What are your Game of Thrones ending predictions?

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
The armies of Westeros are outside the walls of Kings Landing, they know what they need to do. The Wall has fallen and White Walkers are carving a path of death and destruction across the land, every victory only adding to their ranks. This has forced everyone to work together for once and they are ready.

The snow is falling heavily when they see their enemy coming towards them, they charge with everything they have and just as they are about to clash it cuts to a close up of an eye opening. The eye is clearly not human and as the camera pans out, we see that it is a dog and the whole thing was an extremely detailed dream that George R.R Martins dog was having.

That or the penultimate episode shows the whole armies about clash and the show gets cancelled and there is never a proper ending to the show.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
I feel like Bran is probably the key if the ending isn't "Wall falls, everyone dies." Yeah, Danerys and her dragons could be extremely important, but since (IIRC) they're still stuck in the ass-end of the world with no means of getting to Westeros in sight, unless things change heavily in the next two books it's not going to be them saving the world. Whatever happens, the North is pretty hosed without the Starks in Wintefell. I can see the Others pushing their permanent territory as far south as the Neck, which is the logical place for the armies of men to make a stand.

Like I said though, Bran is really the wildcard here. The extent of his powers hasn't been fully shown yet, but given that he's able to take control of Hodor, I'm getting a real Professor X vibe. Plus, he's learning from the Children of the Forest, who in the past could use the Weirwoods as basically a global surveillance network (their Greenseers were able to see through the faces on the trees, and most interestingly could do so at any time during the tree's life)...I'm predicting whatever Bran does will be totally fucking awesome.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Considering how most of the characters I like are dead and most of the remaining ones are colossial morons, I'd be satisfied either way, although since Danaerys, and Tyrion are some of the few surviving characters that I like I'm hoping for the Bittersweet ending. Either way I hope the White Walkers kill everybody in Westeros.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
The Lannister/Dorne alliance obviously ends, prompting further internal conflict within the realm which I'm sure Littlefinger will make worse (probably by pushing the Lannisters further against the Boltons when Dorne is on their arse). Cersei burns the not-cultists to the ground.

Danaerys finally sorts out the Esteros bollocks and comes to King's Landing, prompting the Tyrells to cut off ties from the Lannisters and (after Targaryen victory) ally with Danaerys.

The Long Night begins and the infighting between the Wildlings and the Night's Watch creates an ill defence of the Wall. The Boltons survive long enough for Bran and the remaining Children of the Forest to amass some kind of defence, though it's not enough to prevent the fall of the North and the deaths of the remaining Westeros Starks. The Whitewalkers reach King's Landing prompting a final stand off. Danaerys, too proud to abandon home, stays, telling her Dragons to flee to save themselves. Drogon stays and dies with his mother, the other two go off and do Dragon-stuff.

Arya continues to do nothing but I suppose in name she's the only ruler of Westeros alive. Varys and Littlefinger flee to Esteros, deciding to battle one another over a new realm. The Greyjoys are largely decimated, some deciding to stay with their island of symbolism, and others being smart enough to know that White Walkers don't know how to build boats.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Rickon out of nowhere, riding on Shaggy Dog, takes the Iron Throne at the end of winter after everyone but Patchface and Little Finger die defending Westeros from those wascally White Walkers.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
NephilimNexus said:
G.R.R.Martin dies and people spend the next ten years writing ten thousand different fan-fic endings, all of which suck.
The most realistic ending, and also the most tragic of them all.

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
Not sure but I suspect/hope the Iron Throne gets melted in dragon flames at some point as a symbol of destroying a monarchy based on the crushing of enemies and maybe even the formation of a Republic.

Also dragons will be instrumental in the defeat of the white walkers in someway.

Beyond that I wouldn't like to guess much.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
NephilimNexus said:
G.R.R.Martin dies and people spend the next ten years writing ten thousand different fan-fic endings, all of which suck. his estate contracts Brandon Sanderson to do the last two books. He in turn realizes there is too much material so each book is actually 3. A book is churned out every year for 6 years. The ending is still pretty good, but everything feels slightly off.
Fixed that for you.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I told you. Tyrion Lannister is put on the throne, because he is the absolute last person who wants to be there, but he does a damn good job anyway because he's very good at decision-making and, as per the throne's point of existing, will not get too comfortable.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
While everyone keeps bickering over who will sit on the iron throne the white walkers will do their thing until theres noone left to fight them. The End.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
As I understand the situation we have these three facts. Dragons have fire. Fire kills ice zombies. Ice zombies are the major threath to Westeros.

I expect Dany and the dragons to save Westeros from the ice zombies. Then she either tragically dies or marries somebody to help her rule Westeros. The final ruler? Ehm, Gendry maybe?

(if anything I say has been contradicted by the most recent season or the books, don't tell me. In fact I shouldn't even be in this thread if I want to avoid spoilers)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
Tyrion will be revealed as a Targaryen...
Say whaaaaaaat?

That's a thing?

I mean, okay, I'm the guy who didn't pick up on Jon's parentage or Renley being gay, so I may just be utterly oblivious, but when was this ever suggested?

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Zhukov said:
I mean, okay, I'm the guy who didn't pick up on Jon's parentage or Renley being gay, so I may just be utterly oblivious, but when was this ever suggested?
Tyrion's mother is widely rumoured to have had a thing with Aerys Targaryen (before he went full Howard Hughes).

It makes a certain degree of sense, and also adds a whole new meaning to Tyrion's statement that "all dwarves are bastards in the eyes of their fathers".

Ronald Nand

Jan 6, 2013
Zhukov said:
BloatedGuppy said:
Tyrion will be revealed as a Targaryen...
Say whaaaaaaat?

That's a thing?

There's a video that explains the theory, its possible but ultimately a theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVhKOxmJCw&ab_channel=AltShiftX

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Jon Snow remains in permadeath.
Daenerys gets gangraped by the dothraki horde till she perishes in a spurt of glory.

All the women stop watching the show
All the men who were just watching it to have something to talk about with a lady stop watching
Most book fans already stopped watching the show
Those who remain will stop watching after another asshat moment like the siege of winterfell

D&D perform harakiri
Martin dies and becomes the embodiment of sloth in hell.

The end.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
After I read all the books and watched the TV series, I think the only way the whole thing could logically end is with the White Walkers going to Westeros and laying waste to the entire country. Then Daenerys returns riding a dragon and sees the state of the country, she says "Nope" and turns back, returning to Mereen to rule it as a harsh but fair queen with her dragons and her unsullied.

Any other ending would require 6 more books, the removal of 90% of the current cast, and quite possibly a change of genre.