What do you think of Disneyland and Disney World?

CaptJohnSheridan

May 21, 2016
What do you think of Disneyland and Disney World? Are they overpriced? Or are they worth it?

Would you recommend a Disney vacation?

That Mission Space ride looks cool!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Uhhh I went to Disney World when I was like 8 or 9 and had fun. I imagine there isn't a kid on Earth who wouldn't have fun there at that age. I don't know about revisiting as an adult. I guess my parents were having fun too.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
On a personal level? No. I'm mostly just interested in the thrill rides, but that's not something I can't get at other places, several of which are cheaper and are closer to home.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
I enjoy Disneyland quite a bit (want to visit World when I get the chance) and military discounts make going to parks relatively affordable, but lodging is a bit more tough as well as food. A family vacation once a decade or so is probably worth it for most people depending on which coast a person is closer to. Don?t need more than a 2-3 day trip for Disneyland at least, especially if your goal is just to go on all the rides and see a few other attractions. My most recent venture there was the week they had the rainbow heart Mickey ears introduced and the Pirates renovations with my sister and parents for my sis? high school band performance down main street and although still kid oriented, I enjoyed it, even if I don?t feel like I need to come back unless I have young ones of my own or if I?m in the area for an extended time. Specifically using the Disneyland app with the $10 fast pass was a good idea. Only works the day of for one individual ticket, but main street is open something like 30-60 minutes before the park opens and once your ticket is scanned into one of the parks, you can just request a fast pass and immediately get on whatever ride you want to immediately. And after you scan for that ride, you immediately get another fast pass slot. Think I got on 4 fast pass rides in just an hour, most of the time either on the ride or having to walk between lands instead of waiting in line for a ride.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
It's pretty good. I remember going there as a somewhat angry 13-year-old and being fairly miserable. Then going back at 33 and having the best vacation of my life.

My advice: go as a little kid or a full-grown adult but no combination of the two. Also go during the quiet months.

Also, don't go on the "It's a small world" ride. My SO and I were fairly traumatized by the affair and it ended with her looking at me distraught and exclaiming "I don't know what that was!"