What do women find attractive? (Men only)

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Power, but not, like, political or finical power. I'm talking about literal power here!

You see, love is often associated with the heart, and the cardiovascular system can be viewed as the human powerplant. This is why the sporting gentleman is generally considered to be a "Babe Magnet", whereas the archetypical skinny nerd isn't.

Now, according to a quick google search, the average unaugmented human body only produces 100W, which, let's face it, is pretty naff. Therefore, by upgrading to a superior power source, such as internal combustion, you can increase your power output by several orders of magnitude!

SCIENCE!

(If you disagree, all I have to say is this: "Iron Man")

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
Let see. I have be complement on my eyes and hair and by hair they clearly do not mean hairstyle because I have no style.

I look rather plain, I thought i was rather unattractive but was told that was not so. Most women that like me are about personality. I am clever and have a rather dry wit, confident and so not take shit from no man and laid back so i do not start shit with no man. I suppose women like that because i have no problem getting female friends on a casual level. To be honest i have never looked for companionship on a serious level so i have no idea of how good or bad i would be at getting such a person.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
CODE-D said:
Didnt I comment in this thread......whered it go....WHAT IS THIS MAGIC!!!?
I killed your post. It was eating all my Fritos.

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, I read somewhere that a lot of women like broad chest and shoulders (and man booty), but confidence is equally important.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Jonluw said:
The reason I'm doing this is that I recently remembered being complimented on my back by a couple of girls. This took me by surprise because 1. Who notices someone's back as a sexy attribute? (Of course, I've later found out why)
You have back dimples, don't you? Everyone likes back dimples.

Demgar

Jul 31, 2010
Girls like tall guys. Maybe not super tall guys, but if you're under about 5'9" you're probably gonna have a harder time picking up girls. Your height is the first thing they see, and it's a go/no-go thing for a lot of girls. There are a lot of exceptions to this of course, just like everything else, but the same build/voice/face/confidence dude will meet a lot more (and hotter) women at 6' than 5'6".

Build is a mixed bag. Most girls are willing to overlook it unless you're shaped like a potato. Don't be shaped like a potato. Girls that aren't willing to overlook build to some extent probably aren't worth your time. Let them self-select.

They don't know what your penis looks like until you get far enough along that unless it's really small, it's not relevant to the immediate situation. Long term, this might be a deal-breaker I suppose, and don't expect to sleep with her friends if you got a little winky. Girls tattle to each other about that stuff!

Man, it depends so much. The same girl might like tattoo biker on Friday night and sissy banker on Wednesday. Maybe it's pheromones or something, who knows. As MovieBob might say "GURLS ARE WEEEIRRRD!"

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Lol Imma post in here anyway. *dances*

[sub]Damn you kids and your ability to defy my commands![/sub]​
Dags90 said:
You have back dimples, don't you? Everyone likes back dimples.
Huh...
I do.
I had no idea that was even a thing. Had to google it.

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
Well I watched this show where they were scientifically studying what attracts people to each other.

Warning: These are broad generalizations.

What scientist have found that attracts women to men. Basically it boils down to "Do you have features that would make for having lots of happy, healthy, children." Even if the woman doesn't want children, we're ALL still programed to look for these features, men and women.

So, what makes for lots of happy healthy children?

First of all genetic and bodily health. Symmetry is the foremost sign of genetic health. If you're not symmetrical, there's a good chance your genes are messed up somewhere and there's a greater chance your offspring will be born with something nasty or be unsymmetrical themselves. If one eye or ear isn't the same shape as the other, you're gonna have a harder time finding a date. Then, of coarse, there's your over all health. Rippling muscles. Can jog for days without breaking a sweat kinda thing.

Smell also plays a roll. Bad smell means you don't take care of yourself, how are you expected to take care of someone else? Deeper than that, women get subconscious hints of how healthy your immune system is from your smell. Parents with healthy immune systems = children with healthy immune systems. If you're going on a date, wear cologne. NOT TOO MUCH COLOGNE. If people can smell you before they see you you've failed. Just go home. Smell is to be subtle, not over bearing.

Community status. We are communal creatures by nature. Someone high in communal rankings would bestow advantages onto their children. Thus guys with lots of friends, or guys that are famous, are attractive prospects.

Material wealth. If a guy can afford a tricked out Lamborghini or to wear a 5000 dollar suit, he can probably afford to support the needs of the screaming human larva we call "babies". They can also support the woman herself, so for the selfish shallow types this is a big deal.

Comfort level. This is a big one. If a woman can't feel comfortable with you, she isn't going to want to bear your children and isn't going to want you raising them to be like you. What's comfortable for women? That's entirely subjective and personal. Generally, having an easy attitude, sense of humor, etc are attractive. But then there are women who want pricks, there are even women who expect to be ignored or abused and find comfort in that. These women generally came from broken families with abusive fathers. Women often look for guys who remind them of their fathers because they are comfortable with their fathers. Even if those fathers were pricks. So, if a girl says "You remind me of my dad" that is a VERY good thing.

Above all, work on your social skills. If you are creepy, acting sex starved, acting DESPERATE etc etc you are not going to get date. I was at an anime club one day and in comes a group of girls. One of the guys I was talking turned, pointed, and shouted "Look! Girls!" I face palmed and said to him "You are going to die a virgin..."

Again. These were all broad generalizations. Please don't send the angry mob at me if your personal experiences have been different.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I'd have to guess the eyes and hair. Every time a friend-who-is-a-girl of mine sees a guy whom she will later go on to date, the first thing she notices is how cute/pretty his eyes are, followed by how much she likes his hair.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I have it on good authority that all women find musclebound power fantasies attractive. Some male virgin on the internet told me!

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I'd say personality is probably the biggest thing in my experience. You don't need to have hollywood looks and a small fortune in your back pocket (lord knows I don't) for a girl to like you, you just need to be confident in who you are and show a bit of interest and let the hormones do the rest. Of course each girl has her personal preferences - as do guys - which will help (or hinder) chances. But all in all if you can make a girl smile and feel secure you can get more or less anyone you want.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Jonluw said:
Huh...
I do.
I had no idea that was even a thing. Had to google it.
It's like a preview for dat ass, but it's modest enough that you can bare it in public.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Dags90 said:
It's like a preview for dat ass, but it's modest enough that you can bare it in public.
I'm baffled that a google image search of that term produces over 4 million results.

I have no idea why people find it attractive, and I'd never even heard of it before now.
I've been unwittingly been flashing my dimples all this time.
I feel so dirty.

In all seriousness though, I really don't get it. I just don't get how it's sexy.

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
The suit, I am shocked that this hasn't been mentioned yet. Seriously, throw on a well fit suit, a shirt with some colour and a tie that matches and you will see far more women glancing your way. Perhaps its the nice V shape that makes you look like you have nice broad shoulders, the sign of affluence or a mixture of both but since I got a suit job I get a lot more attention.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Pysically: Muscles, A tone or bulky shape. Large jaw, smooth face.

Personality: Charisma and Confidence, holy hell confidence. You can preety much any girl if you got the right confidence.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
There is no general look or trait, much like we don't like a general look or trait. For example:

I have messy dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and well defined facial bone structure. I am 5'11", weigh 150lbs, and am skinny to the point of twink like.

I have met girls that don't even notice me at all. I've also met girls that have openly flirted with me and made excuses to touch me. If women had a generalized ideal look for guys I would experience only 1 of these situations, but I don't.

To say there is a magical formula for the "perfect man" is bs. I would say however to keep bathed, to improve your personality, and don't smoke unless she does.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
Is it weird that I read the female thread, but I've read absolutely zero posts in this one?

Anyway, they probably look for the same things we do when actually considering someone for a long-term relationship: face, fitness and personality.

Face: all else aside, it's what you're going to be looking at every day

Fitness: it shows whether you care about yourself

Personality: usually comes down to confidence, intelligence and a sense of humour

The specifics may vary, i.e. beards vs no beards, blue vs brown eyes, hair length, etc, but in the general sense, it will always come down to face, fitness and personality, in some order of preference.

Captcha said 'wing it'

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
A sense of humour and confidence :D

A sense of humour indicates intelligence and wit, while the confidence is need to get that humour across.

Hey, it works for me :D
Which is why I crash and burn at this kind of thing.

/Forever alone

Hazy992 said:
A nice healthy duodenum. Bitchez love duodenums

Incidentally I'm still single for some strange reason?
But how?! Everyone loves a healthy intestine :3