What do Mana and Hp potions taste like?

Windown95

Jan 16, 2011
I have made my character drink tons of it,but how does it taste. Bad,Good,or no taste at all.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
I imagine they taste thoroughly grim, hence why heroes try to down them in one sweep.

Blizzarded Soul

Jan 27, 2010
I like to believe that Health potions taste like strawberries or raspberries. But mana potions taste like blueberries.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
If I had to guess I'd say they taste like red and blue. They are flavors!

thisberichard

May 14, 2010
I can't speak to health potions, but mana potions are kind of nasty. Like an energy shot, but a little less well blunted by artificial flavors.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/a273/

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
thisberichard said:
I can't speak to health potions, but mana potions are kind of nasty. Like an energy shot, but a little less well blunted by artificial flavors.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/a273/
I thought those things were pretty nice tbh.

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
They taste like the nectars of Gods, thus, explaining the taste would be impossible. Explaining such taste would be like explaining the color green to a blind person. If I must guess, I'll say magic. It tastes like magic. With mana potions tasting like blue magic and health potions like red magic.

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
It's medicine. Well, the HP potions are, anyway. I'd bank on the health potions tasting like cheap cough-syrup. The mana potions on the other hand just restore energy... So I'd imagine those would taste like a very concentrated energy drink, which would be awful if you ask me...

Echo Delta

May 17, 2011
In my tabletop campaigns I generally followed both dwarven and tolkien tradition and made potions, more often than not, alcoholic spirits or bitter tasting. On occasion they could be anything from a sweet to a sour liquid, it really depends on the effect really.

thisberichard

May 14, 2010
To each their own, I guess. Wasn't to my taste.

That said, I now fill the bottles with vodka and blue food coloring, which I contend is preferable, albeit far less thematically appropriate.

Echo Delta

May 17, 2011
poiumty said:
Horribly. Otherwise they would be served in bars as a refreshment drink, right?
Unless you count that they would be far too pricey to be served at all, given the level of wealth vs. cost of a potion in most fantasy settings.