What do you think of Anarchy Reigns?

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
FFP2 said:
It's an incredible game. And the music is great, plus it's only 30$. It's not your traditional fighter though, but I will leave you with this:

Damn you beat me to it. Glad to see Pat win a brawl for once though.

But yea it's replaced minecraft for me. Let's just leave it at that.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Damn you beat me to it. Glad to see Pat win a brawl for once though.
And the best part is that he called it from the beginning

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
TrevHead said:
The lack of activity in this thread is disapointing, needs more awesomeness.

pinched from Neogaf
OMG I fought those things tonight! Takes me back to Killer 7/God Hand/and, of course, Viewtiful Joe.

Does anybody know rather you have to play competitive matches instead of also survival for that no damage emblem?

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
alphamalet said:
TehCookie said:
In other words yes. Platinum always makes the best action games and aren't afraid to try something new and experiment. People always complain about a stagnate industry but don't pay attention to awesome games like these. Platinum really needs some marketing so more people can hear about how awesome games. Now excuse me as I wash this salty taste from my mouth.
This is just too true. It's such a shame because other than Bayonetta, I don't think Platinum Games has gotten the recognition they deserve. They have made some of the most unique and awesome games to grace this generation, with high-profile developers at the helm. Shinji Mikami (creator of Resident Evil) made Vanquish, one of the best third person shooters of the generation. Hideki Kamiya (director of Resident Evil 2/creator of Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry) made Bayonetta which IMO is easily one of the best action games ever made. Not to mention MadWorld and now Anarchy Reigns. With the games they've made, and the names that have made them, its incredible that they don't get the attention they deserve. I'm hoping that Metal Gear Rising might help put them on the map, that is if MGS fan don't throw a fit.
They have another game coming out soon, The Wonderful 101. It's a WiiU game about controlling a massive group of heroes in an attempt to save it from an alien invasion...or something. I didn't look too far into it because I don't have a WiiU, but I don't see anyone else talking about it either.
It's a Hideki Kamiya game, and its one of the main reason I got a Wii U. Can't wait!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
BBboy20 said:
TrevHead said:

pinched from Neogaf
OMG I fought those things tonight! Takes me back to Killer 7/God Hand/and, of course, Viewtiful Joe.

Does anybody know rather you have to play competitive matches instead of also survival for that no damage emblem?
Speaking of God Hand, put Max in his black outfit. His trenchcoat gets chains on it, just like Gene's.

And yeah, it to be competitive. It's probably the picture of a chicken head or something, since you'd have to go hide in a corner to get it.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
TrevHead said:

pinched from Neogaf
WHSLFJKSFJEDMJGCNDFDJGFEMKFJD WHEN DOES THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?! I've seen a full playthrough of the game but I'm buying it anyway, but I don't remember that!

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
I've been playing this game and losing sleep over it. "Just one more match," and all of that until 3 in the morning.

One thing I noticed is that no one has mentioned the soundtrack to this game (apologies if you did and I glossed over it). Usually in a game I may be lucky to find one song that just puts me into that kind of "gamer zen" mode where everything seems to move with the music, whereas the rest of the time the music is just there, just to give atmosphere but little else. This game however, nearly every song just perfectly amplifies the bombast of this game perfectly. I swear every single time "My Pride" starts in a multiplayer match, I become 200% better at the game.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Posted already but I have played it for a lot longer now and am just about to finish the second side (Finished Black side now on White). All I can say is this game is brilliant I really wasnt sure whether to buy it or not but I absolutely love every second of it, most games I get bored of after a few hours and have to take a break but I can get enough of this.

I may have to go back and finish Madworld I loved the characters art style and commentary in that game but the gameplay left me cold and it got old fast. Anarchy Reigns feels like a spiritual successor only its much better I do miss the Madworld commentary, that was awesome.

Still havent tried online yet but will give it a go later atm I am still loving single player surprisingly and here was me thinking it would get old fast.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
ProtoChimp said:
TrevHead said:

pinched from Neogaf
WHSLFJKSFJEDMJGCNDFDJGFEMKFJD WHEN DOES THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?! I've seen a full playthrough of the game but I'm buying it anyway, but I don't remember that!
They're the boss of the Jinlong Square stage of Survival.

Never, ever, EVER play the Subway stage in Survival. Bar-Bot will fuck you up. He turns the game from Anarchy Reigns into Touhou.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Kopikatsu said:

Never, ever, EVER play the Subway stage in Survival. Bar-Bot will fuck you up. He turns the game from Anarchy Reigns into Touhou.
What's Touhou? Also bar bot? Fucking serious? Does he suddenly turn into Cybrid Joe crossed with Zero?

Oh one thing, maybe its taught in the tutorial but from the footage I've seen does Zero have a really cheap attack where he can always break his opponents combo and teleport above them to do a small AoE attack?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
ProtoChimp said:
Kopikatsu said:

What's Touhou? Also bar bot? Fucking serious? Does he suddenly turn into Cybrid Joe crossed with Zero?

Oh one thing, maybe its taught in the tutorial but from the footage I've seen does Zero have a really cheap attack where he can always break his opponents combo and teleport above them to do a small AoE attack?
That's Zero's Spin Attack. Everyone has one, but they all look different. Spin attacks cost health to use, and once you start to learn the game, you can easily block/dodge/counter them and then hit them with a HKW attack while they're still caught in the animation.

As for Bar Bot...Touhou is this:

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
That's Zero's Spin Attack. Everyone has one, but they all look different. Spin attacks cost health to use, and once you start to learn the game, you can easily block/dodge/counter them and then hit them with a HKW attack while they're still caught in the animation.

As for Bar Bot...Touhou is this:

What is HKW? also the link doesn't work.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
if you miss Dreamcast style games (gameplay wise NOT GRAPHICS) then yeah this game is the shit! :D
if you're into the new competitive style games (CoD, AC, BF3, etc.) I doubt you'll like it

all in all I suggest you get it for a mere $30 its well worth it ;)

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
ProtoChimp said:
What is HKW? also the link doesn't work.
Heavy Killer Weapon. Takes half of your Weapon Gauge if you're level 1 (You usually will be), and it does a bit more than half of the other person's health bar (also at level 1). Getting two kills in a row brings you to level 2, and five in a row gets you level 3. About half the modes don't use levels though, so you're stuck at level 1. Takes a little bit to charge most of them though, so you're better of waiting for the enemy to be preoccupied or stunned before trying to hit them with one.

Eh, I'll just get Youtube then.

Also, you're on a strict time limit to beat Bar Bot as well. And all of his attacks while he's around 20-25% health or less will one shot you. I've only beaten him twice out of...many attempts.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Snipper snappper
Thanks for all the answers. The game seems to have an over-abundance of attack rules, then again isn't every fighting game like that?

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
ProtoChimp said:
Kopikatsu said:
Snipper snappper
Thanks for all the answers. The game seems to have an over-abundance of attack rules, then again isn't every fighting game like that?
What do you mean by attack rules?
Like only certain blocks block certain attacks and some attacks can be broken through attacks while others can attack while being attacked and some attacks make dodges useless and now I've gone cross eyed.

May 28, 2009
Played the campaign and love the multiplayer, it is uber violent with out taking things too seriously. It is fun entertain and not to mention cheaper than most games being released atm (i got mine for £20).

Campaign is fun and gets you very used to the controls and techniques that come into their own in the multiplayer. Which are pretty much the same for everyone. So it is one of those fighting games where character differences come from how they move and fight.

Multiplayer has coop and versus modes and the sound track is awesome.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Nautical Honors Society said:
Should I shell out the $30?
It's worth the $30. It has issues. The camera is twitchy, the targeting system is less reliable than it should be, and the difficulty dips and spikes wildly from one mission to the next. On hard mode, the game boarders on broken just because of how much grotesquely more powerful the bosses are than you. The game is also relatively short if you only want to play it through once.

The combat also suffers from fighting-game flow.. which is not to surprising since the heart of the game is the multiplayer.

I feel this game was Platinum testing some ideas. Some worked, some didn't. It's definitely worth the $30 it costs and I hope people support it on the slim hope we may see the characters and ideas that show up in this game turn up in a more fleshed out experience.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Apart from playing Battle Royal I had a quick game of Max Survival mode, damn those NPCs don't mess around, much harder than the boss fights in the campaign.

I agree on the twitchy camera as it adds to the disorientation when alot of ppl are fighting in one area and it becomes a mosh pit. Thankfully it's rare that happens as the large stages tend to spread the players around. Does anyone know what exactly can be adjusted in the options menu? From the description it appears to be the camera but it doesn't have any effect. (nvm it is the camera, plus the aiming camera)