What do you think of this attitude?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
bastardofmelbourne said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I like how he tries to make out later that he's too busy doing more intellectually rewarding things, after his first response of "too busy crushing vag".
I prefer "pounding tuna" or "paddling the pink canoe."

What was the topic of this thread again?
I prefer the term 'clunge diving', myself.

If only because it makes it sound hilariously vile.

nightingale

Nov 10, 2012
Jedoro said:
People who look down on gamers find much more useless ways to spend their time.
Truer words have never been spoken! I have never, ever met a person who criticized video games and at the same time occupied their time with higher stuff, so to speak. I guess it takes a certain kind of mind narrowness to see no value at all in gaming.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
theSteamSupported said:
All I'm asking is, how do we defeat this kind of attitude?
Carry on enjoying doing what you do, and don't let these people get to you.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
People who look down on others due to their interests/hobbies aren't worth yours or anyone's time. If you enjoy something that's what matters.

As far as people like this go, I ignore them.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
What about when me & 2 or 3 uni friends used to actually get together to do playthroughs? That's how I played Heavy Rain & Dead Space: Extraction. Were those non-social experiences?

Either complete ignorance or troll. Tending towards the former, though.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Says games are for losers, then claims to know more about games than you can imagine. Either stupid or trolling.

edit: Oh... "know more about games that you can imagine". Verdict is in...Stupid!

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'm too busy Clunge diving to respond to this thread. I'd advice you to ignore him though.

Immortal_Engines

Aug 6, 2010
If he's spending all his time 'crushing vag' I sincerely hope he uses a condom, I don't think anyone here wants to see his dumbfuckery being passed onto the next generation.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Just when I'd thought I'd run out of new euphomisms....

OT, we're kind of the first generation to not have been forced to put away our toys when puberty came up and forced into the standard social conventions or dating, marrage, and being social. I have encountered more polite versions of this attitude from family as they were concerned I wanted to stay home with a book instead of going with my cousin to the bar. Didnt' bother me then, and it doesn't now. If anything, barring intentional torlling, this kind of sttitude comes off very much like we invalidate him and hiis existance focused on getting laid by proving that we can have other purposes and other enjoyments in life.

ComandaKool

Jun 5, 2011
He says

"I guess i pity the person that sits in front of a computer playing pretend when you could be doing real things, seeing real things and meeting real people. Perhaps there is more to it. Maybe just a symptom of being really fucking ugly and awkward and lacking friends that have a heartbeat".

I find this ironic as with that attitude he probably doesn't have many friends, also he mentions that we are not doing "real things" or meeting "real people", to be honest some of the experiences I have had playing video games are just as real if not more real in terms of emotional connections, inspiration etc. then any of the standard socially acceptable activities we for some reason are expected to endure. The amount of good friends I have due to our common interest in video games is a blessing, and I definitely have better relationships with these people then those I would have with any "socially acceptable person.

My personal opinion is that people like this are not exclusive to subjects such as video games, as always people like this guy are simply the loudest therefore the most seen/heard when it comes to a particular group/stance. I think this attitude is blatantly stupid. Although I respect his right to an opinion on the matter I cannot force him to be right.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Bad troll, but if this person is not, it's pretty ironic that this person is getting high and mighty and upset on an internet forum about things that are "pathetic" or "real." Like, really? I'm gonna argue hypotheticals with strangers on the internet about video games, but they're losers? I pray that it's not cognitive dissonance otherwise that shit is so severe that her/his mind must have a fissure in it.

Aug 1, 2010
theSteamSupported said:
I don't want to slander this person, or attach him/her to the pillory.
I do.

He's obviously a moron who knows nothing about games and he just wants to get a reaction from people.

If you browse /v/ and/or /b/ daily, you get pretty use to this kind of thing. People spouting shit that [i/]sounds[/i] like an opinion, but when boiled down, has little to no point. In this case, his entire point seems to be "Don't play video games because you could be learning instead," which of course is retarded.

Just ignore the twat and move on.

And how can we defeat it?

Respond with something that will piss him off, that has NOTHING to do with the topic he wants to discuss. For instance, quote his use of the word "gay" and respond with "I noticed you like that word a whole lot. Looking for a good time, sailor? ;)"

Or ignore him completely.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
It sounds like you got severely trolled and went all the way to another forum to make a post about it.

strumbore

Mar 1, 2013
He's a troll.

Notice how every post is not made to say *why* gaming is bad,
just to make everyone else *feel* bad.

NEXT!

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Zaik said:
It sounds like you got severely trolled and went all the way to another forum to make a post about it.
You never really win when you're trolling, but you can cause other people to lose.

Clearly a troll and one the OP somehow got upset about enough to post a thread on a different forum about?

Noah Coultrip

Dec 30, 2010
What's funny here is that most of the gamers I know maintain other interests. yes, I'm sure there are more than a few who don't see the sun, but overall most of us over in my part of the world maintain a fairly active outside presence. For me, video games are a way to spend some time without having to worry about what I look like or how another is going to respond. Occasionally I read, occasionally I watch some TV or a movie, and sometimes I just wanna play a game.

Also, the internet gaming allows me to interact with people I don't get to see very often. Instead of just talking on the phone, we get to play a game and interact. to me that's a win/win.

Anywho, personally just ignore the guy. IF that's his opinion, he is entitled to his.

AVeryClassyCat

Feb 24, 2013
"I know more about video games that you could imagine."

Sounds like your typical bar fight hyperbole stuff. Any more prodding and we'll find out he's worked for every company out there, makes a million dollars because he invented some super secret technology we all use, knows a variety of martial arts that could kill us all in seconds, and has women lining up to have Penthouse fantasy threesomes with him when he's not spending his very, very valuable time mentioning all of this to total strangers online.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
You're going onto a gaming forum, posting a bunch of comments about somebody pretty clearly trolling and asking what we think of it, and you expect anything but "he's an idiot."
Really?

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
Ehh. That is my response. I literally can not form any other opinion because this isn't even an issue. It's what happens. The sooner we just move on and accept that some backwards thinking people won't accept Video Games as a form of entertainment that all ages can enjoy, the less bitchy we'll seem.