what do you think of when you hear 'Hank Pym'

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
My first thought is Hank Pym: man of no fixed super hero identity.

Then lamest Avenger considered a core member.
Then creator on Ultron.
Then guy they gave an Avengers cartoon to only to have it suck.
Then guy heading Avengers Academy because Captian America is too busy.
Then I think of some creative useage of shrinking powers during sex brought up in one issue of Avengers.

Wife beater is pretty far down the list. It was the 70s. I no longer think of Iron Man as a Drunk, and a lot of other traits from before I was born.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
TheFederation said:
what do you think of when you hear 'Hank Pym'
I think of a slab of meat with big, crooked lower teeth and a "me gusta" expression on his face playing basketball like a boss.

Were you hoping for something else?

NiPah

May 8, 2009
The first thing I think when I hear Hank Pym is wtf is Hank Pym.
Sounds like some Vietnamese name Hank with Pym as his last name.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Honestly, I was expecting a masturbation joke. Like, if you pronounce it, "Hank Pin" it sort of sounds like "wanking"? Yeah, I'm pretty glad it isn't that, woulda been pretty weak if it was.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
I think of a Pimm's Cup.

I don't even know why. I've never had one.

Now I will leave the thread pretending that I only read the title, because I have no comment on the rest of the post.

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
TheFederation said:
If you said wife beater, you're wrong.
I'm kinda getting sick of every-time I mention him, everybody always comes back with that statement, it's kinda like Aquaman in that everybody latches onto the negatives because they're less known character. Hank Pym (ant man, giant man, Goliath etc) hit his wife (Janet van dyne, the wasp) ONCE. Reed Richards hit Susan Storm, while she was being mind-controlled. spider-man hit Mary-Jane, when she was pregnant! with super strength! and even then, hank was the person who was most depressed and guilt-ridden by it, even after everyone else forgave him.
so why do you think people associate Dr. Pym with this, even in-universe.

(I do know about the ultimate universe, but I don't count that because, well, it's a different universe)
Aww, that's not all he's remembered for, he's also remembered for being as shitty and useless as aquaman.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Well I wasn't thinking that until you brought it up. Now I can't get it out of my head!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Vicarious Reality said:
The only hank i know of is hank of the hill

Pym
I love that video...

The show's weird though. It's animated, and it's a sitcom without any comedy. I really can't figure it.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Antman, Giant-man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Antman again (have I missed any?)

Scientist Supreme. Dan Slott really made him shine in Mighty Avengers. I wish he had stayed The Wasp, creepy as it was, it was a fitting tribute to Janet Van Dyne. I liked the idea that man who could never settle on a name and created so many legacy characters (Bill Foster, Scott Lang, Erik Josten, Rita DeMara, Cassandra Lang, Eric O'Grady, Tom Foster) finally took up his wife's name as a permanent legacy. Guess it got changed because of the cartoon and future movies.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Immediately went to Hank Hill, then that Youtube video of him listening to dubstep. Because I have no idea who you're talking about.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
I think of all the whining about him not being in The Avengers. It was a great movie, and he didn't need to be there. Thor and Captain America are much more interesting than Ant-Man, and their films were risky enough as it is.

The second thing that comes to mind is that, given that Edgar Wright is in charge of the film, it will likely be very good.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Anachronism said:
The second thing that comes to mind is that, given that Edgar Wright is in charge of the film, it will likely be very good.
Keep in mind that the movie is just "announced" and not even in pre-production.... so yeah I am not getting my hopes up yet :)

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Um... Ant-Man? I know there's that stuff about beating his wife - that no one can forget for some stupid reason - so instead, I'm going for the version of him from "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" - because that show rocks, that's why.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I thought of Antman, the fictional Marvel superhero.

...also that he's in Hawkeye's Level 3 supermove in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.