What are you listening to Escapists? (November 2017 Edition)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The Lore podcast. Ambient music is the backdrop as Aaron Mahnke tells haunting tales about mysterious, oft unexplainable events from history. It?s brilliant.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I just dig the retro scifi ish theme it got going!

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Zen Bard said:
Recently discovered these guys and was completely blown away! This is some great straight ahead riff rock!

And as a guitarist, I appreciate Mike Kerr's innovation with the bass, its tuning and signal processing.

You may like a band called King of the north from Australia.
I don't think they're as good as Royal Blood but The guitarist has some damn good chunky distortion.
[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoT8kzoE-54[/link]

Back OT:
Sticking with Rock duos
[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4GiRFZW8B0[/link]
Bit of a throwback Rock and roll band just cranked up.
They're fun as hell live.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Having finally got Taylor Swift's Reputation the other day...how dead is the old Taylor? I liked her better :(

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
A couple decent suggestions that came up in my YouTube (because I am a Hipster and I listen to Very Hipster Music):

Also the new(ish) Thermals single is pretty good:

Fun Fact: Hutch Harris is actually an amateur stand up comedian too and his stuff ain't half bad. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-rDJIfRPg].

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I have a bunch of the Umineko soundtrack on repeat since I just got started on the Steam version for my first replay. It's legit the best media I have ever experienced and I don't think it will ever be beaten. You hit the Answer arcs and somehow it gets much better even though it was already excellent.

[sub][sub]Fuckin' Erika, I love you so much but I want to blow you to pieces at the same time somehow.[/sub][/sub]

Also Great Days is still on frequently because it has to be one of the catchiest songs of the decade.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Everything I listen to regularly is always part of a whole album (which I always add to my playlist), so this is just a short list of vague favourites. All of the albums the songs are on come recommended (according to my own taste). I mostly tried to put new discoveries before old favourites. Additionally, these are in random order.

I also wanted to add Kendrick's "i" and "The Blacker the Berry", but literally almost all of the uploads have audio blocked; and also Tyler's "Who Dat Boy", but I already reached the 10. Also, I would've loved to add numerous songs from the albums the songs I already linked are from (especially from Emancipator and toe), but again, 10, and I tried to keep it varied more than a legitimate top 10.

And yes, I did only just recently (i.e. in mid-2017) finally listen to Yeezy (mostly after I really got into K-Dot and Tyler).

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
I have a thing for rock, so most of what I listen to consists of famous rock songs.