What Do You Think Is The Saddest Moment In A Game?

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
TheGreenManalishi said:
The end scene in MGS3 when Snake becomes Big Boss. The betrayal of EVA and his country forcing Big Boss to be disillusioned form everything he'd known, cared about and fought for... it moved me greatly.
*Looks at your avatar, tries to fight the urge*

....."SNAAAAAAKE!!"

----

I'm gonna be cliche and say when the game ends...that is, if it was fun.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
max payne 2. Half of the game. Especialy the ending.

SPOILER
Mass effect. When you convince Saren to kill himself. Then you think wow. SO he IS a good man affter all. And boom zombie he killed himself for nothing.

the_casual

Mar 6, 2009
alwaysrockon said:
duh..when your horse falls of the cliff in shadow of the colousus.
without a doubt. that horse got me out of some pretty sticky situations and i was gutted when he fell, hooves desperately scrambling at the cliff edge.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Several moments in Mother 3.

Flint's breakdown at Hinawa's death.
All of chapter 6. The flower field. If you've seen it, you'll know
And, of course,
The final battle

I could elaborate, but I'd be here all day.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
confernal said:
Possible Fable 2 spoiler

When my dog died I was pretty sad until they said screw it and gave me him back for free.... also Barnabe(crazy guy with cameras) was killed which sucked.
yea why did he have to die!!!

Aramax

Sep 27, 2007
The saddest moment in a video game for me would be "Phoenix wright: Justice for all" the end of the 3rd case. I dont know if it's because I was tired or something (I usually dont cry because of video games. I just shed a single tear on that sad part with Aeris in FF7) but it just kinda hit a bullseye right on that sweet spot inside of me.

MrShrike

Oct 27, 2008
Have to be the Dogs death in Fable 2.
I had grown to love that dog, and chose to sacrifice my chance of seeing him again to bring everyone else back. After that i changed my alligiance around to that of ultimate good to make sure that choice wasnt in vain.

I still play the Stones "dead flowers" by his tombstone...

JemJar

Feb 17, 2009
This thread.

It's very sad that people either aren't using spoilers or are simply leaving them labelled "spoiler" so you have to read them to know which game you're spoiling.

Pandora's Anarchy

Feb 3, 2009
saddest moment in a game would proberly be tied with: the start of homeworld 1, when you retern back home to find it destroyed and the ending to 1213

Incompl te

Dec 13, 2008
End of animal crossing

Why? BECAUSE THERE IS NONE!!!

but on topic

Both Kingdom Hearts. I cried

And Mirrors Edge. I cried again

Oct 28, 2008
caelanarcher said:
Beyond Good & Evil, when Jade goes back to the house after the children have been taken, and does her little speech to Woof. Gets me every time.
Yep, me too:/

Nr 2) In Psychonauts, in the Mind of the Mental Minx, Milla Vodello...this really made me tear up a bit

in the flipper-like dome, somewhere in the wall is a little doorway leading you to a small room. There you find some emotional baggage, a vault and a strange chest.
what do you find in there?
-a piece of personal hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNYV4SjmMk&feature=PlayList&p=8C5EE5D79C97CC60&index=7

the last thing you hear when you got out of it...
the voice of a little girl whispering"I'ts so hot...Im burning"

The's so special about games like psychonauts. All the characters are fleshed out with a rich backstory you just have to discover.
In this case when you meet Milla, you would never expect such a thing having happened, but it explains a lot. arrgh and this is in a little room in the wall of a giant complex of domes, disco lights and mental images...its so easy to miss it!

Rassan

Feb 21, 2009
When a badass character dies in the game, makes you want to kick the baddy's ass even harder. Mostly for the lack of remembering of feeling sad in a game. Oh wait... Carmine in Gears 2-- WHY?! Not again!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I felt the same way. I hated having the game end since it was so awesome. Same with Kingdom Hearts 2 as well.

TerraRising

Jun 7, 2008
I;ll give two:

1) The moment where Aeris is killed by Sephiroth in FF7, because it such a surprise and I loved her White Wind special.

2) The "A" ending in Dead Rising. Surviving all that crap only to die anyways. I cried at the futility of it and the wasting of $60.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
When a senior poster who should know better; joins a post and says nothing that is on topic nor constructive, despite the recent posts asking senior members to be kinder and more helpful to newer members.

Maybe the post has been done already, but from what I have seen, everyone else is happy enough to discuss it anyway. Yet you are the one actually dragging the thread off topic:

Aries_Split said:
ae86gamer said:
All games have awesome moments like when you destroy sovereign in Mass Effect or when Hale gets shot in the head in Resistance 2. But they also have some pretty depressing scenes. So my question is what is the saddest moment you've ever seen in a game.

I know that mine is when you see Old Snake in MGS4 going through what is basically a giant microwave.
When the new users don't use the search button, or even have the thought that a thread about video game moments hasn't already happened in a forum over 2 years old.

Oh, wait.
MooseRyder said:
When you press the on button and Wall-E, the game, is in your console.
I chuckled.

In my case games don't usually have much of an impact on me compared to movies. The Hunter/Alyx part and the end of HL2 Ep 2 would probably be the saddest I can think of though.

manicfoot

Apr 16, 2008
Valkyria Chronicles has many sad moments... One that particularly stood out was when Welkin and Alicia are sleeping in this wooden hut in the woods and an enemy soldier walks in. He walks towards them and then collapses because he has a massive wound in his back. Eventhough he's 'the enemy' Welkin and Alicia try their best to treat him. He cries out for his mother. Alicia grabs his hand, runs his fingers through his hair and says "its okay.. Mother is here. Don't be afraid. Everything will be alright..." and then he dies :(

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
The part where it ends or when your favorite NPC companion dies in a cutscene & can't be revived.