What are you top 10 Best games of this gen?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I just started playing during the lockdown and I really recommend the Divinity Unleashed mod. It overhauls the armor system that forces you to making either physical or magical based parties. Normally armor is something you have to whittle down to do actual damage thus having 2 physical attackers and 2 mages, you'll be having to whittle down both magical and physical armor of enemies for all your party to actually damage them. Also, you can't CC enemies that have armor. The mod makes armor damage reduction vs an initial health pool to get through. And you can CC enemies with armor obviously because they always have it. The mod also changed how a lot of the statuses work so you can't just CC all the enemies constantly skipping their turns as getting a status effect that actually skips their turn requires 2-steps usually like if you freeze them, they can still act and to get them really frozen, you have to chill them after they've been "snap frozen".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qnECB8DZVt7s_O2_TbEbGzipfdg1zLqtj9mtFNyaFFk
The idea with the armor is that some enemies have more magical armor and some more physical so you wanna have a flexible party able to do all sorts of damage. If you fight a magically armored enemy your mages just need to be support units and the reverse for a physically armored enemy.

As for the status effects, those are balanced too because different ones affect each defense being lowered and they have carefully planned this to make battles more strategic. For example, making people who have high physical armor into chickens is kinda OP since those would be the ones who'd rush close to you by themselves and chicken is a relatively short range ability.

Basically, I just love the way the armor system works in the basic game and don't care for the idea of that mod at all lol.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The idea with the armor is that some enemies have more magical armor and some more physical so you wanna have a flexible party able to do all sorts of damage. If you fight a magically armored enemy your mages just need to be support units and the reverse for a physically armored enemy.

As for the status effects, those are balanced too because different ones affect each defense being lowered and they have carefully planned this to make battles more strategic. For example, making people who have high physical armor into chickens is kinda OP since those would be the ones who'd rush close to you by themselves and chicken is a relatively short range ability.

Basically, I just love the way the armor system works in the basic game and don't care for the idea of that mod at all lol.
Every fight in the game ends being played the same because of the armor system; you strip the armor as fast as possible and CC after that since CC has a 100% to apply when there's no armor. The mod reworks pretty much everything including the "chicken status effect". For example, knocking down enemies with say Battering Ram doesn't cause enemy turns to be skipped. Also, the stunned status effect doesn't skip turns so you can't just cast Rain and electrify the water while your take ranged pot shots at the enemy, which is basically what you do in the normal game once you strip the armor off.