What Country Has The Best Music?

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I would go with the UK.
but I will say that Canada has some pretty good alernative rock stuff.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Boba Frag said:
I'm the same, I keep missing them or just plain not going for various selfish reasons...
I believe she's still in it, I can't think of a better successor for Eibhilín, really.

Feck it, this is making me want to buy the new album and see them gig now...

Also- high fives for being able to call such a classy lady one of your old flames! Nice!
:D Lol, yeah she's sound as a pound. Good musician too!

And yeah I remember when Eibhlin played in the band, that was back when we would have done a few gigs with them. I was in a band called Lotus Lullaby, we did a bunch of stuff around Cork before getting signed to a label and promptly imploding due to the music biz sucking :D

They used to always play that song about about the parsnips... lol. Everyone in Freakscene loved it!
We seem to have taken over this thread a bit... excellent!

First time I saw them was in the Spiegeltent the day that I finished my Leaving Cert in 2006. They all came on stage dressed as Bruce Springsteen :D

Whoah, I think I remember the name! That's a pure and utter balls that that happened to your band.

Haven't heard the glory of the Parsnip song in that place in an age... I should have stopped going when they stopped playing it! I try and avoid it like the plague these days.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Boba Frag said:

First time I saw them was in the Spiegeltent the day that I finished my Leaving Cert in 2006. They all came on stage dressed as Bruce Springsteen :D

Whoah, I think I remember the name! That's a pure and utter balls that that happened to your band.

Haven't heard the glory of the Parsnip song in that place in an age... I should have stopped going when they stopped playing it! I try and avoid it like the plague these days.
I hear ya, haven't been there in a few years either... I'm too old lol. They kinda stopped playing interesting music too.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Hmmm I would have to say America and England for most of ym favourite bands, but there are some other bands I really like from other countries.

Germany - Rammstein, Masterplan.
Holland - Ayreon
Wales - Bullet For My Valentine
Armenia - System of a Down (Ok Armenian-American but close enough)

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Boba Frag said:

I hear ya, haven't been there in a few years either... I'm too old lol. They kinda stopped playing interesting music too.
I'm counting down the days until they start playing Jedward 'ironically' in there.
I feel like some crusty old bastard whenever I'm in there. A mate of mine forced me to be his wingman way, way too many times!

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Tie between Canada and England.
If you look at Canadian artists I'm sure you will agree. Ex. Faunts-Canadian, Deadmau5-Canadian, BNL and BTO - Canadian. Rush- Canadain, Justin Bieber (not a fan, but)-Canadian, City and Colour / Alexis on Fire - Canadian. I can go on.
England basically made rock music, and has some of the best artists today. (Pendulum for starters)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Boba Frag said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Boba Frag said:

I'm counting down the days until they start playing Jedward 'ironically' in there.
I feel like some crusty old bastard whenever I'm in there. A mate of mine forced me to be his wingman way, way too many times!
Lol... brings back memories :D

__Anarchy__

Sep 17, 2009
Im from Australia and i would say both America and Canada for their pop punk bands such as Mayday Parade, ADTR, Hollywood Undead, Rise Against and Silverstein.

ellistoner

Jun 2, 2010
Either Denmark, Germany or parts of America - Nekromantix, Mad Sin and Koffin Kats (<3)

Psychobilly ftw.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Boba Frag said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Boba Frag said:

Lol... brings back memories :D
I just get flashbacks and nightmares! lol

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
where's the credit for Kraftwerk? They are the foundation for every genre that contains a electronic beat (electro, pop, hip hop etc)... I mean those guys had to build their own tech to put their visions into practice...

this stuff for example is over 40 year old, way ahead for their time

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Britain has a lot of good stuff, mostly Pendulum, Enter Shikari, Jamiroquai, and of course.....

I don't care how ancient this music is, it's fucking cool.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Smokej said:
where's the credit for Kraftwerk? They are the foundation for every genre that contains a electronic beat (electro, pop, hip hop etc)... I mean those guys had to build their own tech to put their visions into practice...

this stuff for example is over 40 year old, way ahead for their time

Any discussion about the progenitors of electronic music should include Raymond Scott. The man was way ahead of his time.

If anyone is a fan of J-Dilla you'll recognize this.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
BlackStar42 said:
The UK. We have Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Alestorm, Motorhead, Slash, and many many more.
This is what I was going for. Where would we be without Lemmy?