What do you boys and girls think of my decision? (love related)

Jibblejab

Apr 14, 2009
JoesshittyOs said:
(Were you really picked up by your parents after a night of drinking and managed to get away with it?)
My parents have stated that no matter how much they hate that I drink, they'll always pick me up if needed.
I love my parents :D[/quote]

Yeah same :D I guess they know we'll drink either way so they would rather us be pissed and home safe than pissed and staggering home in the middle of the night? Win for us either way!

And back on topic, honestly mate you did the right thing. I got the gist that she just wants you there when it suits her and when she needs you, but will ditch your someone else because she's fickle sometimes I guess? Or just exceptionally unappreciative.

Well anyway, I wouldn't go running to apologise. Let her come and apologise, how ever long it takes, just grit your teeth and get on without her until she realises the error of her ways. The last thing you want is for it to seem like you're just crawling back to her again.

Good luck with it all

EDIT: A quote I saw that I like about love...
?Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.?

Bassanova

Jun 16, 2010
Dude, don't worry. You did all you could to make it work, she just didn't.

Also, don't take shit from her boyfriend. Grow your hair long and proud.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
HellsingerAngel said:
Epic snip of infinity
Yes, I know I too was in the wrong, and I should have had more confidence and such.
I just wished she never told me she actually loved me, worse was it that she stated it thrice.
It's not easy letting a person loose when they say that they love you.

I've got Fibromyalgia. It sucks.

SilentFlames26

Sep 9, 2011
She treated you terribly, you sound like a cool guy, you could probably do way better. But even now saying this I know that love makes you blind, you had to realise that you no longer loved her to truly see how she treated you and its a good thing you did.

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Magefeanor said:
I've got Fibromyalgia. It sucks.
Yay for having to google diseases!

And yes, that does sound like it sucks. Welcome to the "I have a really sucky condition that I won't directly die from but makes my life a living hell" club. I'm Mr. Diabetic. Nice to meet you. =D

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
She sounds like a *****. When the friend-zone gets THAT bad, I'd tell her that it's simply better for you two to not be friends any more. As heart-breaking as that sounds, what'll hurt more is when she moves on and you're still pinning over her :(

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Magefeanor said:
Snipped for the good of all mankind.
Think you're a bastard for breaking it off with a total *****? No, think you're a damn cowardly fool for bottling up your aggravation instead of telling her how you feel and putting up with her crap for so damn long? Hell fucking yes.

Grow a damn pair, stop putting up with other people's crap, and most importantly of all, let people know if what they're doing is pissing you off, and make damn sure they know you ain't going to stand for it. Nobody respects a man that pussy-foots around, least of all any lady that man fancies.

Now don't go misinterpreting my words, I'm not telling you to become a douchy jock asshole, or go treating the ladies like shit, I'm advising you to stand up for yourself, y'know, to be a man.

I'd apologize for being so bloody crass, but sometimes you need to get straight to the damn point to make a guy man up, especially when it's for his own good.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Magefeanor said:
(I am a big fan of the tough love so if your not, I suggest you stop reading)

Are you going to get "welcome" tattooed on your forehead? 'cos she just walked all over you for what sounds like years!

I get the whole "I found the one and I will follow her no matter what" thing, I have been there but it sounds like you were seriously worshiping the ground she walked on.

I would say sever any connection with the girl and just chalk it up as a loss. If she walks up to you and tries to start a conversation, laugh, shake your head and walk away.

Hope things get better if you have read this far.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I say this in just about every relationship thread, and it may sound a bit pessimistic, but if I were in your shoes, this is what I would do; Ride it solo. There are better things to devote your life to.

[sub]
[/sub]

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I think I'm right behind you in this situation, and right behind your actions. Though I haven't been in love with the I was interested in for some time, but still let her use me. My situation was she asked me to drive her to school for three days, only she really wanted me to wake her up, drive her to school, drive her home, and drive her to work, every day. And in those three days she made me late because she deliberately turned off her alarm clock, because she knew her classes started after mine and didn't give a fuck if I got in trouble or not, that was one day. She complained that I wouldn't speed home so she could go to work earlier in a rainstorm (It was her brothers business and she would not have gotten in trouble for being late), that was day two. And on the third day I told her to wake up early to give me leeway in case she was you know, sleeping. I told her that the day before, right before going to bed she left me a message saying that she would be ready for me at 7:30 when my classes are at 8:00 and it takes exactly :30 mins to get there if everything was perfect.
When she revealed to me her intentions of continuing on like this I say that I thought she only needed me for 3 days and she was furious and now she's not talking to me.
Right now I'm just thinking of all the shit I put up with, the shit I was put through (maybe worse than what the OP went through, but I'm not sure), and all I've done for her. And I think of all that she's done for me, and it was and...nothing. I'm not even sure she really liked me as a friend. Right now I'm thinking of the one time I did something with her that wasn't with other people, and she told me that she wanted other people to come too and was going to cancel when she heard it was going to be just me, only she really wanted to get an ipad that day. So all I can say to you is, give it a few weeks and rethink wether you really loved her, or why you did.

Lawllerskater

Jan 29, 2010
>Read "we are both picked up by our parents."
>Stop reading.

You're complaining about love when you are young enough to be picked up by a parent from a party. Honestly, you sound like a limp-wristed little person who would allow the majority of attractive girls to walk all over you if they were to present the slightest hint of attraction.

You are too young to understand love, I would believe. That kind of love, the one you're talking about, is mutual. The one that you're experiencing is a material good love. Loving something for its compliance to you, even if it doesn't love you back.

As much as she uses you, you use her just as much back. You use her to feel better about yourself, like you're the White Knight there to let her cry on your shoulder after the big bad Dark Knight messes with her. You want her attention and her approval and will stay by her side at any down moment you can get your hands on, whether she ACTUALLY needs your help or not.

You sulk and pop boners at the thought of this woman--er...girl. She likes other guys. You pretend like its the end of the world because of this, yet you must take on this "burden" of being her friend.

If you were truly her friend, you wouldn't play this waiting game. You wouldn't mix these emotions into the vessel of friendship.

You can't be a best friend and "love" them at the same time. It's selfish and works mainly in the movies.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Lawllerskater said:
>Read "we are both picked up by our parents."
>Stop reading.

You're complaining about love when you are young enough to be picked up by a parent from a party. Honestly, you sound like a limp-wristed little person who would allow the majority of attractive girls to walk all over you if they were to present the slightest hint of attraction.

You are too young to understand love, I would believe. That kind of love, the one you're talking about, is mutual. The one that you're experiencing is a material good love. Loving something for its compliance to you, even if it doesn't love you back.

As much as she uses you, you use her just as much back. You use her to feel better about yourself, like you're the White Knight there to let her cry on your shoulder after the big bad Dark Knight messes with her. You want her attention and her approval and will stay by her side at any down moment you can get your hands on, whether she ACTUALLY needs your help or not.

You sulk and pop boners at the thought of this woman--er...girl. She likes other guys. You pretend like its the end of the world because of this, yet you must take on this "burden" of being her friend.

If you were truly her friend, you wouldn't play this waiting game. You wouldn't mix these emotions into the vessel of friendship.

You can't be a best friend and "love" them at the same time. It's selfish and works mainly in the movies.
If you actually stopped reading at ''we were both picked up by our parents'' I'll say that you have no right to say what you are currently saying as you haven't read the whole story.
If you actually finished reading it, I simply disagree with what you say, and I'll tell you that I never saw being her friend as a burden and never ever forced her to tell me of her problems, she gladly did that herself.

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
After my dad divorced my step mom he looked me in the eye and said "Bitches are bitches." You could be 100% morally right but in the end bitches are bitches, and theyll fuck you over.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
I think the fact that you had to come on here and tell everyone your story means that you have some regrets about doing what you did and are seeking reassurance from others.

I think that is a problem in itself that you need such reassurance after this girl was so horrible to you for so long.

However, I will go ahead and give you my congratulations at your recent shackle breaking, but also say that there was no need to type all that. I think somewhere deep down you know what you did was right even if on the surface you may think it was the wrong thing to do.

ScreamingNinja

Apr 12, 2011
Kakemonster said:
Classic "good boy" scenario. You try to be her friend hoping to become something else, while she just hooks up with one asshole after another. Been there done that.
Because you know that being her friend in the hopes of it turning into something else is totally honest. Amirite?

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
to be honest, the way youve described this girl makes her seem horrible. it leads me to believe that she must be gorgeous. youve described her as an angry user. find someone better... it doesnt sound like it would be that difficult

Red Albatross

Jun 11, 2009
Good on you. Sounds like the @#$% was getting comfortable walking all over you. You can't be a doormat unless you allow yourself to be, it's a good thing that you wised up to it.

Yeah, it sucks to lose someone, but what you should take from this is you gotta look out for yourself first. The concept of selfishness has accumulated such a negative connotation, but there's nothing inherently wrong with being selfish. In fact, it's required for survival.