What Do You Think Is The Saddest Moment In A Game?

Low Frost

Nov 6, 2008
letsnoobtehpwns said:
I'm not a heartless asshole but is it really that sad to see a videogame character die? I guess I just have no emotions in games, Dead Space and Doom 3 didn't scare me at all, I laugh whenever someone dies and I just don't care about the characters in games. I was disappointed when Sniper Wolf and Psycho Mantis died in Metal Gear Solid, but I didn't come close to crying and I forgot about both of them 5 minutes later.
Then you are an internet tuff guy or a sociopath. Pick your poison.
alwaysrockon said:
duh..when your horse falls of the cliff in shadow of the colousus.
This, or when Shu sends Kiba off to die in a diversion in Suikoden 2. Manly tears. MGS4 would of reigned if Snake had ate his gun.

Daniosislestat

Mar 4, 2009
well my major ones are (in no particular order):

Ending of MGS4 as has been aforementioned with snake in the corridor (and most of the scenes after that)

Aries' death in FF7 (okay say what you will, i was in tears!)

When Dom finds his wife in GoW2

-Danny-

commit97

Mar 11, 2009
The ending of MGS4 and MGS3 were both awesome, two great and brillantly written characters resiging themselves to death.

FF7 goes without saying.

Suprising, Lady's reaction to Arkham's death in DMC3 definetely effected me, to see some (what passes for me as) real, human feelings in such as violent game. But then, the bad ending in Abe's Odyssey was sad, to see that much hard work, literally, go down the drain.

Daniosislestat

Mar 4, 2009
lol the abes odyssey ending is quite true, and thinking back, about the DMC3 reference it is indeed sad, on another DMC note, in DMC4 when 'his holiness' is carying Kyrie away and Nero has to fight his way towards her, then jumps, only to fall down screaming her name with her necklace in his hands, really jerked me, especially coupled with the music on the beggining video (Jason "shyboy" Arnold - never surrender for those who want to know)

-Danny-

Redfield2701

Mar 11, 2009
Final Fantasy 7!!!!!
No question about it. When that asshole sephiroth kills Aries I was chocked up for days.

klarr

Mar 9, 2009
umm to me its gotta be when you find out that james killed mary in silent hill 2.
blew me away.

klarr

Mar 9, 2009
she will eventualy go into rampancy and i think she will eventualy achive true being. if you dont know look it up its the 4th or 5th stage in AI. its never been reached before.

Are.Oh.Why

Apr 30, 2008
Daniosislestat said:
well my major ones are (in no particular order):

Ending of MGS4 as has been aforementioned with snake in the corridor (and most of the scenes after that)

Aries' death in FF7 (okay say what you will, i was in tears!)

When Dom finds his wife in GoW2

-Danny-
Aw dude, when Dom found Maria that was so messed up!!! Me and my roommate just watched and were like "No Freakin way man" good call

klarr

Mar 9, 2009
IsoNeko said:
KeithA45 said:
IsoNeko said:
KeithA45 said:
IsoNeko said:
Wake me...When you need me.
That's not sad it's just kinda... I don't really know. Epic, but in the silent kind of way. It's sad to know Cortana's going to be all alone for several years
Thats the sad part. She won't ever wake him. She's going to die soon. Her matrices only allow her a 7 year life span, before she literally thinks herself to death. By the time he wakes, she won't be there.
I always assumed the Cortana was some sort of exception for whatever reason. Plus I think if the creators were going for that, they'd have brought it up somehow in the dialogue.

Still very, very sad.
I suppose it's more of an afterthought to most people, but when you sit down and think about it. You realise just how sad it is. That's why after he says that line, she reaches out to him, then she holds back. Not wanting to tell him that she'll be dead soon.

It's known she was in operation before 2550, 3 years before Reach, and 4 years before Halo 3. Who knows how long she's been in operation. She could have been in operation since 2547. Meaning she could die at any moment.
sorry i forgot to quote. im a newbie but i think she will obtain a true being and that will happen after she hits rampancy. look it up i think its stage 4 or 5 in AI aging. but the last stage has never been hit before.

JoeKickAzz

Feb 22, 2009
*****SPOILER ALERT******

when Nikos cousin got shot at his wedding.

or

when the dog dies in Fable 2

or

When Dom had to shoot his dying wife

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Ap07h30515 said:
*Half-life 2 Episode 2 Spoiler*

When Alyx got stabbed by a hunter. I was surprised at how upset I was.
Yeah, me too.

I think for me, it's Metal Gear Solid (Old school, huh?) where Sniper Wolf dies at Otocan's feet.

Then again, I've got this wolf obsession so...

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
When those massive 4 disc games finally come to an end and you think "Well wtf do I do now!?"

lanydx

Feb 7, 2009
Mine would be in Kingdom Hearts 2. Axel blew himself so Sora could get to Kiari. RIP Axel. sniff.

FinalValkyrie

Mar 11, 2009
/incomingfanboy

Aeris dying in FF7. Shut up. Honestly the music got me more than her actually dying.

/outgoingfanyboy

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
dr iggy houdini said:
chuckman1 said:
Will people please start using
spoiler boxes
Many games have been ruined for me in the last few moments.
Mine would have to be
MGS4 when
Snake dies.
i pretty sure not many people know how to use them considering there is no tutorial so its quite ignorant of you to expect that everyone should use them
You didn't see Forum Posting Guidelines at the top of the page?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.84119