What do you think is the worst gaming website community?

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
quack35 said:
The Escapist, it's so full of trolls and fanboys...
That, and it seems that everyone shares one opinion about everything. Apart from the trolls and fanboys, of course.

Not that this website is bad. It's one of my favorites, but you're right about the trolls and such.

OT: Gametrailers. Pretty much for the same reasons everyone else hates them.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
4chan

/thread

EDIT: It had a game section last time I checked
This was my first thought, and yes, it does... but games come up all over that place, sometimes in the most unnatural of topics.

<.<

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Plain and simple, there's something about video games that brings out the morons and spoiled children. You want intelligent discussion, go find yourself a classical music forum.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
GameFAQs, I couldn't have one grown up conversation about the PSP when it was coming out, it'd ALWAYS turned into a flamewar.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Between GameTrailers, GameFAQS, Gamespot and the WoW forums....

They are all really really bad.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Zeetchmen said:
WoW Fourms

Tons of QQ, tounge-bathing of Blizzard, and vague blue posts
Elitist Jerks is an WoW forum and in my opinion it is better than this forum which is also very good.

GameTrailers sucks hard but I'm not on many gaming websites so I don't know many.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Hybridwolf said:
No mutants.

Okay, if you agree that Fallout 1 + 2 was good. But god have sweet mercy if you dare say anything good for fallout 3, or anything bad against their beloved games.
Or identify Fallout Tactics by its subtitle (Brotherhood of Steel), I dare you.

But yeah, NMA may be Fallout only but oh god is it a mess.

I kind of wonder if Fallout 3 has expanded their hatred to everything Bethesda, but I'm not masochistic enough to go check.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
I haven't joined a whole lot of gaming forums but GameSpot/GameFAQs can be a little ridiculous sometimes as far as the community goes.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
RAND00M said:
Gamesradar.It has nothing but fanboys and trolls that go "first".
Well I will admit that Gamesradar has a problem with people saying first on all their articles but it is actually a decent site. The editors make enjoyable articles and its fun to check out their top 7 each week. However I guess I really can't say too much about it because I have never browsed their forums so you might be right.

On topic though, I haven't actually browsed many forums except for The Escapist so I couldn't tell which one was the worst from a list. I will say however, that Youtube is quite bad because most people don't even bother to spell out words correctly and has the largest amount of spammers on any site. However when their is almost the entire popluation of the world browsing one site, you're probabaly going to find quite a bit of people who are not right in the head even if there is some people who are actually use their brain and not abuse it.

Ps: Sorry about the wall of text.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Polarix said:
RAND00M said:
Gamesradar.It has nothing but fanboys and trolls that go "first".
Well I will admit that Gamesradar has a problem with people saying first on all their articles but it is actually a decent site. The editors make enjoyable articles and its fun to check out their top 7 each week. However I guess I really can't say too much about it because I have never browsed their forums so you might be right.

On topic though, I haven't actually browsed many forums except for The Escapist so I couldn't tell which one was the worst from a list. I will say however, that Youtube is quite bad because most people don't even bother to spell out words correctly and has the largest amount of spammers on any site. However when their is almost the entire popluation of the world browsing one site, you're probabaly going to find quite a bit of people who are not right in the head even if there is some people who are actually use their brain and not abuse it.

Ps: Sorry about the wall of text.
The site is good and the editors are great writers.But the community it self is horrible.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
This place is going downhil pretty fast tbh but that said youtube is the biggest pile of turd ever.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
I actually like Gamespot/GameFAQS. I sort of alternate between here and there.

IGN is the worst because no one seems to know proper grammar, they don't listen to reason, and they're flat-out annoying.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
The Escapist, I mean... what kind of name is it?

Escape... escaping... we're still here... Geeze whatever man I'm going back to 4chan.

But really, I think it's entirely up to the individual's choice on their association with the community. If a person enjoys intelligent and prententious conversations, here is where you would go. If the person likes one worded posts, spamming and grating their eyeballs against a kitchen knife than go MMO forums.