What brand new games have you bought/ going to buy this year?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
So what brand new, never touched before games have you bought this year. Steam games, and download games count, but they have to have been released this year. Remakes don't count.

My list:
Battlefield 3 (pre ordered)
Skyrim (pre ordered)
LA Noire
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Little Big Planet 2
Portal 2
From Dust
Bastion

Those are all I can think off. There probably more, but I cant be asked to look.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Well, my birthday's in three days, so I'm getting:

Human Revolution
Arkham City
RAGE
Mortal Kombat

I'm pre-ordering:

Saint's Row the Third
Skyrim
MW3

and I've previously gotten:

Portal 2
Dead Space 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Homefront
Dragon age 2

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Oh, god, let's see... Dragon Age 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dark Souls, Frozen Synapse, L.A. Noire, and I'm going to eventually be getting Skyrim, Halo: CEA, Battlefield 3 and MW3 (suck it, ye haters), Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Star Wars: The Old Republic... I'm sure there are a couple others that've slipped my mind.

It's been a big year for gaming.

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
Pre ordered Saints Row the Third, which us the first game I've ever preordered. Will be the 2nd or 3rd game ive ever bought new. Thats really it until christmas probably.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Crap. You mean I have to remember all the way back to January? Not happening. I'll just go with recent.

Dues Ex: Human Revolution, Dragon Age 2, Dark Souls, Team ICO collection, Batman Arkham City, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Gears of War 3, Resistance 3, and F.E.A.R. 3. Those are the ones I've bought so far.

I'm getting, as soon as they come out, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3 (Both. I know, shocking), Skyrim, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Halo Anniversary, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Mass Effect 3--Not out til next year, I know, but still.

I'm certain I'm forgetting some, but there are just so many.

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
Hmmm

Portal 2
Deus Ex 3
Catherine
Dark Souls

I'll probably get MGS:HD collection too if that counts, oh and Halo Anniversary oh and Uncharted 3 oh and Skyrim oh and...FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
BF3 (pre-order)
Skyrim (pre-order)
Just bought Arkham City
Bought Dark Souls before that
Dead Island and Deus Ex: HR and the original
E.Y.E
The THQ pack off of Steam
Dead Space
Team ICO collection

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Dragon Age 2
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Pokemon White
Shogun 2
Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
The First Templar
Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition
Space Marine
FIFA 12
Sims Medieval

If we count expansion packs, too, I also picked up EverQuest II: Destiny of Velious, Sims 3: Generations, and Sims 3: Pets this year.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is already paid for an on my Origin account, just waiting for launch day. Steam says that there will be a Jurassic Park game released this fall, but they still haven't given me a release date or price on it.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I didn't buy any new games this year. It's shit being poor. I did buy Rachett and Clank: A crack in Time and Lost Planet 2 second hand if that counts. I'm gonna buy Skyrim when it comes out though, or me and my housemates are gonna buy a copy for our house anyway.

EDIT: I forgot, I bought GTA IV Complete Edition the other day on eBay. I think that might have came out this year? maybe not though. Gonna trade in GTA IV and a few others when that arrives and I might buy a new game with the money from the trade-ins. But I'll probably spend it on Skyrim.

Fantasylord

Aug 25, 2009
Just bought Arkum City 3 days ago played it for 6 hours so far, and I am so enjoying it, i have bought other games this year but most of them aren't new releases and Dragon Age 2 is excluded because I got it for my birthday.So ya Arkum City, and Kingdom Hearts Coded, as well as SPace Marines are my only brand new just released this year games.Now if I were to list out all my games i have bought this year there would be a long list.As for what I plan to buy probably Assassins Creed Revelations, maybe Infamous 2 Portal 2, Catherine, and Spiderman End of Time.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Me, I got :

Dead island
Portal 2
From Dust
Orcs must die!
Total War shogun 2
Terraria (I think its brand new anyway)

I will be getting:

Skyrim
RAGE (When they sort all the F*cking bugs out!)
Arkham City is a must for me...

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Uh...Counting games that I bought/am buying this year, that came out this year, as 'brand new', in no particular order:
-Portal 2
-Pokemon Black Version
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution
-Gundemonium Collection (Steamy!)
-Frozen Synapse
Not bought/out yet:
-Sonic Generations
-Cave Story 3D
-maybe Assassin's Creed: Revelations

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Dragon Age II: Signature Edition (360), Pokemon: White Version (DS), Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (3DS), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS, I know you said no remakes...), Frozen Synapse (And the other two Humble Bundle games that came with it), and I think that's it for games that came out this year. I don't buy them too much as I have no money...

Depending on how Christmas goes I might get the following:
Cave Story 3D (3DS)
Sonic Generations (3DS)
Sonice Generations (360)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360)
Batman: Arkham City (360, Wal-Mart has both Batmans bundled so if I can get that I might get this)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Limited Edition(Wii)
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (360)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
Professor Layton and the Last Specter (DS)
Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii)
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (DS)

No way I'll get all of this, but I'll get some of them, depends on what I can get this year and whether I'll get a Kindle Fire or not...

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Deus Ex.
Space Marine.
Skyrim.
ToR.

Those are the only ones i'll be buying at release, full price this year.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'm trying to name games I bought this year at all.

I bought Trenched, Toy soldiers: Cold War and Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers on Ecks Blah.

I have Saints Row the Third pre-ordered.

Damn, that may be all the purchasing I've done this year.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Skyrim and Halo: Anniversary are the only two new games I super want this year. Wait, does Minecraft count? Is coming out for real in November.

iDoom46

Dec 31, 2010
Just bought Gears of War 3 and Batman Arkham City, both on preorder.

Planning on buying CoD MW3, Battlefeild 3, Halo Anniversary, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and possibly Saints Row the Third too.
Probably won't get any of of these on the first week like I did Gears or Batman (except, maybe, for Saints Row. Those preorder bonuses look damn sexy!)