What are your thoughts about World of Warcraft: Legion?

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
724
0
0
Phasmal said:
Was planning on a paladin main but then they changed paladin healing and I didn't like it so I've gone crying back to my true love, druids.
Oh?

I did most of my raiding on my paladin. What did they wind up changing?

Also, I refuse to play druid. Restoration is the only spec they have that I really like; I never liked kitty DPS and I always hated the stupid balance bar they added for Boomkin. Gotta run a DPS spec, that's my schtick for every toon I play.

Just thinking ahead. I wanna play a healer again, but I need to decide what I want to use my boost on. I really, really don't want to go back to Dragonblight and the assholes in my old guild.
 

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
3,676
0
0
SlumlordThanatos said:
Phasmal said:
Was planning on a paladin main but then they changed paladin healing and I didn't like it so I've gone crying back to my true love, druids.
Oh?

I did most of my raiding on my paladin. What did they wind up changing?

Also, I refuse to play druid. Restoration is the only spec they have that I really like; I never liked kitty DPS and I always hated the stupid balance bar they added for Boomkin. Gotta run a DPS spec, that's my schtick for every toon I play.

Just thinking ahead. I wanna play a healer again, but I need to decide what I want to use my boost on. I really, really don't want to go back to Dragonblight and the assholes in my old guild.
I can't remember the exact changes that made me pack it in, but I remember being annoyed that they got rid of Beacon of Faith*, so now you only have Beacon of Light. They changed it so you don't have holy power any more, too. It just felt less powerful and fun to play.

I'm lucky enough that I can pretty much play pure resto as my boyfriend quests with me and he plays a tank so we can quest and dungeon together pretty easily. I don't like any other druid spec, but I like druid healing so much that I always end up playing a druid.

Still, I'm aiming to eventually get all my characters up to 110. I have 2 at 100 at the moment and one at 110. I enjoy healing so I'll have a look at what healers are kicking ass at the moment and probably level that.

EDIT*: Or rather, they changed it so it's pretty much worthless now.
 
Jan 19, 2016
692
0
0
SlumlordThanatos said:
Phasmal said:
Was planning on a paladin main but then they changed paladin healing and I didn't like it so I've gone crying back to my true love, druids.
Oh?

I did most of my raiding on my paladin. What did they wind up changing?

Also, I refuse to play druid. Restoration is the only spec they have that I really like; I never liked kitty DPS and I always hated the stupid balance bar they added for Boomkin. Gotta run a DPS spec, that's my schtick for every toon I play.

Just thinking ahead. I wanna play a healer again, but I need to decide what I want to use my boost on. I really, really don't want to go back to Dragonblight and the assholes in my old guild.
In their current form, Holy Paladins are "melee healers" meaning they are designed to hang around near the boss with the melee and mainly serve as tank healers. They have strong single target heals and some of best "oh, shit!" buttons of any class, but their AoE healing is minimal and dependent on their proximity to the target. They won't top the meters, but they will keep the important people alive.

As it stands, healing looks like it's going to be tough across the board, with healers having fixed mana regen per second (spirit is gone), which will make mana efficiency and DPS not standing in fire key to surviving raid encounters. The general consensus seems to be that Paladin is the best single target healer, and Druid is the best AoE/raid healer, while Shaman is good at both. It really depends what style of healing you like and what content (raids, Mythic+ dungeons, PvP, etc) you want to do and what other specs of the same class appeal to you.

Related: the T19 Patchwork sims are out - http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html Take with a large bag of salt due to there being no actual patchwork fights anymore.
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
7,320
801
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
wizzy555 said:
Is it me or WoW has going for Game of Thrones levels of dread. PEOPLE WON'T STOP DYING.
Well, they DID call Varian Lo'gosh, sharing the name of a wolf ancient, and Anduin IS called the Son of the Wolf, and...uh-oh...

...did House Wrynn become House Stark? 0_0
 

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
724
0
0
Bilious Green said:
As it stands, healing looks like it's going to be tough across the board, with healers having fixed mana regen per second (spirit is gone), which will make mana efficiency and DPS not standing in fire key to surviving raid encounters. The general consensus seems to be that Paladin is the best single target healer, and Druid is the best AoE/raid healer, while Shaman is good at both. It really depends what style of healing you like and what content (raids, Mythic+ dungeons, PvP, etc) you want to do and what other secs of the same class appeal to you.
Ew. I was annoyed enough when they got rid of mana-restoring abilities (Innervate, Divine Plea, et al). Healing is stressful enough as it is, Blizzard really didn't need to make it harder.

Guess I'm just gonna try out melee Hunter after all.
 
Jan 19, 2016
692
0
0
SlumlordThanatos said:
Bilious Green said:
As it stands, healing looks like it's going to be tough across the board, with healers having fixed mana regen per second (spirit is gone), which will make mana efficiency and DPS not standing in fire key to surviving raid encounters. The general consensus seems to be that Paladin is the best single target healer, and Druid is the best AoE/raid healer, while Shaman is good at both. It really depends what style of healing you like and what content (raids, Mythic+ dungeons, PvP, etc) you want to do and what other secs of the same class appeal to you.
Ew. I was annoyed enough when they got rid of mana-restoring abilities (Innervate, Divine Plea, et al). Healing is stressful enough as it is, Blizzard really didn't need to make it harder.

Guess I'm just gonna try out melee Hunter after all.
Innervate still exists, but iirc, it's the only mana restoring ability left in the game. There are however a number of talents that allow free casting for a brief period (Mana Tea for monks, for instance) and from what people have said, there may be mana trinkets available at some stage. I haven't really looked into it as I pretty much only play DPS these days.
 

wizzy555

New member
Oct 14, 2010
637
0
0
Bilious Green said:
SlumlordThanatos said:
Bilious Green said:
As it stands, healing looks like it's going to be tough across the board, with healers having fixed mana regen per second (spirit is gone), which will make mana efficiency and DPS not standing in fire key to surviving raid encounters. The general consensus seems to be that Paladin is the best single target healer, and Druid is the best AoE/raid healer, while Shaman is good at both. It really depends what style of healing you like and what content (raids, Mythic+ dungeons, PvP, etc) you want to do and what other secs of the same class appeal to you.
Ew. I was annoyed enough when they got rid of mana-restoring abilities (Innervate, Divine Plea, et al). Healing is stressful enough as it is, Blizzard really didn't need to make it harder.

Guess I'm just gonna try out melee Hunter after all.
Innervate still exists, but iirc, it's the only mana restoring ability left in the game. There are however a number of talents that allow free casting for a brief period (Mana Tea for monks, for instance) and from what people have said, there may be mana trinkets available at some stage. I haven't really looked into it as I pretty much only play DPS these days.
And Innervate is no longer on all druid specs.
 

Benpasko

New member
Jul 3, 2011
498
0
0
SlumlordThanatos said:
and I always hated the stupid balance bar they added for Boomkin.
You'll be happy to know that's gone. Everyone hated it, so they killed it dead. Boomkins have it pretty nice this xpac, they get the Scythe of Elune, and earlier in a druid-related dungeon one of the bosses had a ton of special dialogue he was yelling at the druid in our party.
 

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
5,161
0
0
Bilious Green said:
SlumlordThanatos said:
Bilious Green said:
As it stands, healing looks like it's going to be tough across the board, with healers having fixed mana regen per second (spirit is gone), which will make mana efficiency and DPS not standing in fire key to surviving raid encounters. The general consensus seems to be that Paladin is the best single target healer, and Druid is the best AoE/raid healer, while Shaman is good at both. It really depends what style of healing you like and what content (raids, Mythic+ dungeons, PvP, etc) you want to do and what other secs of the same class appeal to you.
Ew. I was annoyed enough when they got rid of mana-restoring abilities (Innervate, Divine Plea, et al). Healing is stressful enough as it is, Blizzard really didn't need to make it harder.

Guess I'm just gonna try out melee Hunter after all.
Innervate still exists, but iirc, it's the only mana restoring ability left in the game. There are however a number of talents that allow free casting for a brief period (Mana Tea for monks, for instance) and from what people have said, there may be mana trinkets available at some stage. I haven't really looked into it as I pretty much only play DPS these days.
Holy Priests can take Symbol of Hope, an old skill, as a talent, which allows for mana-free casting.
 

LetalisK

New member
May 5, 2010
2,769
0
0
I'm enjoying Legion. I don't have a lot of time to play, so I'm really enjoying the Legion App, so I can keep pace with class hall missions while at work.
 

someguy1231

New member
Apr 3, 2015
256
0
0
Loving it so far. Already leveled to 110 and the endgame content is excellent. Artifact weapons are a great addition. What I really love though are class halls. They're all highly distinct for each class and unlike garrisons, you can actually socialize with other people of your class. They're basically what garrisons in WoD should've been.

Overall, the best WoW expansion since WotLK. Depending on how Blizzy supports it over the next year or two it might surpass that.
 

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
3,676
0
0
Started running Mythics this week, they're actually pretty hard.

They'd probably be easier if there wasn't always one or two dps who can't figure out not to stand in all the bad shit, but one can't hope for much in that department.
I'm trying to figure out how to get the most out of my heals at the moment. I'm no shitty healer, but I feel like I could be doing more.
 

BloatedGuppy

New member
Feb 3, 2010
9,572
0
0
Jandau said:
My main concern is the amount of content at 110 - WoD was also fun while leveling, but quickly went to shit at level cap, so will that be happening again? What I've heard from the Beta and from people in general is that there's a ton of content already in the game, far more than all of WoD, so at least that's promising. Here's hoping Blizz makes it work this time around...
I've put a lot of time in so far. At this point in WoD, I'd already exhausted 95% of the content available to me, and it was just waiting for Highmaul. And once Highmaul opened, it was really just "run Highmaul on multiple difficulties/lockouts". Most other forms of content rapidly became worthless/obsolete.

By comparison, Legion has launched with:

1. World Quests. Replacing dailies with a huge pool of ever rotating quests featuring scaling rewards is one of the most elegant solutions to end-game casual content drought I can think of.

2. The Suramar storyline alone is MUCH longer/more involved than any late-game storyline in WoD, easily outpacing (and higher quality) then the WoD epic quest, which was almost instantly raid-gated anyway.

3. Level scaled zones that keep the entire continent end-game relevant, so everyone is not funneled into 1-2 zones.

4. Mythic+ dungeons coming with Emerald Nightmare, to keep dungeon content relevant for the entire lifespan of the expansion. No more outgearing/obsoleting dungeons entirely one week in.

And in 7.1 we're getting a mini-raid and mega-dungeon, rather than a selfie cam and twitter integration.

When you consider that post-Highmaul, literally NO casual content went into WoD until Tanaan, and Tanaan was simply Apexis mission grinding, which had become tiresome very early on post-launch. Questing, storylines, dungeons, all of it stopped. If you raided, you were happy with the quality raid content, but outside of the raid content the game featured absolutely nothing (and there were only 3 raids as well, which were heavily Orc flavored, after a year spent with an Orc-themed raid to cap Pandaria). If you were a part time raider or didn't raid at all, the game featured nothing for you to do but sit in your garrison running missions. Which is what everyone did, hence the "WoD was nothing but sitting in your garrison running missions". Some people did it on a dozen alts, exacerbating the problem (and breaking the economy in the process).

Without knowing anything that will happen to the game post 7.1, Legion is already in considerably better shape for a sustainable post-launch lifespan. That doesn't mean the repeatable content can't or won't get stale...nothing stays fresh forever...but at least there IS content. A casual gamer could conceivably log into WoW every day for the next 2 years and happily find "new" things to do that were relevant to their character and interests. WoD couldn't sustain that for two months.

I wouldn't worry.

Phasmal said:
They'd probably be easier if there wasn't always one or two dps who can't figure out not to stand in all the bad shit, but one can't hope for much in that department.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the most out of my heals at the moment. I'm no shitty healer, but I feel like I could be doing more.
It's no so much "standing in bad shit" that makes Mythics hard, but DPS who tunnel on doing max deeps and don't interrupt or CC at all. Even having ONE DPS who interrupts can make Mythics considerably less painful.

As for healing...what's your ilvl? I started Mythics at around 820, and it was a real strain trying to keep people alive through the average trash pull. I'd dump mana constantly and have to drink after almost every fight. But the tanks and DPS were all ~820 too. If the tank was only average at using active mitigation or the DPS decided not to interrupt, there'd be a fair share of dying.

Around 835 it started to smooth out, and at 846 with the third relic slot unlocked and a solid gold dragon trait I can heal through most Mythic nonsense pretty easily. Some stuff still hurts...the elite packs in Violet Hold can still wreck most tanks, Cordanna requires a very on-the-ball light holder, Maw was a gong show (although Helya got nerfed, so it might be okay now, haven't done her lockout this week yet) due to endless tainted sea spamming. But for the most part, this stuff is one-shottable.

You picked a good class, btw. Druids seem to be Blizzard's pet class this expansion. One of the best if not the best tank, the best healer by a runaway margin, solid DPS, amazing class hall with all kinds of bonus amenities, special dialogue in dungeons, etc, etc, etc. It's like being a poor kid with an annoying, rich cousin. Fucking Druids.
 

Wrex Brogan

New member
Jan 28, 2016
803
0
0
I'm enjoying how utterly broken Protection Warriors seem to be right now - it's like they took all the poor balance out of Disc priests from WoD and baked it into Ignore Pain, the amount of group content I've been able to solo has been insane. With the right talent set up I can get it stacked up to something like 3 million absorption, which is just fantastic for damn near everything. Finally I can kill things without needing a priest to keep me alive, only took 12 years for that to happen.

Outside the glory that is Warrior tanking, I'm really enjoying all the stuff to do and all the lore - the artifact stuff, the class hall quests, hell even the profession stuff is great in how all these various recipes have a story rather than just shit you mash 'Learn Recipe' from a trainer. World quests are a hell of an improvement on the daily grind, the leveling zones were all quite interesting (though I feel it's going to be a bit boring going back through ALL of the zones again on the alts) and I'm really keen for the raid season to start up since the dungeon contents been pretty solid so far. Fingers crossed we're not stuck raiding the final tier for 14 months this time though - my guild stopped HFC for 6 months and didn't miss anything, so... yeah.

...Demon Hunters are a little disappointing, but ehhh, I think that's mainly 'cause I've been playing a Melee/tank spec since vanilla anyway and wasn't that enamored with the whole Illidan thing to begin with, so they didn't really have anything to jump out at me.
 

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
3,676
0
0
BloatedGuppy said:
It's no so much "standing in bad shit" that makes Mythics hard, but DPS who tunnel on doing max deeps and don't interrupt or CC at all. Even having ONE DPS who interrupts can make Mythics considerably less painful.
Yeah I suppose that's true. My boyfriend is my tank for Mythics and he's constantly bemoaning the fact that he only has 2 interrupts and nobody else does any interrupting.

BloatedGuppy said:
As for healing...what's your ilvl? I started Mythics at around 820, and it was a real strain trying to keep people alive through the average trash pull. I'd dump mana constantly and have to drink after almost every fight. But the tanks and DPS were all ~820 too. If the tank was only average at using active mitigation or the DPS decided not to interrupt, there'd be a fair share of dying.

Around 835 it started to smooth out, and at 846 with the third relic slot unlocked and a solid gold dragon trait I can heal through most Mythic nonsense pretty easily. Some stuff still hurts...the elite packs in Violet Hold can still wreck most tanks, Cordanna requires a very on-the-ball light holder, Maw was a gong show (although Helya got nerfed, so it might be okay now, haven't done her lockout this week yet) due to endless tainted sea spamming. But for the most part, this stuff is one-shottable.
I'm ilvl 831 now, but I started doing mythics around 820, low end of 820. Trash is more annoying than bosses in most cases.
I've got a fair handle on my mana-management now but the thing I struggle with is a lot of sudden burst damage. I'm doing Mythic Halls of Valor today and I'll see how I get on with that.

And don't even talk to me about Violet Hold. We got unlucky with Anub'esset and that fucking thing is literally the worst. We wiped so many times, and it was one of those times where I couldn't tell if it was my fault or the dps's fault.
BloatedGuppy said:
You picked a good class, btw. Druids seem to be Blizzard's pet class this expansion. One of the best if not the best tank, the best healer by a runaway margin, solid DPS, amazing class hall with all kinds of bonus amenities, special dialogue in dungeons, etc, etc, etc. It's like being a poor kid with an annoying, rich cousin. Fucking Druids.
Druids are my one true love. I've told my boyfriend to stop me if I try to main anything else, because I always come back to druids.
Druid healing is just the most fun.