What brought you to Escapist and what made you stay?

Denim Knight

Nov 19, 2011
Zero Punctuation was the first reason I came here. Then I starting watching other videos and found them to funny and liked Little Miss Critical as well. I just finally signed up via the facebook thing and started messing around on the forums. So far, I like what I see....mostly :p

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Yahtzee, I became a massive fan of his Trilby adventure games, then a massive fan of his Youtube zero punctuation series, and moved here when he got the gig at the Escapist...

I'm kept here by the news articles, Moviebob, Jim Sterling, and Yahtzee. Really wish they'd stop doing reviews though.

Neoseek

Mar 14, 2010
I came here because of Doomsday Arcade, stayed for Yahtzee and MovieBob and all the game related new.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Extra Credits.

I stayed, however, since I quite like a fairly fast moving forum that's not only game themed, and the moderation here at least keeps the worst trolls away.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I came here for Yahtzee, a good friend of mine showed me the website, and after my breakup at the time, I slowly learned what kept me here.

You guys. I love that somewhere, someone I know plays video games and might think the same way as I do about some things. I like that. I also like that I can talk about movies, and some people might argue with me, and that some might agree. I love The Escapist because of the community.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
As with most people, I came for Zero Punctuation, and stayed because of the forums.

Jzcaesar

Mar 29, 2011
I had just started playing minecraft, when Yahtzee reviewed it, saw it, and stayed because of the various shows, strictly admin-ed forums, and because of the community and site that I believe is for the betterment of games and gaming community.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
I found many other people here were like-minded in terms of being near-suicidal when they came.

No idea why we all stayed.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Heard about ZP being funny. Took me a year to remember its name and track it to this site. Watched a few episodes, laughed, saw other shows I liked the look of, watched them, saw forums that I had to sign in to post in, and signed up. Pretty much everything has kept me here really. Hell, its one of three sites that are my homepages, one of the others being my email.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Stolen Pixels, then I saw the forums, lurked a bit, and then joined.
It's a shame I can share the love you all have for Yahtzee, it's just that no matter how much I try, I can barely understand a word he says (so I just stick with his editorials).

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Friend introduced me to Zero punctuation, there were a couple of dozen episodes at that time so I worked my way through the back catalogue. When I had finished there I noticed that there were other funny people on the site. So I started watching them, then I moved onto reading articles and finally talking on the forums.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Originally it was just Yahtzee, followed by the sadly long-gone Extra Credits, then I started to get interested in Moviebob's stuff, and gradually realized that the site was a really good place to keep up with gaming news, and filled with interesting articles. Hell, this place even has a forum filled with a reasonable percentage of rational, sane individuals, which is enough of a rarity in itself to keep me here.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
Well, a friend told me about Zero Punctuation, the same way the majority ended up here, stayed here for the forums and the friends I made.