what do you think about this game

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
letsnoobtehpwns said:
I think it's a Wolfenstein 3D ripoff. Both games have guns and are in the first person perspective.
You have just won the Internetz, congratulations. You will also receive a plate of chocolate chip cookies, courtesy of Captain Awesome's binary kitchen. Enjoy.

Really though, I think the person who invented the modern FPS can do whatever he wants to without it being a ripoff of anything else. With RAGE you're getting a massive open world sandbox FPS with combat racing and a heavy emphasis on exploration. How massive? Try 1 terabyte in size before compression. Mix in mutants, a healthy amount of guns, a few RPG elements, a little devastation in post apocalyptic southwest USA and gentleman, we have a winner.

SamuelofAwesometon

Jul 20, 2009
ljd184 said:
RAGE heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a--zbG_K9kI&feature=channel_page
to me it looks like a rip off of fallout 3
considering ID's track record on game development they probably started this project before fallout 3 was even an idea, but I could be mistaken, it only took them roughly 10 years to get DOOM 3 out.

geon106

Jul 15, 2009
I'm a ID software fanboy, nuff said :)

I love all their games and i'll try this game as they are yet to release a game that i've not loved.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
BolognaBaloney said:
letsnoobtehpwns said:
I think it's a Wolfenstein 3D ripoff. Both games have guns and are in the first person perspective.
It's also obviously a gran turismo rip-off, because there are cars to drive.
Where is the originality?!
I can't believe no one has tried saying it's a Mad Max rip off. Seriously, Fallout, this game, and everything like it is asking for it!

That aside, I can't make any decisions on it until I actually see more than a couple of minutes gameplay footage, play a demo, and get a copy of the game itself.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Nevyrmoore said:
BolognaBaloney said:
letsnoobtehpwns said:
It's also obviously a gran turismo rip-off, because there are cars to drive.
Where is the originality?!
I can't believe no one has tried saying it's a Mad Max rip off. Seriously, Fallout, this game, and everything like it is asking for it!

That aside, I can't make any decisions on it until I actually see more than a couple of minutes gameplay footage, play a demo, and get a copy of the game itself.
Well firstly, our comments were very facetious, and not to be taken seriously. Secondly, Mad Max was a movie and therefore a game based in a similar setting cannot being "ripping it off." Rather, the similar setting means that the atmosphere was inspired by Mad Max. Of course, seeing as Mad Max is not the only piece of post-apocalyptic media, then it cannot even be said that it is necessarily inspired by Mad Max.

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
It looks more like Fallout than Fallout 3 does in some parts. The people don't have that uncanny valley look to them either.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
BolognaBaloney said:
I wasn't taking it seriously either. Otherwise, we'd all be arguing who's been ripping off who and we'd get nowhere.

Though on the topic of actual rip-offs, I think we can probably all agree Wasteland was the game that did it first. And thankfully, it resulted in another great game inspired from it.

KjellKanon

Aug 6, 2009
When I saw the movie at gametrailers, I instantly thought "wth, Fallout 3 clone!"
It seems like it's alot more FPS oriented than Fallout 3 was though.
Let's wait and see, might be good!

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
ljd184 said:
RAGE heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a--zbG_K9kI&feature=channel_page
to me it looks like a rip off of fallout 3
I'm getting pretty interested in it. I'm also amazed that they've managed to get it running at 60fps on the 360, when it's not even an exclusive. It's the best looking console game I've seen to date.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Hoppetussa said:
It looks good, but EA is involved... I guess I'll just have to wait for the reviews.
Which also means it'll have DRM of some sorts, so I guess there's no point in my bothering even taking note of it anymore.

Zallest

Sep 25, 2008
Clearly this game is composed of Rip offs.. judgeing by the minor gameplay footage lets sum it up...

Obviously a rip off of Doom because it's a First person game with guns which is a rip off of real life where we actually have guns and monsters from hell (Oprah Winfrey is secretly a demon), obviously ripping off of Fallout 3 which is a rip off of Fallout 1 & 2 which is a rip off of Mad Max which I believed coined the Post apocolyptic dystopian future setting. Clearly also a rip off of Pong because it's a game and has graphics.

More seriously i think it looks really neat and i would love to play it when it comes out.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
Zallest said:
Clearly also a rip off of Pong because it's a game and has graphics.
Ah! But there are still debates on what the first ever video game is. Some say it is the "Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device" made in 1947, which was a missile simulator. Others say it is "Spacewar!" made in 1961 by MIT students.

And yet others say I am a great flaming nerd for even bringing that up!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
looks nothing like a fallout ripoff, at least not the 10 seconds of the game they showed us, but the intro seemed allot like it, just brown instead of grey.

if it offers the same dept and story telling as fallout 3 i would say its worth the investment, but i doubt it, very much.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
It looks like it borrowed from all sorts of cult hits especially with that clown head. I cant seem to remember the game it had something to do with ghost serial killers and was an old adventure game. The way it looks kinda like Stalker meets RFG. To me it looks like a frakenstein game of a whole buncha different ideas, scenarieos, and settings from other games that were popular.

mkg

Feb 24, 2009
The vehicle combat looks shitty, of course it's too early to even really tell of course. But I think this will one up Fallout simply because you know id will nail the tight ass FPS controls that Fallout failed to.