What Do You Think Is The Saddest Moment In A Game?

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
All games have awesome moments like when you destroy sovereign in Mass Effect or when Hale gets shot in the head in Resistance 2. But they also have some pretty depressing scenes. So my question is what is the saddest moment you've ever seen in a game.

I know that mine is when you see Old Snake in MGS4 going through what is basically a giant microwave.

Ap07h30515

Mar 5, 2009
*Half-life 2 Episode 2 Spoiler*

When Alyx got stabbed by a hunter. I was surprised at how upset I was.

y8c616

May 14, 2008
ae86gamer said:
All games have awesome moments like when you destroy sovereign in Mass Effect or when Hale gets shot in the head in Resistance 2. But they also have some pretty depressing scenes. So my question is what is the saddest moment you've ever seen in a game.

I know that mine is when you see Old Snake in MGS4 going through what is basically a giant microwave.
That bit in MGS4 is pretty tear jerking stuff;most of the cutscenes towards the end are, especially the very end

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
alwaysrockon said:
duh..when your horse falls of the cliff in shadow of the colousus.
Agreed.

Also, the ending of Twilight Princess really got me for some reason, with Midna breaking the mirror. I've been closer to the Zelda series my whole life, so, it makes sense.

VonSnoggers

Aug 15, 2008
MooseRyder said:
When you press the on button and Wall-E, the game, is in your console.
No no my friend its when you start actually playing Wall-E.
But they might of been tears of agony.

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
When you've gotten really into the story and then the writer decides to suddenly do something really stupid.

The death of the father character and the death of the player character.
Contrived, cliched, pathetic.

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
***********Portal spoiler***************
When I killed GLaDOS.

phar

Jan 29, 2009
Every Zelda game since 64. I always feel pretty sad at the credits. Like all the memories you have, places youve seen and seeing everyone happy at the end.. yepyep

MooseRyder

Dec 16, 2008
The sorrow starts when I turn it on.
After 30 minutes of playing it, it was turned into level for a wobbly chair I had.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
The saddest moment in any game is defiantly
When my dog is shot by Lucien in Fable 2.
This moment literally almost made me cry, yeah I'm not ashamed to admit it. But it all ended up ok in the end.

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
phar said:
Every Zelda game since 64. I always feel pretty sad at the credits. Like all the memories you have, places youve seen and seeing everyone happy at the end.. yepyep
I get that, but usually (if it was a good full game) I just feel satisfied.
On the other hand, if it was too short or the ending sucked I feel cheated.

confernal

Feb 5, 2009
Possible Fable 2 spoiler

When my dog died I was pretty sad until they said screw it and gave me him back for free.... also Barnabe(crazy guy with cameras) was killed which sucked.