What do you think is the worst gaming website community?

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Zeetchmen said:
WoW Fourms

Tons of QQ, tounge-bathing of Blizzard, and vague blue posts
Definitely.

The official WoW forums are pretty much where intelligent discussions go to die. Every other thread is someone crying that something is either over or underpowered. The rest are asking why the developers don't listen to the community, when it's blatantly obvious that half the changes that are made come straight from the Elitist Jerks or Arena Junkies communities. This isn't even counting the hundreds if not thousands of troll posts made every single day. The worst part is that Blizzard doesn't seem to care, and their forum rules are far too lenient.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
SimuLord said:
Plain and simple, there's something about video games that brings out the morons and spoiled children. You want intelligent discussion, go find yourself a classical music forum.
I just like to imagine there actually being trolls on a Classical Music forum.

Troll: Bethovn is for faggs, Haydn is for real men!
Other: This is a rather immature post, and while I do enjoy Haydn, Beetoven is not necessarily 'for fags'.
Troll: Shut the fuck up, fanboy! Haydn fuckin taught Beetovin, biotch! That means hes better! Cry some more, fanboy!

EDIT: Pardon my language, it's part of the joke.
And on topic, this is my only forum with which I have experience.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Polarix said:
RAND00M said:
Gamesradar.It has nothing but fanboys and trolls that go "first".
Well I will admit that Gamesradar has a problem with people saying first on all their articles but it is actually a decent site. The editors make enjoyable articles and its fun to check out their top 7 each week. However I guess I really can't say too much about it because I have never browsed their forums so you might be right.
Gamesradar's forums are awful. Their forum engine is horribly outdated, there's barely any intelligent conversation going on (they even have a spam board, and it doesn't help), and the admins are gone almost all the time. It's a joke, really.

Although there are a couple posters on there who I know to be respectable.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
Furburt said:
I know that it's not a gaming forum, but the comments on Youtube are the lowest of the low. Heres one 'halo is dumn cos itsux cos every1 who plays it liks the cok' In the old days those people would be put into the Bedlam and gawked at.
wrecker77 said:
Youtube. You would not beleive the fanboys their. It makes gametrailers look like the escapist.
Yeah, youtube is a lot more widespread though... It's basically anyone with a decent internet commenting.

For mine, I really have no idea what to pick. All of the forums I've actively used over the years (which isn't many) have been great. The Escapist forums take the cake though.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
gamespot-for banning me
g4tv.com-put me on a temp banned

both of those sites are full of self-important assholes

I'm never going back to gamespot and I might go back to g4tv.com
This same exact thing happened to me, and I had yet to make a single post...
I Say Gamespot...
(The Escapist is cool, even the Grammar Nazis)

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Poopie McGhee said:
(Self-Snip)
I've seen worst on G4tv.com but yet they never get banned or get temp banned

But yet I who's been a member for 6 years gets temp banned because someone accused me being a "bisexual furry troll terrorist"

First of all I'm not Bisexual and nor I am a terrorist or a trol

I could be consider a furry at times.
Is That really why you got banned?
Gamespot said, "moderators discretion" to which I sent a message asking what that means and never got a response...
What does that mean?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
DrDeath3191 said:
SimuLord said:
Plain and simple, there's something about video games that brings out the morons and spoiled children. You want intelligent discussion, go find yourself a classical music forum.
I just like to imagine there actually being trolls on a Classical Music forum.

Troll: Bethovn is for faggs, Haydn is for real men!
Other: This is a rather immature post, and while I do enjoy Haydn, Beetoven is not necessarily 'for fags'.
Troll: Shut the fuck up, fanboy! Haydn fuckin taught Beetovin, biotch! That means hes better! Cry some more, fanboy!

EDIT: Pardon my language, it's part of the joke.
And on topic, this is my only forum with which I have experience.
Shut up, troll! Johann Strauss Jr. would kick Haydn's ass and he'd do it in perfect 3/4 time! (wow...what a mental image.)

Omni-Bot

Jul 5, 2009
Gametrailers is pretty bad, but I like the site for the variety of content and the subforums. They could probably fix things by just having a strict banning policy for anyone making hateful posts or comments.

I have to say The Escapist has the best forum by far; everyone is generally respectful, and they follow the rules of both the site and the english language. I love it.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
delta4062 said:
Poopie McGhee said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Poopie McGhee said:
(Self-Snip)
(Snip.)
Is That really why you got banned?
Gamespot said, "moderators discretion" to which I sent a message asking what that means and never got a response...
What does that mean?
No idea, I got banned from Gamespot once for saying Link should have a Voice Actor.
I WISH I was joking.
That's Terrible... They should all be buried alive, those f... I'm going to stop myself...

[gc]

Oct 11, 2009
neogaf (actually I don't go there)

/v/ has its moments, but 99% of the time it's terrible.

GameFAQs is pretty terrible, but I'd say some boards are more civil than others. Depends where you go.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
[HEADING=3]4Chan[/HEADING]
Just evil incarnate. All other forums are less evil and more tame by comparison.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Poopie McGhee said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Poopie McGhee said:
(Self-Snip)
snip
snip
yup that's what got me a temp banned on g4tv.com

as for gamespot forums I put "cumming" instead of "coming" because some making sexual jokes on brawl forums and I joined in.
That's like when cops stop you for speeding when you're in a group of people going the same speed...
Or when you're at a party and the cops arrest you for being there (when clearly everyone else is there too)...
It's stupidity