What are you thoughts about Vegetarianism and why do you feel that way?

Ilja Lyubimov

Oct 15, 2011
It is OK as long as you are responsible for your health. I respect most of vegetarians for their choice, but...

NEVER TRY TO BOAST IT. Once you differenciate yourself from other people like this - you are on a straight way to being a massive ****.

AngleWyrm

Feb 2, 2009
Dante DiVongola said:
Overall, I just can't bring myself to care about if the meat I eat was prodded, crammed in a small living space, and had it's throat slit and was hung to bleed out.
I would prefer to eat happy meat, rather than miserable meat. I've got a sneaky suspicion that well being changes the proteins that make up that meat.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
PhantomEcho said:
It merely detracts from everything you say, and eventually leaves you a discredited, writhing lump of impotent rage.
Hey, woah, I am not impotent. In fact, I have a raging boner even as I type this. It's kind of you to say you would call the paramedics if you saw me dying. I'm glad I haven't dehumanised myself too much in your eyes. I wouldn't want you to eat me.

papdefer

Dec 17, 2009
Has any body read that Cracked.com article where they explain very nicely how humans are designed to WIN rather than find truth in an argument?

Here, read it it's very eye opening: http://www.cracked.com/article_19468_5-logical-fallacies-that-make-you-wrong-more-than-you-think.html

The thing is, taking any sort of ethical stance towards vegetarianism or any of its offshoots is likely to get yourself shot in the foot because of some obscure fact somewhere that somebody never considered. And this will vary from person to person and region to region. For example, the above argument about meat vs. veggie farming and environmental effects. My area is extremely rich in pig and sheep farming as well as dairy production, however due to 9 months of cold weather 90% of our vegetables and fruit are trucked in over huge distances. Or worse, produced "locally" in greenhouses heated at immense cost with hydro-electricity which is arguably very damaging to the environment but produces a huge bonus in wealth for my province. You see how this is all one giant mess?

Also I become extremely annoyed at vegetarians who wear pearls (oysters aren't alive apparently) and leather (the tanning industry kills its own separate cows) or who eat eggs (look up chicken culling in the egg industry, it ='s a lot of dead and unused roosters) or cheese (also look up rennet while you're at it, it's the inside of a calf's stomach and a very common ingredient in cheese).

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I've always loved the people that say "I'm a vegetarian because I don't like to see animals suffering.". I don't like to see them suffer either, so you know what I do? I stay the fuck out of slaughter houses. You don't see it die when you buy it at a butcher shop. I've never witnessed a restaurant kill a cow for my steak or burger.

And what about those plants you eat? They're alive too. They're just easier to catch.

Seriously, though. Eat what you want. If you want a big ole bleeding steak, that's cool. If you don't, that's also cool. I'll eat your steak for you. More meat for me.

papdefer

Dec 17, 2009
-Samurai- said:
And what about those plants you eat? They're alive too. They're just easier to catch.
Seriously, how dare you decide that that cow over there has more of a right to live that this spinach!!! ^_^

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
papdefer said:
-Samurai- said:
Seriously, how dare you decide that that cow over there has more of a right to live that this spinach!!! ^_^
Oh no no no no no. Spinach can burn in hell. Now, corn. There's a vegetable.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
manic_depressive13 said:
I'll still hate you for it, and probably wouldn't even call an ambulance for you when you have a cholesterol induced heart attack, or choke on your steak. Just saiyan.
People like you are the prime reason why people have negative thoughts about vegetarianism/veganism. To note: Not only would I not help you if you were choking on a carrot, but I hope some huge meat-eating dudes prevent your resuscitation.

Matthew Dunn

Apr 1, 2011
Oh look this thread again e-e

Well i am also a meat nommer but im careful about where the meat comes from and will not eat anything that is halal because of the way its slaughted (I mean no offence by this but i disagree with it)
I.E (wiki) Ḏabīḥah (ذَبِيْحَة) is the prescribed method of slaughtering all animals excluding fish and most sea-life per Islamic law. This method of slaughtering animals consists of using a well sharpened knife to make a swift, deep incision that cuts the front of the throat, the carotid artery, wind pipe and jugular veins but leaves the spinal cord intact.[2] The head of an animal that is slaughtered using halal methods is aligned with the Qiblah. In addition to the direction, permitted animal should be slaughtered in the name of Allah (the Lord) and the person who is slaughtering should be a Muslim and he/she should be in a good mental condition and faith.

I thought cutting the throat was illegal... but they get away with it ----> watch out for this sign حلال

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Kevlar Eater said:
manic_depressive13 said:
I'll still hate you for it, and probably wouldn't even call an ambulance for you when you have a cholesterol induced heart attack, or choke on your steak. Just saiyan.
People like you are the prime reason why people have negative thoughts about vegetarianism/veganism. To note: Not only would I not help you if you were choking on a carrot, but I hope some huge meat-eating dudes prevent your resuscitation.
Oh no, but I only want to be associated with happy thoughts. Would you stop eating meat if I was nice to you? No? Well in that case it's true that your negative vibes are ruining my feng shui, but I think I can deal with that.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
since when is vegetariasm morally superior?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmK0bZl4ILM
(yeah, I know, L2embed)

OT: basicly what has already been said already, I respect your philosophies as long as you dont shove it in my face.

Piflik

Feb 25, 2010
I am not against vegetariarism as a personal choice (as well as I accept religion as a personal choice), but I really hate when people try to imprint their delusions on their children...

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
I think that they're free to believe whatever the hell they want to. I also think that they're wrong and that it stems from an "ew, nature" reaction that is so common in people nowadays.

I was raised in a rural area, my grandfather was a farmer. I know exactly what happens to farm animals. I still eat meat. And, in case any vegetarians are reading this, no I'm not a psychopath.

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
I'm a vegetarian and I won't hate you for eating meat, I will... not get into this discussion though, because people are ignorant, especially on the internet, and therefor there is a golden rule "don't try to educate people on the internet".

Elmoth said:
There is no such thing as a vegeterian.

There's more products made from animals than just meat:
Medicine, chewing gum, anti aging cream, pasta, imitation eggs, cake mixes, dyes and inks, adhesives, minerals, plastics, pet food, plant food, photo film, shampoo and conditioner.

I could go on and on.

I think it's a little hypocrite to not eat meat, but use all these other things fine because they don't remind of you of that cute little animal.
an actual vegetarian check those things, there is a lot of every day items I don't use because they contain gelatin or camine (red colour used in alot of makeup and candy) and other animal products.
But yes, there have been times I accedently have eaten things tha contains animals but it is the principle that it is about, I'm a vegetarian even if someone tricks me into eating meat.

manic_depressive13 said:
Anyway, why the hell shouldn't I sit on my high horse. I can because I haven't fucking eaten it yet.
funniest quote ever =P

poleboy

May 19, 2008
... Why do people care so much what other people eat? Or what clothes they wear... or who they have sex with? Seriously, it's hardly ever any of your, or anyone's business.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
If they don't want to eat meat or use animal products that's fine by me, more power to them, should they get on their soapbox and harass me with bullshit because I'm not one of them? Well no, crazy religious people do that and I ignore them completely.

Metaphysic

Jul 1, 2011
I refuse to eat red meat when I can avoid it, but I'll nom some chicken any chance I get. If it wasn't for chicken, I'd go veggie, but it's too damn delicious. If any veggies could recommend something that tasted like chicken (not tofu!), I'd gladly try it and possibly convert.

I also prefer a large veggie to meat ratio in my food (and by veggie, I mean anything that isn't useless, bland iceberg lettuce). Peppers of all kinds, onions, spinach, corn... vegetables can be some of the most delicious food ever.