What does it take to ruin a game for you?

Stg

Jul 19, 2011
Honestly the only thing that really kills a game for me (outside of pay-2-win models) is hand-holding. I absolutely loved Crysis/Warhead and I was so stoked when I heard they were continuing the franchise. Two hours in Crysis 2 and I just uninstalled that garbage.

"Go here!" "Super secret alternate path here!" "Ammo refill here!" "Go this direction!" "Kill these guys" "Now kill these guys!" "Another secret alternate path that leads to the same fucking location as the other linear path!" "Super secret surprise boss you totally won't expect is going to come from this direction in five seconds... act surprised!"

All in giant blinking neon colors that cannot be turned off by conventional means. I probably could have looked for a workaround, but just the audacity EA has to assume all it's customers are no smarter than a butterfly is outright insulting. I would by lying if I said this is the only game EA has ruined by hand-holding, but they also destroyed one of my favorite franchises - C&C. At least with C&C I could ignore it until they added a patch that caused blips/pings if you ignored the neon signs long enough.

Bottom line - fuck EA.