What are you watching atm?

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
i don't really watch much tv these days. i got sick of all the reality shows they kept putting on.

i've recently been enjoying watching the season finale of Star Wars The Clone Wars series on Disney +. i love the way that show delves more into the backround of the other jedi and also the way it connects the episode 2 and 3 prequel films really well. i'm excited to see the final episode of the show tomorrow

just curious what other tv shows people are watching these days?

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
I'm sloooowly making my way through The Last Kingdom, as my boss really recommended it for it's nuanced characters.

It's great, but man is it grimdark enough to be exhausting.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Just finished an elliptical workout watching Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 Episode 1 on IMDBtv for free with commercials. So surprising to see a T1000 introduced in a TV show. In 1992, the concept was spectacularly expensive. So far, really great show. So sad it was killed by a writer's strike back then.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I've been watching Season 2 of Altered Carbon on Netflix, which reminds me, I must get back to it soon. I really enjoyed the first season but two episodes in, this one hasn't pulled me back in quite the same way so far. Another murdered meth, familiar territory. I do like how they switched the actor playing the main character, clever use of the concept.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Honestly, the only thing I watch on TV are reruns of Angry Beavers before bedtime.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
My neighbours. Intently. Ready to call the police if they fuck about flouting the rules.

I jest of course. There aren't any neighbours. Not after the "incident." Tragic stuff. And no evidence to connect me to it whatsoever. Tragic indeed.

The television provides little comfort really. Talking about it, even less so.

Reactions: happyninja42

Ghostrick Dorklord

Ordinary High School Girl
Legacy
Oct 2, 2009
Through the Looking Glass
Country
Wonderland
I have been watching random Youtube videos.

Currently watching this. This has been a series for a couple of years. However Greninja is a very out of the blue pick because Gen 6 wasn't too long ago and there's a lot of Pokemon they haven't covered; They haven't finished Gen 1 for example. Still interesting to see the metagame evolve, even if its too recent.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Since December 13th, I've been rewatching South Park seasons 1 to 10, first time on Blu-ray (two separate boxsets). I just finished season 8.
Since approximately November 22nd, I've been rewatching The X-Files, first time on Blu-ray. I'm about ten episodes into season 4.
Since December 3rd, I've been watching Thundercats on DVD. I'm on episode 60 of 130.

It takes me so long now to finish TV shows now because I watch movies every day.

Also been rewatching Aeon Flux on DVD since April 30th. I love the weirdness of it. So much creativity and sci-fi absurdity. I think I prefer the diague-free shorts from 1991 and '92 over the ten twenty minute shows from 1995. But I like all of them.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Mostly random vids but I have been watching 'Keep your hands off Eizouken!' and so far its damn good, like top 10 good.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I've been watching Season 2 of Altered Carbon on Netflix, which reminds me, I must get back to it soon. I really enjoyed the first season but two episodes in, this one hasn't pulled me back in quite the same way so far. Another murdered meth, familiar territory. I do like how they switched the actor playing the main character, clever use of the concept.
I honestly was really disappointed by season 2.

The most interesting thing about season 1 was the murder mystery, and all of the flashbacks were really kind of boring and bog-standard "ra ra resistance fight the power" fluff. Guess what the focus of season 2 gets to be.

The acting by the main character in season 2 also rubbed me the wrong way. I actually like the actor, but he doesn't act enough like the actor from season 1. Changing sleeves isn't supposed to affect the person's personality, character, and mannerisms. This isn't Doctor Who.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, what, I say what I'm watching in this thread, and actually appraise it in the other thread?

Well, watching The Mandalorian right now.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'm trying to learn cooking techniques from a cookbook named The Food Lab. I discovered a couple of days ago that the author, Kenji Lopez-Alt, has been posting cooking videos daily on Youtube to pass the time on quarantine.

I am not a guy who really uses Youtube. Most anything there's a video on, I prefer to read. Even when I try to get into series on topics I'm interested in, like history videos, I generally lose interest after a couple of days.

But something about Kenji's low-key delivery and relaxed atmosphere, the simplicity yet cleverness of his home cooking, giving his dog a scrap of food at the end of every home cooked meal, even the strangely wholesome comments section. I've found his videos very pleasant and relaxing, and I watch a few a day.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
AEW Dynamite. It's about as good as can be expected under the present circumstances, but all the same it's pretty depressing watching professional wrestling without the crowd.

EscapeGoat

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I'm slowly making my way through Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm not a huge watcher of anime but every now and again I like to dip my toes in and watch a series or film that I know is well-regarded or notable and see what I think. I've reached the halfway point of the show and I'm definitely enjoying it. I guess I knew before going in that it had a reputation of being a deconstruction of mecha anime and the trope of having kid heroes, but I wasn't quite prepared for how visceral it gets, even in those early episodes. It's starting to be a bit lighter in tone as it hits that midpoint but I get the feeling that it won't stay that way - I can't see a positive ending for this at least, but I am keen to see just where it ends up going.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'm slowly making my way through Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm not a huge watcher of anime but every now and again I like to dip my toes in and watch a series or film that I know is well-regarded or notable and see what I think. I've reached the halfway point of the show and I'm definitely enjoying it. I guess I knew before going in that it had a reputation of being a deconstruction of mecha anime and the trope of having kid heroes, but I wasn't quite prepared for how visceral it gets, even in those early episodes. It's starting to be a bit lighter in tone as it hits that midpoint but I get the feeling that it won't stay that way - I can't see a positive ending for this at least, but I am keen to see just where it ends up going.
Oh, you're right about to hit the point the downward spiral starts. All those lighter bits from earlier just kinda vanish and the tone gets much bleaker.

Don't skip the final 2 episodes, even though they're quite jarring. Also, if you're not totally turned off by the series by the end, It's recommended you follow it up with End of Evangelion to bring the entire thing to a close, but it's possibly even bleaker then the final 3rd of the show. It tends to be a big of a base breaker for fans but at least it does bring the whole thing to a conclusion(the final two episodes not so much).

EscapeGoat

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Oh, you're right about to hit the point the downward spiral starts. All those lighter bits from earlier just kinda vanish and the tone gets much bleaker.

Don't skip the final 2 episodes, even though they're quite jarring. Also, if you're not totally turned off by the series by the end, It's recommended you follow it up with End of Evangelion to bring the entire thing to a close, but it's possibly even bleaker then the final 3rd of the show. It tends to be a big of a base breaker for fans but at least it does bring the whole thing to a conclusion(the final two episodes not so much).
Cheers for the advice on End of Evangelion. I had heard that it's more or less a must-watch to bring the show to any kind of close, and I'm curious as to that. Looking forward to when I can report back, presumably in a state of total confusion XD

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Cheers for the advice on End of Evangelion. I had heard that it's more or less a must-watch to bring the show to any kind of close, and I'm curious as to that. Looking forward to when I can report back, presumably in a state of total confusion XD
It's implied last two episodes of the film happen at the same time as the climax of the film, though obviously there's some debate about that. It's wierd.

I've watched the series and movie a couple times though. I think I finally understand it now....at least I have a better ides what the hell SEELE Is blabbing on about half the time.

Reactions: EscapeGoat

Martintox

Mister Disorder
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I'm currently 13 episodes into the third season of Twin Peaks. It's fascinating to see Lynch tackle a TV show narrative once again when he's directed some of his most experimental movies in the years that followed season 2. Some parts genuinely reach Inland Empire levels of intensity, particularly episode 8, which may be one of the best things he's ever made. It was fairly jarring at first to have episodes switch between new characters/settings and already familiar ones, but I've grown to like the new additions a lot (considering the many mediocre ideas of season 2, it was probably for the best that the town only serve as part of a larger story; it's already a lot of fun to see how some of the characters have grown). I also enjoy not hearing the same half-dozen background themes constantly as in the original show. I'm eager to see how it unfolds in the last couple of episodes.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I might watch Extraction tonight and the original Tenchi Muyo (Blu Ray) whenever it gets here.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I'm currently 13 episodes into the third season of Twin Peaks. It's fascinating to see Lynch tackle a TV show narrative once again when he's directed some of his most experimental movies in the years that followed season 2. Some parts genuinely reach Inland Empire levels of intensity, particularly episode 8, which may be one of the best things he's ever made. It was fairly jarring at first to have episodes switch between new characters/settings and already familiar ones, but I've grown to like the new additions a lot (considering the many mediocre ideas of season 2, it was probably for the best that the town only serve as part of a larger story; it's already a lot of fun to see how some of the characters have grown). I also enjoy not hearing the same half-dozen background themes constantly as in the original show. I'm eager to see how it unfolds in the last couple of episodes.
I've had that show(season 3) in my backlog for years and on one had I want to jump into it, but I kinda have this nagging feeling I need to refresh myself on the first two seasons and I remember Season 2 turns into an unbearable slog around the middle(and suddenly get good again at the end). Does it really matter? If so, is there a good summery I could watch beforehand?