What do you think is the worst gaming website community?

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Gamespot is pretty damn awful. Seems every response to a preview is some troll offing such wonderful advice like "this looks gay" or "that looks gay" or even "wow, how gay".

That why I love the Escapist forums. And I was never really a "forum" guy but the moderators here keep things from turning into a flame war unlike most sites. We still have those annoying "Why all the Halo hate?" forum post though.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Gamespot and Gametrailers both seem to share about as much idicoy as each other.

I have to visit GT because they secured ScrewAttack though. Those cunning people know how to make people go to their shit website.

Gamespot I've ignored for years.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Citrus Insanity said:
The Steam Forums.

Full of twats writing essays about how Valve sucks, or about changes Valve needs to make to their games, or about how Valve has been going downhill, or how Valve ruined a game with a recent update, etc. Basically, the whiniest, most self-important users you can think of. It's sad that such a great developer has to put up with the ridiculous self-entitlement of its fanbase.
This as well.

It blows my mind how people can't just sit back and appreciate what a developer is doing. It's a mentality that I will never understand.

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
Citrus Insanity said:
The Steam Forums.

Full of twats writing essays about how Valve sucks, or about changes Valve needs to make to their games, or about how Valve has been going downhill, or how Valve ruined a game with a recent update, etc. Basically, the whiniest, most self-important users you can think of. It's sad that such a great developer has to put up with the ridiculous self-entitlement of its fanbase.
steam forums are pretty bad. i had a problem with my friends tf2 that was fixed by a simple verify game cache integrity but they insisted that it was a problem with his ram and computer even though he had 4gigs of ram. one of the reasons i no longer go there.(plus they think steam accounts are difficult to hijack which they arent)

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
I gotta choose Gametrailers. Can't check out single video without a post along the lines of, "Wow, this game is for faggots."

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Youtube. You would not beleive the fanboys their. It makes gametrailers look like the escapist.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
myg0t is probably the worst. While the community is (finally) dead, they were the harbor for everything hack related, and it sucked.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Gamefaqs. Don't get me wrong, there are certain boards that are alright, but the board of every mainstream game is infested with flame wars and meme posts.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
The Escapist seeing as it is the only one I go on.

And it's actually very good.
[sup]<_<[/sup]
[sup]>_>[/sup]
[sup]95% of the time...[/sup]

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Id say IGN Gametrailers and Wow-eu.com
IGN: Fanboys
Gametrailers: Fanboys
Wow-eu.com: 12 year old boys
See what i did there?

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Zeetchmen said:
WoW Fourms

Tons of QQ, tounge-bathing of Blizzard, and vague blue posts
Thread's over, folks! Move along, nothing to see here!

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
The Escapist is the only one I visit, so it's my worst as well as best site in regards to the commiunity. Yay.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
No mutants.

Okay, if you agree that Fallout 1 + 2 was good. But god have sweet mercy if you dare say anything good for fallout 3, or anything bad against their beloved games.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
It's not a forum, but Youtube's comments are probably the dumbest things I've seen on the Internet.