What Browser(s) Do You Use?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Was surprised to read this -

But also not so surprised upon the reasoning. It’s always seemed like most people have *trusted* Mozilla more so than it’s competitors, but I guess convenience trumps all? I’ve started to use Firefox again recently and while I like its functionality, it’s been considerably slower than either Chrome or Edge, especially on startup.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Still use Firefox, mostly because I can't be arsed to use anything else. Used to be an Opera boy, some ten years ago, but switched cuz it got real crashy after an update and kind of forgot about it. At work I use Chrome, since some of our proprietary apps don't work properly on Firefox.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Desktop: Firefox
- I have over 100 tabs currently on Firefox and it always runs just fine. I have a theme I like that's nice and simple (Gato Cinza White Cat). And Firefox does the one thing I can't figure out how to do on any of many Chrome browsers: type in a website or search into the address bar and have it open in a new tab. I use Waterfox at work because they blocked Firefox.

Android: Kiwi Browser
- I got a new phone about a year back now and it has the taller screen (camera notch and all) with a different aspect ratio and for whatever reason, Firefox doesn't display Youtube videos properly and it very noticeably crops part of the picture when viewing in full screen. Kiwi Browser is like the only Chrome-based browser I found on Android that lets you install Chrome extensions so I gots my "the thing you can't talk about here" (is that still a thing?) running on it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I use Ecosia.

I can't reccomend it from a functional standpoint, but its search revenue goes to planting trees.

If I was recommending stuff purely on the basis of functionality, it's Google Chrome, which I always use at work.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I still use firefox. It has better apps and functionality.

Chrome used to be compelling because it had a much lighter memory footprint, but that hasn't been true for years now.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Firefox with the requisite plugins for most things. Edge I use to logon to my work remote access site and order pizza. It’s a capable browser for day to day use but Firefox has better functionality for my money.

Reactions: BrawlMan