What are you listening to Escapists? (February 2016 Edition)

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I fucking love Lightning Bolt. I told someone about them earlier and mentioned they're a bass/drums duo, and they asked 'Like Royal Blood then?'

...No, not really.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok I kinda took a look at Undertale, well not quite. I just watched a Let's Play on it durin the pacifist run and when I watched the final boss fight, this music pop up!

By the gods, I never heard anything like it! It literally filled me with deternation! I mean sure I haven't played the game properly but watching the Let's play on it, I am certain the music would make me feel that I genuine wanted to saved my fricional games friends!

Seriously, I have watched several remixes of that song already!

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Ahhhh...

𐌴𐌽𐌾𐍉𐌹

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Both Kamelot and Dream Theather released new albums recently and I've been looking into their songs a bit.
So those two are up there defineatly.

Feb 7, 2016
London Elektricity- Telefunken Lizard Filter

Phil Collins- I Don't Care Anymore

Foster the People- Pumped Up Kicks

Porter Robinson- Sad Machine

Studio Killers- Ode to the Bouncer

Feb 7, 2016
Hazy992 said:
This has been stuck in my head for weeks. Thanks Vine

I dig it, very tranquil. Unfortunately, it seems to have too much slow build up with no pay off for me to listen to frequently. But that's just my opinion.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
LoathsomePete said:
Been really enjoying the new Massive Attack EP Ritual Spirit. It's been nearly 6 years since they last released something new and I was lukewarm on that album, but this EP absolutely kills it. I'm really hoping this is a small slice of what to expect on their next album. This is probably my favourite track from it.

Whoa, Tricky is back? I may have to check this out just for that.

Thanks for the heads up, I find most music writing too annoying these days to keep up with stuff.

OT: I don't like anything.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Well, I found an odd song on my playlist where I keep people saying awful crap; I must've mislisted it. I mean, I like it, so there's no reason for it to be there.

That led me to look for some more of their music-and I found this little ditty. Kinda depressing, but it's something I've been listening to.

At some point, I watched an episode of Rocked [ovjG6tJroVE] where he talked about Good Charlotte, and that made me want to wash my ears out with soap. I started with the entire album The Process of Belief [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Process_of_Belief] by Bad Religion; here are some choice entries from that album, starting with one of my favorite songs, Kyoto Now.

And then I tried to remember what music I would have been listening to at the time (my mother didn't let me watch MTV), and recall really liking The Police. So I kicked up my Windows Media Player and listened to King of Pain a couple of times. 'cause THAT'S how you do angst. Conciously inept and bitter sorrow.

Then I remember Mudvayne did a cover of that song that I may or may not have liked. So I listened to that a couple times. Final verdict is I like it, even though it's totally different.

...and that led me to listening to a bunch of rock/metal stuff I'm pretty sure everyone's aware of; Slipknot, Stonesour, some Tool, a little Disturbed, stuff like that.

...then, and I swear this is true, I heard this damn song in the store and couldn't get it out of my head. So I spent two hours looking for it on Youtube; silly me thought it was an REM song.

...it's not BAD. It's melodramatic, sure, but the guitar work is pretty solid.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Either everyone is being a bit cagey with what they put, or everyone has much better taste in music than me.

The Jovian said:
-and that before One Direction came along there was a British boy band that I can actually stomach.

Huh, we didn't know how good we had it back it the 90s/early2000s

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010

I along with 99% of the Guilty Gear Xrd playerbase don't even play Bedman but his music is actually my favourite. Just took me 2 months of playing the game daily to even see anyone playing him online.

I really like metal with a piano accompaniment so it's not a big surprise, the out of tune part especially since it helps establish him as a villain.