What do you think of Australia?

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
SirDeadly said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned our messed up national sport yet! Fremantle is the best by the way!
ooooaye Fremantle hey?

Well as a card carrying member of the Banana Republic I'm afraid I'll have to disagree and say GO THE LIONS!!!!!!!!! Should be much easier to say go the Lions this season since pissing off Brendon Frevola.

Anyway back to thread whats not to like about Australia. We got great food, awesome wine, wierd animals and plants and great views. Sure half the animals are poisonous and at least on fifth of the Population are a bunch of rascist drongos but those bad things are just background noise compared to our awesomeness.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Mr.Numbers said:
Brisbane is great. Booming iPhone industry, Yahtzee, Steam punk and Anime fests, Yahtzee, excellent non crowded beaches, Yahtzee, Brilliant fishing, Ben Yahtzee Croshaw and, of course, Pandemic studios, former creators of the DaH series.
Wo WO WO. We do steampunk fests now? When did this happen and why wasn't I told?

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Adam28 said:
I keep seeing top places to live in the world reports, and Australia always seems to have cities very high up on that list. Don't know much about Australia, but it seems like it is probably a lot nicer to live there than in merry old England.
Great places to live but also very expensive especially Sydney or at least so I'm told.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
Descendants of criminals from England
Live in the most dangerous place on Earth
The song "Land Down Under" kicks ass

Overall I like Australia. I do think they need to kill as many deadly creatures as they possibly can. They do need to stop banning games, too. Seriously, you step outside and get mauled by 5 snakes a kangaroo and have scorpions crawling in your hair, but if you play a violent video game "Oh Lordy! That's dangerous!"

I woulda thought either:

A: Australians are so badass because of their environment that they spit in the face of violent games

B: They encourage people to stay in and play video games because it seems like 90% of the most dangerous animals on Earth all live right outside your bloody door.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Haydyn said:
I woulda thought either:

A: Australians are so badass because of their environment that they spit in the face of violent games

B: They encourage people to stay in and play video games because it seems like 90% of the most dangerous animals on Earth all live right outside your bloody door.
Actually what we really need is a first person shooter to help people train against the onslaught of Drop Bears, Hoop Snakes and White Pointers.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Haydyn said:
Descendants of criminals from England
Live in the most dangerous place on Earth
The song "Land Down Under" kicks ass

Overall I like Australia. I do think they need to kill as many deadly creatures as they possibly can. They do need to stop banning games, too. Seriously, you step outside and get mauled by 5 snakes a kangaroo and have scorpions crawling in your hair, but if you play a violent video game "Oh Lordy! That's dangerous!"

I woulda thought either:

Australia is also made up by a very large amount of immigrants not from England. Also don't forget about the Indigenous Australians.

Oh and about the government, it's because they are all of those dangerous animals you've heard of in disguise. They ban violent video games in hopes of making us squemish and weak...that's when they attack.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
I've never been, but it must be a pretty awesome place to have given the world such awesome people as Hugh Wolverine Jackman, and the Sniper from TF2. (Yeah, he's real)

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
SirDeadly said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned our messed up national sport yet! Fremantle is the best by the way!
Because sport sucks! :)

I don't mind it; some of the people annoy me, the government is annoying and well ever politician IN the government is just plain stupid.
But I cant really think of a better place to live all-in-all

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
well Im a kiwi and I moved here to Sydney when I was 13 (im 16 turning 17 now). I have to say, I Love it here. Sure, the weather is a bit of a mark up compared to me ol' origin, but stuff such as wages (I work at Mcdonalds for $10 an hour, when my brother worked at a supermarket around the same age for $7 an hour), availablity of shit compared to NZ's small market, and the girls... Ah...

Where was I going with this? Oh, right... I love it here.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Australia. Generally pretty cool people. Government seems pretty knee-jerky and on the "won't somebody think of the children!" side of conservative, which is unfortunate. Also there's the racism thing, which, eeerh... bit awkward but not as bad as it is in other places.

But those few spots aside, a net positive. Plus your women are smokin', which is nice.

kmw_88

Nov 4, 2010
knight steel said:
I love Australia and have huge national pride for where i live ^_^. Although we have experienced some heavy natural disasters,but thats nothing compared to the 5 great drop bear wars.

Ahhhh the drop bear wars. I've lived through 3. Dangerous times.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Maybe if the Australians, as a nation, apologised for the underarm incident of '81, I might think better of Australia than I do right now.