Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Here are my specs;

Intel Core i3 processor @2.40ghz
4gb RAM
Intel HD integrated graphics
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I may be missiing something out here so apologies if I am. I'm not very tech savvy, so just let me know what other info you need.

I'm not expecting it to run anything big of course, just wanting an estimate of what I can reasonably expect. Thanks :)

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Can You Run It? [http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx] is a pretty reliable website for finding out if you can run certain games. I don't trust it 100% though.

ubersyanyde

Dec 9, 2011
believer258 said:
ubersyanyde said:
You have Intel integrated graphics so pretty much nothing.
Not true at all.

You have the same specs I do, so check out my Steam list [http://steamcommunity.com/id/believer258/games?tab=all]. Everything there except Far Cry 2 runs just fine on my laptop.

Morrowind and Oblivion also run on my laptop pretty well. Oblivion's settings must be tweaked a bit, but it does work.

Halo 1 and 2 work just fine.

I once downloaded the Dragon Age 2 demo, and it ran good enough. This means that Dragon Age Origins would probably run in a playable fashion.

FEAR 1 runs pretty well.

I once got to try out Grand Theft Auto Vice City... or was it San Andreas?... on my PC, and both of those ran pretty well though I didn't like them much.

And, finally, pretty much anything made 2005 and before. Some stuff from later years, like Oblivion, Left 4 Dead, Halo 2, and all of Valve's games, should also run on your laptop pretty well.

P.S.: Don't forget emulators!
Oh really? I guess I've been pretty misinformed. Then again a lot of your games are on the Source engine which is really well optimised and can run on most computers.

Still, integrated graphics aren't exactly future proofed. If you're getting into gaming you'll probably want something like a Radeon HD 5570 graphics gard. It's pretty cheap at £50 and can run most games.

Of course you can't upgrade laptops so I would recommend building a fairly cheap (~£350) gaming PC to run a game on an engine from the past 5 years.

Kvaedi

Jul 7, 2011
You can run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl on that, it runs fine on my laptop, about the same exact specs as yours. You will need to turn things down, but it will run surprisingly smoothly and the graphics will still be pretty even when tuned down. It's the newest game I've ever installed on this laptop, I didn't think there was a chance of it working right...