What do you think games should have more of?

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Hmmmmm....... boobs, they have a ridiculous amount of violence and gore and never any boobs, mass effect was attacked for the barely sexual scene near the end but no one complains about constant killing etc

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
More silly FPS's instead of the current string of overly serious ones set in Russia or the Middle East. I'd like to see a game where I can ride a bear with a gun that shoots honey to lure my bear into attacking.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Mackheath said:
Originality.

Ha, no-one ninja'd me.
Orig...dang...

I'd say being more realistic (not just the graphics but the tactics, reactions, damage, etc) or more goofy (like Sly Cooper), add more split screen (many of my games are 1-player unless you're online or want to compete so split-screen co-op is what I want), moral choices (w/o the good-bad bars. I mean, real-life doesn't have that...though that would be weird if it did *imagines*...), oh, and this is a big one. I wish scary games were actually...oh, what's the word? Oh, yeah, SCARY!!! Yeah, there's some but most scary games seem to just be regular action games with a horror theme. I want more games which are designed with the main purpose of scaring me.

LoorTheDarkElf

Jun 22, 2008
Let us see... First off, story. I love a game with a great story, but following that I'm so sick of angst and games trying to freakin' hard to be gritty and mature. Games are my not-so-serious time. Can I have some ironic and dark humor? Humor is one of the reasons why Portal made my top game list; sure the gameplay was awesome as well but it was GalDOS's narrirations that were truely the icing on my cake. (Be it a lie or not)

When it comes to sandboxes, I feel they've gotten a little too big. Sure, I love to run about wherever I wish without ANY loading screens (See the Jak and Daxter trilogy) but the second we get to the point of Oblivion where we decided I needed a damn teleport feature to get around, and I can't tell where I am from looking at the world around me, we have a problem.

More sex; and not just boobs. I'm a girl (so shoot me) so I don't got much interest in a nice set of tits bounceing about, but if you had that nice set of tits being fondled by an equally nice lean beefcake, you'd most definately get my vote.

Also, in the case of RPGs that allow full character costomization I ask for a tad bit more freedom. You want me to really get into it, right? Well then will you please give me a few hair styles that are longer than shoulder length, a color wheel so I can decide what's red and what isn't, and for the love of GOD let me pick my own cup size! No, this actually makes me mad, because in most RPGs if you tell it that you're short and skinny they want to give you man-hips and A-cups, and I'm curvy and holding Ds. It ruins my fun when my character may look like me in the face, but not at all in the body.

And... that's all I can think of for the moment. Meow!

10zack986

Dec 5, 2009
InnerRebellion said:
How about frickin' sharks with frickin' lasers attached to their frickin' heads, that'd be pretty sweet.

Oh, my serious answer. Screw "moral" choices, I liked inFamous's karma system, let's improve that and put it in more games.
Infamous's system was WAY too black and white. Riding the middle ground makes you an incredibly weak character, so you have to either save the person, or rape them and feed their bodies to sharks.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
10zack986 said:
InnerRebellion said:
How about frickin' sharks with frickin' lasers attached to their frickin' heads, that'd be pretty sweet.

Oh, my serious answer. Screw "moral" choices, I liked inFamous's karma system, let's improve that and put it in more games.
Infamous's system was WAY too black and white. Riding the middle ground makes you an incredibly weak character, so you have to either save the person, or rape them and feed their bodies to sharks.
That's why I said improve it, buddy. I admit it wasn't perfect, but I liked it a lot.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
More trading engines, city-building elements, and everything else from a genre that all but died in 2004 and ensures my collection of favorite games looks more and more dated with each passing day.

Bring back the hardcore non-violent simulations!

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
I think games should have more price cuts.

It hurts digging so deep into my wallet each time.

Sea Auteur

Jul 3, 2010
Joe Adragna said:
story

people say they want more original ideas but when one comes out no one buys it, but people keep spending money on shooters. why dose the lest original game idea makes the most money.
/Good/ original ideas. If it's good, it'll sell. Maybe not at first, but through word of mouth advertising, it would sell.

The least original ideas sell best because it's been proven to sell over and over. It's the safe bet, and if you can make something that sold before, but upgrade the graphics, or throw in a sprinkle of something slightly new, people will buy it.

Oh, and before someone says "There are no original ideas anymore", I'll settle for older ideas that have since been forgotten and lie in obscurity.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Splitscreen, LAN, health bars, originality, length, surrealism, moddability, consistent controls.

NO, C IS NOT CROUCH YOU DOUCHE. CONTROL IS CROUCH, C IS VOICECHAT OR RADIO COMMANDS, I DON'T REALLY CARE.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
I just realised games need more great, or at least decent characters.

I seriously cannot think of any exceptional characters in games released over the last few years.

Please correct me if im wrong.

Oh yeah and if youve played Deus Ex's The Nameless Mod you'd be wishing everything had melee grabbly things that explode people in one hit, and a PHAT rifle (clue in the name) with a frikken RICE BAG LAUNCHER, and a big sword that sets fire to people.

LoorTheDarkElf said:
More sex; and not just boobs. I'm a girl (so shoot me) so I don't got much interest in a nice set of tits bounceing about, but if you had that nice set of tits being fondled by an equally nice lean beefcake, you'd most definately get my vote.
Wait..what?

....what? I thought everyone wanted brilliantly done romance quests full of depth and meaning and all that sort of thing, without having straight forward...you know...

sdmblack

Apr 18, 2010
same here. non linear, stealth, stop cutting split screen features, and stop it with the 6 hour campaign, then nothing. also, making War for Cybertron's Escalation mode online only, was a deadly sin.

NO FORGIVENESS

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
I'd really like to see more innovation. It's an unfortunate symptom of the industry that old ideas get recycled. :(