What do you do for a living?

Jul 28, 2006
Technical Support Engineer (read: phone monkey) for a web hosting/development firm. I also write for a critically-acclaimed video game website, known for its mature, employeed community and for producing the Lester Bangs and Edward R. Murrow of video game journalism.

Bongo Bill

Jul 13, 2006
I'm just a student at this point. Planning to enter a career in programming - hopefully something in games - with maybe a little writing on the side.

onesilverbullet

Aug 23, 2006
I make music for digital gaming, own/run a recording studio, mix/master recordings & play on other's recordings, teach a few private lessons on the side. Of course, I have a few years on some of you young whippersnappers...

Ajar

Aug 21, 2006
I work for a company that produces synthetic rubber in Canada. I'm an engineer-in-training -- I have a degree in chemical engineering, but need more work experience before I can get my professional licence.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
Creative Director and Producer (so if you don't like the visual style, blame me!).

But really I draw stuff. /me points at the forums.

TomBeraha

Jul 25, 2006
Landslide said:
Creative Director and Producer (so if you don't like the visual style, blame me!).

But really I draw stuff. /me points at the forums.
I'm still getting used to the new look, so for now I'm blaming you. :)

I work as a Manager at a Panera Bread in Virginia. I occasionally moonlight as a freelance web coder, but my food service work has been overtaking my web work of late.

Blaxton

Dec 14, 2006
Some say I'm a dreamer.

Also, I love the Portabello and Mozzarella sandwich at Panera so keep up the good work, Tom. I only get to enjoy Panera when I go upstate, so I don't I get to eat there more than a couple times a year. I'm a sad sort, I know, but I really like sandwiches.

As for my actual job... I don't consider my current job a "real" job, it's more of a "barely pay the bills and put off finding a 'real' job" job. When I get one of those "real" jobs I'll brag here instead of ashamedly refusing to say anything specific about what I do. Really, though, I spend most of the time day dreaming about what life is going to be like when one of my websites works out into something more than a drain on my wallet. So, "dreamer", thats what I'm going with.