What are you excited for 2019 in gaming?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Incase you forgotten what's coming in 2019, he's a list from Gamesradar:

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-games-2019/

At the earliest moment for new games, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Metro Exodus, and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Kingdom Hearts 3 sold me on that Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End level. AND IT HAS THE MAELSTROM BATTLE!!! (Yeah lets just say Pirates 3 has grown on me to actually liking the movie a lot)

Metro Exodus will show Fallout how to do a proper Open World FPS Survival game in a Post Apocalyptic setting. (Although New Vegas was great)

And RE 2 Remake, depsite not being like RE 1 Remake with Fix camara, still looks very good so far and I am actually hoping the do a Remake of RE 3 in this fashion because Nemesis needs to make a comeback.

Other games to come out in the forseeable future in 2019 like Doom Eternal, DMC 5, Ace Combat 7 or whatever DLCs Total War: Warhammer II gets until the third game comes out is the other things I have in mind.

And games like Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. still don't have concrete release dates.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Well Kingdom Hearts 3 is up there definitely. I remember a time when it was all but confirmed vaporware together with The Last Guardian and Duke Nukem Forever. Now only Half Life 3 remains.

I'm kinda excited for the Resident Evil 2 though I'm on camp "wish they'd gone the GameCube REmake route".

I'll be excited for Last of Us 2 whenever it comes out.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Meh, not a lot at the moment really. Resident Evil 2 Remake looks good. And maybe Days End or whatever that zombie game on PS4 is called if it gets decent reviews. That's about it, there might be more as the year goes on. But I think next year is going to be spent finishing games I've not finished yet.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Ace combat 7 and mount and blade 2! Which were also my most excited for 2018...

Civ 6 getting a new expansion, always enjoy those.

I guess ghost of Tsushima, I mean I'll play w/e Miyazaki make for the rest of my life no matter what at this point.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
From that list?

-Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

-Anthem

-Devil May Cry 5

-Team Sonic Racing

-Shenmue 3

-Wargroove

-Doom Eternal

-Gears 5

-Final Fantasy 7 Remake

-Metroid Prime 4

-Halo Infinite

Course, whether I get round to playing any of them is another matter.

Samtemdo8 said:
And RE 2 Remake, depsite not being like RE 1 Remake with Fix camara, still looks very good so far and I am actually hoping the do a Remake of RE 3 in this fashion because Nemesis needs to make a comeback.
I'm not going to mourn the loss of the fixed camera, but I'll add RE2 to the list of games I'm interested in...even if RE3>RE2.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
That series has been a bit shaky for a while now but Ace Combat 7 looks like it's shaping up to be a glorious return to form.

I've also got my eye on Sekiro, Battleship Gothic: Armada 2, DMCV, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, the RE2 remake and HoI IV: Man the Guns which at this rate probably won't release until 2019.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I'd like to be excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, but it was long overdue and I've gotten old. I just can't muster the energy to even be excited for it. Memories of it have become way faint and I have fresher things in my mind I rather concern myself with.

Though maybe a bit hypocritical of me, but I'm way jacked up for AC7 despite the last AC games I played being AC5/0. Okay I played Assault Horizon but I would like to forget I ever did. It does help that I got an emulator running to replay them not long back(though my PS2 is still functional, I just couldn't be arsed to hook it up).

Not quite 2019 but it looks like all of the Arland Atelier games are getting PC ports next month. I've basically washed my hands of consoles since the PS2 and thus have been deprived of many JRPG things I would have been interested in back then. So I'm always glad for opportunity to catch up on stuff I might have played if I had owned a PS3/4. But tying back to KH3 since these are both Japanese things, I guess my tastes sorta slowly shifted from liking overly convoluted RPG plots(KH is actually simple if you don't dig into the whole Birth by Sleep/DeepDive/Chain Of Memories backstory nonsense, but I sure used to enjoy that sorta thing) to just relaxing nothing ever happens plots with cute girls.

I'm more excited for Metro Exodus not because it is a Metro game, but for REAL TIME RAYTRACING. But I jest, like hell I'm buying a RTX 20 series card to enable it. But as a 3D artist it interests me from a technical standpoint.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Metro Exodus is something 100 percent im excited for that. Its a game im expecting one of the best FPS of all time even if it will be half as good as STALKER SoC was. it will definitely put fallout to shame.

Doom Eternal is a sequel to best FPS in long time. expecting it to be even better due to set on earth, more open and more crazy.

RAGE 2 looks like if you combine Doom gameplay into Mad max setting. it looks amazing too and a game im waiting for it in 2019.

Dying light 2 looks like first person story driven immersive sim game that is different from original which was generic zombie game. i hated the original but very interested in second game.

Resident evil 2 remake looks interesting. Although i disliked the tank control of original but im glad its OTS game. RE7 is best in series to me and RE2 follow RE7 structure but in third person.

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC is also the one im looking forward to.

Shenmue 3 is basically not very hype but want to finish the story because i actually liked shenmue 1 and 2 remastered they released this year.

so yes 2019 looks like Excellent year mainly because of Metro E, Doom E, and Rage 2.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Pretty much just Ghost of Tsushima... if it's announced for release next year, that is.

I'm generally so out of touch with gaming that I'll only get myself hyped for one or two games that appeal to me from a thematic/gameplay perspective, and (tempted to go full weeaboo there) GoT is pretty much the only game in the pipeline that ticks the boxes for me.

TW:3K maybe? Don't have a rig powerful enough for even TW:WH, so I'll coo at it for a while, then forget about it, then eventually get a new PC and buy it in a Steam sale or something.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Kingdom Hearts 3
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Last of Us Part 2 ( if released )
Ghost of Tsushima ( if released )

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
RE2

The Division 2

Metro Exodus

Gears 5 (And Gears Tactics if it comes out next year)

Doom Eternal

Dying Light 2

I very much doubt we'll be seeing Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077, Beyond Good and Evil 2, TESVI or Starfield next year.

Apr 5, 2008
Cyberpunk 2019. I realise no actual release date is announced but every rumour, whisper, leak and discussion points to a mid-late (Q3-ish) 2019 release. It will be one of few offline, single player open worlds on a scale that leaves others in the water. No "live service", no MTXs, no lootcrates, no real money currencies.

It seems almost superfluous to think about other forthcoming titles, but others that will probably get a look in, if not necessarily on Day 1 include Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Nioh 2, The Surge 2 (lots of Souls-likes). I also just noticed Crackdown 3 is a thing...if it is on PC it might be interesting to try. Rage 2, Metro Exodus won't be Day 1 buys, maybe steam sale 2020, but sure, why not?

----------------

Dishonourable mention to Anthem: BioWare's Last Hope (March 2019). Apparently the company are on eggshells after two flops in a row, resulting in the closure of two of their four studios. By all reports it's full steam ahead on Anthem, a "live service" like Destiny, but with jetboots. And being EA, lots of lootcrates. There's currently skeleton crews on SWTOR and Dragon Age 4: The Reboot and there had been talks, left up in the air, that SWTOR might even be unplugged.

I suspect Anthem will be a 6.5-7/10 game that will be heavily EAd, leaving it a mediocre "Also Ran" in the grand scheme of live service games. It won't be a blockbuster and it won't flop, it will have a SWTOR sized playerbase, not enough to pull the plug, just enough to keep EA Edmonton BioWare still alive.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
RE2

I'd add Gears Tactics, but then, it's PC only.

Seriously, why?!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Resident Evil 2 eventhough I'm a bit anxious seeing as Capcom isn't really a sure thing anymore. I've also seen some footage that left me not too impressed, mainly regarding some of the voice performances and Chief Irons looking a bit like a dope.

Kingdom Hearts 3 I'll check out primarily just to snikker at.

Other than that I'm actually quite looking forward to the Onimusha: Warlords "remaster" coming out a few days before RE2.

And Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima I'll wait till there's some concrete release dates.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Tons of things, most of which are coming out around the same time.

Sekiro
DMC5
KH3
Legend of heroes trails of cold steel 1-2 ps4 remakes (will replay to prepare for the eventual release of games 3 and 4 in the series, also to support their inclusion of dual audio which is a series first in a dub-only series so far)
Super Neptunia RPG

Will be a busy January-March period haha.

Mar 30, 2010
Off the top of my head, just Trials Uprising, really. Lemme just have a look at that list though.

Hmm

OK, so I can add Metro: Exodus, Doom Eternal, Jedi: Fallen Order, Cyberpunk 2077, Halo Infinite and TES VI to that list. 2019 is suddenly looking up, especially when you factor in the inevitable DLC packs from my crop of 2018 games that will be landing in 2019 too.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Hawki said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
RE2

I'd add Gears Tactics, but then, it's PC only.

Seriously, why?!
Not sure tbh, maybe they think the genre isn't popular enough on consoles.