What do you want to happen with your body when you die?

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
During the Quarantine, I've been helping a few people put together end of life plans. These cover the basic things you would expect, like planning for end of life care as well as wills and funeral arrangements. And it's got me thinking: How many people have considered what they want for themselves when they die?

Personally, I want my body donated to medicine if possible, and if not, I would like a natural burial. Something that ensures me body breaks down rapidly.

Reactions: lil devils x

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I wouldn't mind having my ashes scattered on one of the ancient tumuli (burial mounds) found in my local county. My paternal lineage goes back as far as records go in this area and so I like to think I would be laid to rest with my distant ancestors.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Just a regular burial. I'm not into donating my body to science, because I don't want my remains to go to the black market.

Reactions: Kae

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well I don't particularly care too much since you know I'll be dead, but the one thing that I would like is that all the organs that can be used are donated to people, after that I don't have plans or interests, if it's donated to science, burned, buried I don't particularly care really.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Nothing. Just chuck me in the oven when I'm done.
Anything particular you want done with your ashes? There are services that turn cremation remains into things, for example. Like glass vases. And jewelry.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Anything particular you want done with your ashes? There are services that turn cremation remains into things, for example. Like glass vases. And jewelry.
Oh, right! They meant cremation!

I swear I totally didn't think it was a cannibalism joke...
To be fair they are cat food.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
You know what? I think it would be best if lots of people signed up for their ashes to be turned into diamonds and jewelry. My mom told me she was looking into that, so that I would be able to have some financial security if I ever needed it.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I'm honestly not that bothered. If family or friends want to keep a dusty version of me around or turn me into glass then that's up to them. Actually if they wanted a memento of dead me, I'd rather they get silver finger prints on a key ring or necklace or something.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Oh, right! They meant cremation!

I swear I totally didn't think it was a cannibalism joke...
To be fair they are cat food.
And I've seen you looking at me and licking your lips. I'm not dead yet pussy cat :)

You know what? I think it would be best if lots of people signed up for their ashes to be turned into diamonds and jewelry. My mom told me she was looking into that, so that I would be able to have some financial security if I ever needed it.
Ok, as someone who works as an undertaker, I have to say not to bother. Turning the ashes into diamonds is a costly affair and I've been told the actual diamonds are not very valuable. I'm not sure if that's true for every company that offers this service or just the company that my lot use, but if you're thinking of turning your mum into money, its probably not going to be worth it.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Ok, as someone who works as an undertaker, I have to say not to bother. Turning the ashes into diamonds is a costly affair and I've been told the actual diamonds are not very valuable. I'm not sure if that's true for every company that offers this service or just the company that my lot use, but if you're thinking of turning your mum into money, its probably not going to be worth it.
That's a very macabre way to put it, I love it to be honest, I wish I'm able to use that sentence in a conversation one day.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

But seriously, probably cremation. Then I want my ashes mixed with gun powder, loaded into some severely violent bullets and all of my enemies murdered using them.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
I mean whatever the fuck people wanna do with it tbh? Cremation seems responsible, but my family want a grave to visit I guess that would be cool for them tho not mutually exclusive maybe? Assume you can bury the ashes there.

If we're going wild and anything I want a pyre would be excellent

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Organs donated then cremated. Put the ashes wherever. I couldn't care.
With the caveat that I'd doubt anyone would actually want my organs. They've been well worn

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Harvest any organs and transplant em. If I'm lucky I'll get a Fruit of Grisaia happening to occur and then get a second life!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Donate what can be used, mulch the rest and use it to fertilize something.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands