What does the escapist drink? (alcohol)

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Inglip said:
lacktheknack said:
"Do you like wine, beer, or vodka?" That's like asking "Do you prefer aftershave, drain cleaner or turpentine?"

I'm alcohol intolerant.
Neverhoodian said:
I drink a bovine fermented plant mix, known in some circles as milk.

Seriously, I can't stand the taste of alcohol.
Do you two mean to sound so condescending and smart-arsed or is that just how you always talk.

Of course, the same could be said for half the people in this thread.
It's not being condescending, it's called cracking a joke.

I'm not some prudish prohibitionist here. Just because I don't like alcohol doesn't mean everyone else should.

MBergman

Oct 21, 2009
BlackHat2600 said:
As a side note, as far as beer goes Guinness is the best,
I'll drink to that! Nothing beats having a Guinness and just chilling out in the pub!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Anything of quality, really. When I say 'of quality' I mean I don't drink cheap cider, lager or alcopops. I'll drink proper cider, decent lagers (I quite like Stella Artois triple filtered, but the normal stuff tastes like seawater) and most spirits. If I had to pick a favourite it would probably be Jaegermeister, although it has an advantage because everywhere seems to have it these days (especially Jaegerbombs).

Oh, I forgot; I don't like bourbon. Bring me Scotch any day!

Geeky Anomaly

Feb 19, 2011
Beer. Full-flavor dunkels, no American piss-water.

Wine. Must be Californian or European.

Whiskey. Must be American or Irish.

That's my food pyramid.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
Tequila is the greatest. My first shot ever was tequila (my brother is so nice to me haha), and since then it has been my favorite. I can down the shots like water if I have salt and a lime.

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
I pretty much just drink beer and it's usually only good local beers. I hate the cheap water that certain brands try to advertise as beer.

BlackHat2600

Mar 12, 2011
themattd1000 said:
As someone who is thinking about becoming a bartender and a big fan of whiskey myself, I must ask what kind of whiskey do you usually drink? Personally I love Black Label Johnnie Walker, good stuff mate.
As far as whiskey goes its almost always Jack Daniels. I have had other whiskeys, but Jack is about what i can afford (out of what I like). Now that statement usually confuses people because Jack isn't exactly cheap either but compared to the Glenfiddich 18 year single malt... its quite affordable lol I have bottle of each but I'll drink Jack more than I'll my Glenfiddich, simply because I want to savor and make it last.

And for the whiskey purists, I do drink it neat. Jack Daniels will get mixed in the summer as a sour (green label for mixing), however I the Glenfiddich is always neat.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
KingofallCosmos said:
Blind Sight said:
Grolsch, it's a cheap Dutch import. Also Canadian but that's usually because it's the easiest thing to yell over the sounds of a club or bar.

Wild Turkey rum is a good hard liquor, I love the stuff, Hunter S. Thompson was definitely onto something.
Man, Grolsch is probably the worst beer we have in Holland. Then again, I've been to America and it's a good thing they sell dutch and belgian beer..
Indeed, it isn't great, but it's cheap, and therein lies the benefit.

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
I don't drink very often, but when I do, I stick to beers. I have a very bad experience with spirits.

Let's just say that going from teetotal to downing a bottle of gin isn't one of the highlights of my life.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
If it isnt 100 proof or greater it is not worth wasting ones time on. Be it the painfully brutal everclear (/makes no mention on how easy it is to get his hands on actual 200 proof moonshine) to a dirty and cheap rotgut-esque bottle of 100 proof blue label popov Vodka.

Its a shame too cause thanks to medical concerns I had to give up drinking a few years ago.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Pretty much anything to be honest. As I type this I'm drinking a pint of strong bitter (old thumper), but I drink lager, rum, whiskey, brandy, vodka, gin, tequila... Etc. as a rule I don't drink spirits over 40% abv simply because 40 tastes better and I'd rather drink more 40 to get equally drunk than drink 50, 60, or 70. Though in my youth I did demolish a crate of 70% abv absinthe, never again though.

pubbing

Dec 16, 2010
Jack Daniels is the stuff for me. I can't drink too much tequila or i will get sick and vodka just tastes pretty bad to me. I guess I am a good old whiskey guy.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Stouts; Guinness and the like, good for a paced evening of drinking. At home I prefer a good single malt whiskey or a high quality potato vodka. Party drinks; jägerbomb, absinthe shots, or bourbon (almost always JD) and coke.

I'll also give an honourary mention to John Smiths Extra Smooth. It has kept me in my cups without breaking my wallet on more than one occaison, and refuses to wane on quality. It's a grand ale.

Nerdygamer89

Dec 21, 2009
I'll pound down pretty much anything. Beer, whiskey (scotch preferred), vodka, rum, gin, tequila. I'll even have a white Russian on occasion.

My all-time favorite drink would have to be Guinness though. Puts hair on your chest!

Ohhi

Nov 13, 2009
I personally drink whiskey mostly Crown Royal and on occasion I will drink vodka but mostly just whiskey for me.