What are You Playing Now / Last Game You Beat

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
SweetShark said:
Last Game I Beat: SUPERHOT.

Conclusion:
For the players who love FPS in general and want some unique to play, plus the fact is very addictive and fast like Hotline Miami and Devil Daggers, I highly recommend it.

9/10 - Awesome Game

Game I Play Now: Dead Space.

Yep, I recently started playing the game. After I fixed some VERY serious issues the game had [like crashed when you open the map and mouse function], the game is very enjoyable and sometimes even very scary. I hope it get better.
Read your review on SuperHot. And see some others have enjoyed it as well. Guess I'll have to give it a go someday.

As for the original Dead Space, it is an awesome game. And I would consider it a classic.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
SweetShark said:
GundamSentinel said:
I can confirm that if you feel right now bored for Metal Gear 5, for sure you will give up at some point.
I gave up when I finished the main game.........which I was wrong cause it was only the first Chapter!
Holy sh*t! The gameplay is fun, but I can't do this for 20+ hours!!
I suggest you to see the movie version on Youtube. I will admit even if I didn't play it the whole game, the twist ending was somehow enjoyable.
That's where I am now. Have been doing lots of side missions and messing around with Mother Base. I'm at 50+ hours now, finished chapter 1, and I have no interest in doing more of chapter 2. It just seems so pointless. The gameplay was great, but the story is so half-assed that I can't be bothered any more. And, replaying the same missions in with other difficulty settings, really?

Nah, I'm done. I wasn't expecting MGS3 level story, but this is just stupid.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
GundamSentinel said:
SweetShark said:
GundamSentinel said:
I can confirm that if you feel right now bored for Metal Gear 5, for sure you will give up at some point.
I gave up when I finished the main game.........which I was wrong cause it was only the first Chapter!
Holy sh*t! The gameplay is fun, but I can't do this for 20+ hours!!
I suggest you to see the movie version on Youtube. I will admit even if I didn't play it the whole game, the twist ending was somehow enjoyable.
That's where I am now. Have been doing lots of side missions and messing around with Mother Base. I'm at 50+ hours now, finished chapter 1, and I have no interest in doing more of chapter 2. It just seems so pointless. The gameplay was great, but the story is so half-assed that I can't be bothered any more. And, replaying the same missions in with other difficulty settings, really?

Nah, I'm done. I wasn't expecting MGS3 level story, but this is just stupid.
I really don't blame anyone who can't find the motivation to continue with MGSV. It's unnecessary long to unlock stuff, even if you only need a fraction of the gear to finish the game. And almost everything is super expensive to develop. Right now I have 107 hours and 57% complete, although a nice chunk of those hours is time I let the game sit to built and develop stuff. Or finish offline dispatch missions. Still got a ways to go to complete the final 13 or so missions. And that's not including the missions I plan to replay to unlock the skulls abilities.

So while I can't wish the next MGS game not require excessive time to do stuff, beyond that of the average RPG. Since Kojima and crew have moved on. I do wish mother base development, R&D, and the virtual battles were similar to Peace Walker. Have so many tanks and vehicles being unused that could take the place of the S and A++ ranked soldiers I'm losing, or supplement those forces.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I just finished Steins;Gate, if it counts as a game. Great characters, story, music and tears to be had, El Psy Kongroo.
Currently, I've started the Hoshido route of Fire Emblem Fates and will be doing the other two directly after. Again, great music. The gameplay's a little easy, but not nearly on the level Awakening was. Both sides seem to have likable casts of characters, with Hoshido's story being your classic "defeat the evil empire!". No idea on the other two, and don't wanna know

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
In terms of Video Games I'm going through the Mass Effect trilogy again. I just beat ME1 and I'm working my way through 2. I also promise I wont make a long thread about ME3 after I'm done. Funny thing is a few weeks ago I was thinking about Mass Effect and considering plugging my 360 in to play them again (it's been unplugged for over a year now) when Amazon just randomly recommended me the trilogy collection for ?10 on PC.

In terms of Table Top. Me and a mate are playing an Imperial Assault campaign and the glorious Empire is crushing the Rebel scum.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Been playing the Uncharted 4 mutiplayer beta . And I find it quite addicting at times. It's a pretty balanced team focused game. And believe me, its not for someone who wants to run and gun. Taking out the entire other team by themselves.

If you play your cards right, you can take out two enemies by yourself. Exhaust your long gun ammo on one, and throw a C4 charge to lure the other into a trap. But its foolish to go solo. Even with a brute, as they'll get overwhelmed with enemy fire and die. Wasting valuable resources in a tight contested game. Too bad though I'm broke so it will be some months before I can play U4 multiplayer again. Even if its annoying to get put on crappy teams, or thrown into a game where your team is down 20 kills. So screw quitters who can't see a rather short match to the end. As they're ruining the matchmaking system.

Also played the Hitman beta. Its practically a single player demo, and shows promise of high replay value with multiple ways to do the same job. Not a huge fan of the series. But I saw potential for Hitman to be a rather good game.

Darthpathfinder

Apr 27, 2007
-Jak- said:
Been playing the Uncharted 4 mutiplayer beta . And I find it quite addicting at times. It's a pretty balanced team focused game. And believe me, its not for someone who wants to run and gun. Taking out the entire other team by themselves.

If you play your cards right, you can take out two enemies by yourself. Exhaust your long gun ammo on one, and throw a C4 charge to lure the other into a trap. But its foolish to go solo. Even with a brute, as they'll get overwhelmed with enemy fire and die. Wasting valuable resources in a tight contested game. Too bad though I'm broke so it will be some months before I can play U4 multiplayer again. Even if its annoying to get put on crappy teams, or thrown into a game where your team is down 20 kills. So screw quitters who can't see a rather short match to the end. As they're ruining the matchmaking system.

Also played the Hitman beta. Its practically a single player demo, and shows promise of high replay value with multiple ways to do the same job. Not a huge fan of the series. But I saw potential for Hitman to be a rather good game.
Yeah the Hitman games have been hit and miss with me as well.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I've most recently enjoyed my PS Plus free titles, which include Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Galac-Z, and Broforce.

I'm also invested in completing the PokeDex for Pokemon X, now that a new generation is on the horizon.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Recently beat Bravely Seond on the 3DS including the bonus boss(es) of the game (as in about 40 minutes ago) might pick just cause 3 if I can find it for under 20 quid today

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
The last game I beat was Digimon story: Cybersleuth. I am currently splitting my time between Phoenix Wright: Dual destinies, and Pokemon Red on the Nintendo 3DS, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness on the Gamecube and Dark Souls II: Scholar of the first sin on the PS4.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Darthpathfinder said:
I wonder how B-cell feels about the beta. Since he's more knowledgeable about the franchise than me. And he's looking forward to this Hitman game. As for me, I've only played Contracts on the PS2. I got pretty far and unlocked a ton of guns. But for whatever reason, I never finished it.

If I do get around to playing a Hitman game, it may be Blood money. And I would love for IO Interactive to finally make a Freedom Fighters sequel.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
-Jak- said:
Darthpathfinder said:
I wonder how B-cell feels about the beta. Since he's more knowledgeable about the franchise than me. And he's looking forward to this Hitman game. As for me, I've only played Contracts on the PS2. I got pretty far and unlocked a ton of guns. But for whatever reason, I never finished it.

If I do get around to playing a Hitman game, it may be Blood money. And I would love for IO Interactive to finally make a Freedom Fighters sequel.
Most likely i will get complete version by the end of this year.

Darthpathfinder

Apr 27, 2007
-Jak- said:
Darthpathfinder said:

Who needs to unlock guns......Just off them all with some sort of trained shark.....;)

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Well I've just given up on beating Xcom: Enemy Unknown on Classic Ironman difficulty. Not because it's too hard or anything, just because the game gets so tedious after a while. Like every mission takes at least a half an hour even though my elite plasma wielding soldiers are in practically no risk. There is absolutely no way to speed things up, I have to slowly inch my soldiers up to avoid triggering enemy groups except on the first move, watching their long running animation, then there's a little delay as I put them in overwatch, then the enemies take forever making their moves, and repeat. I'm so sick of it! I've been ignoring terror missions and raiding saucers because I can't be bothered to perform the exact same tactics I just used in the last 20 missions. The game was really fun for the first couple months when I was just barely scrapping by, but it's just so bloody long it's completely worn thin by this point.

Darthpathfinder

Apr 27, 2007
Drathnoxis said:
Well I've just given up on beating Xcom: Enemy Unknown on Classic Ironman difficulty. Not because it's too hard or anything, just because the game gets so tedious after a while. Like every mission takes at least a half an hour even though my elite plasma wielding soldiers are in practically no risk. There is absolutely no way to speed things up, I have to slowly inch my soldiers up to avoid triggering enemy groups except on the first move, watching their long running animation, then there's a little delay as I put them in overwatch, then the enemies take forever making their moves, and repeat. I'm so sick of it! I've been ignoring terror missions and raiding saucers because I can't be bothered to perform the exact same tactics I just used in the last 20 missions. The game was really fun for the first couple months when I was just barely scrapping by, but it's just so bloody long it's completely worn thin by this point.
I always find it best to wait till you have moved everyone before you start putting people on overwatch...

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Darthpathfinder said:
I always find it best to wait till you have moved everyone before you start putting people on overwatch...
Either way it takes forever since there isn't an "overwatch all" button, and there is a weird 2 second delay between overwatches. Every aspect of playing the game takes so bloody long for absolutely no reason. It's like playing a game of chess where you are required to slowly tap the piece on every square you want to move past. I'm playing on PS3 by the way, so that might have an impact.

I actually did end up finishing it, though. I had built the gollop chamber and had thought I needed to train up my psi soldier through battles, but after looking it up I learned I only needed the psi armor. So done! I actually thought I liked the game before replaying it.

Jan 19, 2016
Just got my fightstick, so I'm dipping my toe into Street Fighter V, and wow, am I out of practice. Haven't played much since Third Strike.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012

Last Game I Beat: Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Pros:

- The new visual style of the series, is very welcome and I hope to keep it like this for the future games.
- The visuals are beatiful and unique in the most parts of the game.
- Many different characters you meet which are colorful and different from each others.
- The character is very responsive and easily to control in some very tight situations you need to be
100% carefull.
- At some point the game turn into a Dark Souls type of game: Even a low type of enemy can easily kill
you if you don't know what
you are dealing with. Also it have many kind of different traps which you must avoid, so take your
time to see your suroundings.
- After 2 hours I think, you get a specific abily which make you move faster. Very cool and useful for
backtracking.
- The bosses are very well designed and colorful.
- Many secrets for you to discover.

Cons:

- The story in comparison of the other games is very standar. I was hoping for an exciting story, even
if it is a prequel.
- Many characters to meet as I said, but only 1-2 of them are well-developed. Most of the times say
something useful/useless and that it.
- One Hit Death Spikes!!!!! F*CK!!! Why always with these kind of spikes in games!?!?!?!?
- Even if I said it have a Dark Souls style game, this only apply in the very beggining. After you get a
new specific ability, find more health leafs and permants health parts, the game become much easier. I
was hoping for more challenge.
- The same apply for the bosses: Very hard in the beggining, but later the bosses become just SO easy to
defeat. Even the last boss is a joke. Very easily deafeated if you take your time.
- You can easily miss a very important update just because you didn't search a specific area. This
translate for a lot of
uneccessery backtracking.
- It is a short game. I finished it with the True Ending after 5 hours.

Conclusion

I think for the price it have recently [9 Euro for me], it deserve to buy it an enjoy for what it is: A Dark Souls style Metroidvania game [at least in the beggining], beatiful to look at with some very good controls. It have some issues, but it doesn't stop it being an enjoyable title. Enjoy it even if it last only few hours.

8/10 - Very Good

Game I Play Now: The Count Lucanor

The first thing which made me to fell in love with this game, is the awesome well-worked animation from the cutscenes. Right now I saw only two of them, but I am really excited to see the other ones.
The game plays as a classic RPG Maker videogame which you control a small boy to his quest to find wealth and fortune to get away from his poor life. Very interesting story so far with a surprisingly big amount of horror elements on it. Plus the characters are so far interesting and colorful.
The gameplay merchanics are ok...with one major problem in my opinion. It doesn't have a run button, which make the walking sometimes painfull, but not always because it is a big part of the atmosphere. Only when you backtrack is the problem.
Also it have a unique save system which you must PAY to save the game. I believe when you reach a specific point, you won't have a problem, but very early you must keep the coins to buy some specific items.
In other words after 2 hours of gameplay I can say the game is very good. Maybe you will do some thing over and over again cause you didn't save, but this is why also the game is unique: It is a Dark Souls RPG Maker Adventure ;P

Darthpathfinder

Apr 27, 2007
Drathnoxis said:
Darthpathfinder said:
Either way it takes forever since there isn't an "overwatch all" button, and there is a weird 2 second delay between overwatches. Every aspect of playing the game takes so bloody long for absolutely no reason. It's like playing a game of chess where you are required to slowly tap the piece on every square you want to move past. I'm playing on PS3 by the way, so that might have an impact.

I actually did end up finishing it, though. I had built the gollop chamber and had thought I needed to train up my psi soldier through battles, but after looking it up I learned I only needed the psi armor. So done! I actually thought I liked the game before replaying it.
I was playing it on the 360....But having a "overwatch all" button would be a bad idea because your bound to press it when you do not want to....Plus the game taking its time with doing stuff like that means that your not in a rush when making your next move...I hear that X-com 2 is a much more "faster" pace with its combat mission.....