What Country Has The Best Music?

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
bluepotatosack said:
Any discussion about the progenitors of electronic music should include Raymond Scott. The man was way ahead of his time.
That's true he truly was a pioneer of the electronic sound. It's interesting that he and the founding members of Kraftwerk had similar backgrounds (studied classical music, sound engineering / design)and ambitions to evolve the music, so it could reflect the impact of all the new technologies on human society. All of them masters in their own disciplines but in the end Kraftwerk brought this style of music to a new level.

listen to those beats ;)

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Hashime said:
England basically made rock music, and has some of the best artists today. (Pendulum for starters)
Actually only one of Pendulum is English; the MC.
In fact Pendulum are from all sorts of English-speaking countries: Bassist, DJ and Singer/Electronics - Aussies, Drummer - American, MC - English, Guitarist - Welsh.

And I will agree with you that they are one of the best artists today. I mean, how many other bands do you see seamlessly blending so many truyl different genres together so well?

Macabre9037

Jul 2, 2009
I would say America simply because, Rock and Roll, the Blues and Jazz all originated here, though England is really where Rock and Roll became good.