What do you want out of life?

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
an extension of a previous thread of mine: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/528.931719.23441396

Assuming that there isn't a point to living, the universe being completely apathetic to our very existence, and we make the choice to not commit suicide because "were here already"... blah blah blah

What do you want?

I'm not talking needs here. Like you need shelter/food/Whatever in order to live so naturally you do things that'll get you towards those goals. I mean assuming your bases are covered on that front and you don't have to worry about it. Like no matter what your little sim-need bars are always full or will always be filled.

You exist. What do you want? What do you want to do? Why do you want to do it? What do you get out of it?

As always, I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this. I suppose I'm at a loss for what drives my ownself which is why I keep wondering about other people.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I once heard someone answer that question with, "Satisfying work and fulfilling relationships."

To this day I have not been able to come up with a better summation. So I'll go with that.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Enjoyment of the short period of time I have here on this planet. Enjoyment in anything I can find.

What do I want to do? Why do you want to do it? What do you get out of it?

Something I haven't done before. Because I haven't done it before. I will have learned something or met someone new.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't fucking know.

I could say I want love and romance, but who's to say a romantic relationship will actually suit me, and whether I could handle it. I could say I want a great job that I love doing, but who's to say I won't hate it after having practiced it for a year.

Though I will say it'd be nice to experience atleast one romantic relationship in my lifetime, even if it'll probably end in an awkward, self esteem-crushing break-up.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
I want lots of cider, lots of pizza and lots of booty.

What can I say? I'm a hedonist. I don't really want a legacy and I wouldn't mind if everyone completely forgot about my existence the moment I kick the bucket (in fact I'd say that's preferable given how traumatic loss can be).

I just want to be able to keep to myself, generally be a good and reliable person. I don't personally feel that anything beyond that is necessary, sorry if that sounds depressing.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Zhukov said:
I once heard someone answer that question with, "Satisfying work and fulfilling relationships."

To this day I have not been able to come up with a better summation. So I'll go with that.
Same here and the added "fully independent" as in financially secure (living on my own and not worrying about bills to pay and debt etc).

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I honestly have no idea.

I suppose to just be content with life and not be miserable. Have a job that I don't go between hating/questioning why I'm there to 'it's okay'.

I think anything more than that is just a cherry on the already delicious sundae.

Mmm.... sundaes...

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I always wanted to know what its like to date and have serious relationship with someone who is a lot smarter than me. I'd thought that would be easy since I don't see myself as a smart person but its kind of surprising how a lot of "smart" people (on paper) is kind of dumb in real life.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I don't know. Maybe just to see if I can experience the things I haven't experienced yet, or to see how much of the world I can travel, how much food I can taste and drink I can imbibe.

EDIT: Oh, I definitely want to climb into and drive a tank at some stage. Just not in war.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
Recently I've come to learn how ignorant and wrong I've been all my life. While true knowledge and understanding of everything is impossible to obtain, I wish to learn as much as possible. As such, I wish to travel to various places, learn about other people's beliefs and culture, and become knowledgeable in areas I'm currently lacking. I also just want to try different things to learn who I am as a person, and what I like and don't like.

So for me, it's all about self-discovery.

Oct 2, 2012
I want a calm, peaceful life with a wife, kids, and a job I don't hate.
Or a calm, peaceful life with a wife, a job I don't hate, and lots of sleep.

I'm a simple person.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Ooh! Perfect! Let me just find that Cona-
Ihateregistering1 said:
Can't believe no one has posted it yet:
God damn it.

Well, since my answer was stolen...I suppose I'll go with a pretty serene, enjoyable life? You know. Get to experience plenty of interesting things. Meet interesting people. Find someone to love and care for longer than a few years. Maybe have kids and do my best to give them an equal, if not better life. Not be mauled to death by a cougar.

The usual.

visiblenoise

Jul 2, 2014
I want to never decide on an answer to that question, because I think going through life knowing the answer would be unnecessary and intimidating

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I've had an interesting life so far, and I've found that interesting is not necessarily great. Its rife with drama, strife, bullshit, backstabs and betrayals, as much if not more than the better things. I'm 35 and I feel like I want nothing better than to relax, have fairly uneventful days beyond watching my favorite films, TV shows, and sometimes seeing new things, playing great games and ensuring my daughter is taken care of and gets through life without too much bullshit. I live more for her than myself these days.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Corey Schaff said:
To kill the next Hitler would be pretty good.
Oh damn, now I know who to stay away from. :D

Okay-okay-okay, but... I'd like power. I'd like to be able to make people squirm at my feet. Whether I'd make them do so is another matter. Just knowing you could is enough. Depending on the mood.