What do you name your enchanted items?

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
In skyrim I decide to name them after whatever animal comes to mind when I make the weapon. I have an Ebony Sword named "The Owl"

What about you escapist? Any other games work besides skyrim.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
In Skyrim I am naming my enchanted items after my companions or other NPCs I like that have fallen next to me in battle. I honor their memory by doing this.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I have a Daedric Sword called Captain Basch, which I use to testify. "Basch lives, don't listen to Ondore's lies!"

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
When I try to be all serious and in the mood I copypaste the naming habits of unique items in games like Diablo and anything D&D-related with gems like "The Bard's Veil" or "The Silver Edge", but when I'm not doing that I name all my enchanted items after what they do if I were to explain the bare basics of them to someone entirely unfamiliar with the stuff; like the "Grand Staff of Sucking Your Soul Out Your Nostrils" or the "Leather Gloves of Being Better At Making Armour Better".

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
I name it "My Penis." It's a reverse euphemism; that way I can say my penis really IS an enchanted weapon.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Well, when I first got that "old orc" event, I captured his soul. In his memory, I enchanted a skyforge steel sword and called it "The Wrath of Wrothgar". The sword I used for snaring souls was called the Blade of the Reaper. I went through three bows, two shock and one fire. In order, they were Zeus' Lightning Bolt, Odin's Fury and The Judgement of Akatosh. I also used a fire resistant dwarf shield called Dragonscale.

the spud

May 2, 2011
The most immature thing I can come up with at the given time. Works the same way with classes.

I sure hope you like playing with the profile BOoBtiT.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Since my Favorite list is named "Clusterfuck of Epic Messiness", I name by the principle of Form Follows Function. Burning Bow of Burns. Frosty Dagger of Elves. In case I'm feeling adventurous, ~ Shmagger of Shmelves.

EndOfDaWorld

Feb 14, 2009
My only original enchanted weapon was a Falmer Bow I imbued with fire. I called it Bow of the Underneath. I was every uncreative at the time.
I'll prolly think of better ones tonight. Just because my brain likes to do that.....

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Because I hate scrolling through the awful inventory list I always give them the simplest possible name so I could find them without trouble. Meaning, my ring of fire resistance will be named simply "fire" or amulet of extra carrying capacity will be "carry". And I never capitalize the first letter so they would be separated from the items I pick up in the world.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
When Raj was younger, and loved being in thick of combat, i had warhammer.
Called it "Splinter Maw". Was beautiful weapon. Made of finest Orichalcum!
Enchanted with black soul gem for maximum power ((it did not have soul of priest in it, honest))! Each Swing drained enemy health, healing what few wounds they could give me.

Raj wishes he was still able to fight in combat. Splinter Maw sits in one of many display cases, gathering dust. Maybe one day when Raj have son, i teach him to use it.

Mjoll will not be happy about it. Anything other then back rub and sweet rolls make her angry. She wants son to be trader. Live safe life of comfort. Is boring. Raj not was to bore child to death, we just had him! Should teach him to live for himself! May have regrets when he is older, but we all do.

Is unavoidable. Like bad gas after orcish food.

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
It really depends. I usually title them according to what I use it for. For example, my enchanted smithing stuff is simply titled "Smithing ring" and "smithing blacksmith's apron" and "smithing necklace" etc... Or my alchemy equipment: "Alchemy circlet"; "Alchemy gloves"; "alchemy ring"; "Alchemy necklace"... However, I enchanted a set of Daedric armor that reduced the cost of destruction spells by 100%, as well as has a few other effects. I crafted a diamond ring and diamond necklace that goes with the set as well. Although, the helmet, chest piece, ring, and necklace are all needed for the destruction spell cost reduction. In the end it was the most powerful armor I could make at the time, and all I did was add "GODLIKE" to the front of each name. So it looks like: "GODLIKE Daedric Armor"; "GODLIKE Daedric Helmet"; "GODLIKE Daedric Gauntlets"; "GODLIKE Daedric Boots"; "GODLIKE Diamond Necklace"; "GODLIKE Diamond ring." If you wanna know how powerful the armor makes me, lemme put it to you this way... Dragons are no longer a problem whatsoever since I shoot them down with thunderbolt spam right quick, and Giants actually have to put in some effort if they want to hurt me. I have become a magical tank! Although it doesn't protect from magic, though... That's the one downside...

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
After the ponies, of course.

My dwarvern bow is Rainbow dash, The sheild is Applejack, and the blood sucking, poison sword is Fluttershy.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I have an entire "Toe" set
This is an inside joke that sprang from my roomate watching me while at the college of winterhold. I was doing alchemy, and had a bunch of giant toes. He made a remark about how confused the cleaning lady would be when she opened my cabinets and then "FUCKING TOES! Rain from the cabinet"

Now I have the bow of toe, boots that contain giant toes, ring of fucking toes everywhere, etc.
I also have two soul sap knives. The soul stealing stabber, and Soul stealing stabber the second.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Well I played Dark Brotherhood and got the
Blade of Woe
So I only thought it fitting to name my other dagger Blade of Shadow (soul trap).

I like running two daggers, I feel like a female dark elf version of Durzo Blint.

No other enchantments have been made as I don't really need them until I make my mage. The items I got from guild quests seem to be quite good this game. Some drain a little quick but there are a ton of soul gems out there.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
I'm lazy and I want to be able to easily identify them so I name the the fine silver sword (flame/lightning/freeze) whatever.

If I'm feeling silly I might call it "frosty silver carrot" (a sliver dagger with frost damage)
But I want to be able to tell what it is from the name.