What do you think of this gift idea?

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
It's the birthday of one of my best friends soon, and I was having a dilemma over what to get her. Now, she sang at the O2 Arena in this UK-wide singing competition, and naturally there are a fair few photos of her doing it. I'm pretty good at sketching - would a detailed drawing of her singing there on a nice canvas be a good gift?

The only reason I ask is because I kinda like her as more than a friend, and she knows it. I dunno if this kind of gift might give the wrong message; I don't want her to feel like I'm pursuing her or anything.

Thoughts?

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Aw, come on man, don't be wishy washy. Put yourself out there! Show you really care!
If you do have feelings for her, then give it a shot. This gift sounds like it would help you too.
Not to mention it'll be a really kind and meaningful thing to do. It'll help your chances of getting her :)

Captcha: yes, sir!
Good on ya, captcha. More support!

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
Klagermeister said:
Aw, come on man, don't be wishy washy. Put yourself out there! Show you really care!
If you do have feelings for her, then give it a shot. This gift sounds like it would help you too.
Not to mention it'll be a really kind and meaningful thing to do. It'll help your chances of getting her :)

Captcha: yes, sir!
Good on ya, captcha. More support!
Yeah, good point! We are both really close, I doubt she'll get the wrong impression. Cheers man :')

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
theparsonski said:
It's the birthday of one of my best friends soon, and I was having a dilemma over what to get her. Now, she sang at the O2 Arena in this UK-wide singing competition, and naturally there are a fair few photos of her doing it. I'm pretty good at sketching - would a detailed drawing of her singing there on a nice canvas be a good gift?

The only reason I ask is because I kinda like her as more than a friend, and she knows it. I dunno if this kind of gift might give the wrong message; I don't want her to feel like I'm pursuing her or anything.

Thoughts?
go for it mate just make sure you do a proper job of it. I did this myself once and It didn't quite go as planned as the girl has a few self esteem issues.
she didn't get upset or anything but I could see she felt deeply self conscious about it.

you should post it here when you have finished it

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
theparsonski said:

Thoughts?
Its worth taking a punt, you never know how things work out. Its a nice gift whatever happens, its not like you are breaking into house and handcuffing yourself to her bed wearing a gimp mask, a ball gag and nothing else.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I say go for it good sir! You never know how things are going to work out. Your idea sounds like a good one and a very sweet one. Go or it and good luck with it! As someone above said, it is a gpod gift no matter what comes from it.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
In the words of the Emperor:
It'll be worth more sentimentally than something bought, and she'll appreciate it doubly since it was hand made.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Aye that seems like a nice gesture as well as a good present to have. Try and make sure her face ain't wonky or anything like that! X 3

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
Katatori-kun said:
Do it.

You're going to be mindful of the fact that you're doing this because you like her and want to do something that makes her happy, and not as a way to feel like she'll owe you some kind of affection in return, right? If so, then do it.
Of course. She means an awful lot to me, and I'm not doing this to try and get her to like me as more than a friend; I would never do that.

lRookiel said:
Aye that seems like a nice gesture as well as a good present to have. Try and make sure her face ain't wonky or anything like that! X 3
Worked on it for about 4 hours today, and I think I've captured her rather well. I'm suffering slightly from one-pencil-and-crappy-rubber syndrome, but I'm pretty proud of it to be honest. I think she'll like it.