, because unlike PC's, consoles have limited hardware, where as PC's can be always be upgraded to accomodate the latest graphical advancements. In other words: PC's have better and more advanced than consoles and anyone trying to dispute this claim, is wrong. Plain and simple. This does NOT, however mean that PC's are a superior gaming platform. Graphics are only one part of the equation. I've played shitty games with great graphics and I've played great games with shitty graphics.

If someone said to me "You should only play on a PC. It's a better platform because it can handle way better graphics than a console", that would be taking a SUBJECTIVE belief (good graphics = good platform = good games) that they have formed through an OBJECTIVE opinion (PC's are capable of much better graphics than consoles) and presenting that belief as fact.

2. This has everything to do with retro gaming as a hobby. If I wanna play an old PC game from circa 1991, I wouldn't have to get out and get an old PC from 1994. I could just install dosbox, because like you said, PC's have far better backwards compability. If I wanted to play an old SNES game from that same year, I would have to go out and get an old SNES, unless of course I was perfectly content with playing it on an emulator.

However, not everyone sees this as a disadvantage. For a lot of people, its a lifestyle to finde these old consoles and games in their original form and they don't care if its inconvinient. Hell, alot of newer consoles like the Wii, have the option of downloading old NES, SNES and N64 games, via the virtual console and I reckon that when the WiiU is released, players will have the option of transferring their profile along with all their downloaded games onto the WiiU. This is only speculation on my part though.

Do you see now? Just because something is OBJECTIVELY superior, that does not make it SUBJECTIVELY superior.

As for everything else. Well I don't think those points were "stupid non points". Granted, some of them are, like the one about believing in user generated content for games, which I personally believe to be a good thing.

However a mouse/keyboard combination is not necessarily superior to a controller. Why? Because of personal preference. Even if it was scientifically proven that mouse/keyboard is superior to a controller, doubt that everyone would suddenly turn away from consoles and become Pc gamers.

Also, to MY recollection, Xbox Live is about as filled with "racist twelve year olds" as the moon is made of cheese. Only once in the almost 3 years that I have owned a 360 have I ever encountered anything akin to racism. If you have had a different experience and ONLY encountered "racist twelve year olds" then you have every right to say so, just as long as you remember that it is only an opinion, not a fact.

But really, if you original intention was to show that that list did not apply to every PC gamer or every PC fanboy/elitist, then I agree with you. For me, an elitist is someone who thinks that they are automatically superior to everyone, just because they only play on a PC. Sure they may share some of those sentiments on that list, but there is a difference.

If you simply prefer the PC, because you think it has better controls or because because having the best graphics are important to you for some reason, then that's perfectly fine. However if you start to act as if being a PC gamer automatically makes you superior to everyone else (i.e. console gamers) then you're a fanboy/elitist.

TL:DR Taste is subjective. From an objective standpoint the PC may be superior, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to what YOU want from your gaming platform.

Also I would like to say that im sorry if I came off as overly aggressive or if I just didn't make any sense. Its just that this is a touchy subject, since I really really don't understand why people can't just accept that not everyone have the same preferences.

Its like when people try to debate what genre(s) of music is the "right" music. I mean sure band A might be more popular than band B, but that does not necessarily make band A better (or worse) than band B.

Or Band C's guitarist might be more technically skilled than Band D's guitarist, but again that does not necessarily make band C better (or worse) than band D.