What does the world have against America?

Flac00

May 19, 2010
hubert said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
US is one of the greatest country in the world and yes I dare say many other countries out there wouldn't be without us. (Yes France we know you helped us during the Revolutionary War, thanks for that) Yea we stick our noses in where it doesn't belong. But think about WWI and WWII who was the major player in both wars? The U.S of A, hell even historians say if the US didn't get attacked at Pearl Harbor by Japan, then there'd be just one big Germany and one big Japan, then Africa (cause nobody wants that place) and America. (cause.. U.S of A!) Austrilia would still be there cause the land itself would kill the invading forces.

But the US has saved other countries many times and we give food to needy countries and have some of the best people in the world. (although I personally think we need to get shit set up in this country before we go to others and deal with them.)

But we are backwards on lots of things. As I said, we need to get things straight here before we go out and try to fix other places, and I think instead of sending billions of dollars of top quality foods to 3rd world countries, we should be sending billions of dollars to feed our homeless and poor instead.

So, while I do think we are the best at what we do, we're also blind to our own problems.

Patriot much? The world would have gone on without you, yes the world would have been different but pretty much still alive. And what's up with Africa and Australia? You just confirmed the myth of the ignorant American..
Dunno, he does have a point. US is pretty giving throughout the world. Every natural disaster, the US is right there to help mop up and fix it. Hell, without the US much of Africa would be starving and suffering from AIDS (yeah, we have slowed if not stopped that epidemic). Europe would have been ruled by Germany in the end after WW2 if the US never came in (though in all honesty, we would have joined in even if it wasn't for Pearl Harbor).
I think the whole Africa and Australia part was a joke, so don't take that seriously.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
adalekplunger said:
Anoni Mus said:
Joel Dawson said:
Crazy_Dude said:
Claiming to be the "land of freedom" while gay marriage is still banned in most states.
But not all Americans are anti-Gay Marriage.
Exactly, that's why you should fight for it. Specially if you want to hold the title (which I think it's non-existent) of the most freest country in the World.
You do realize that they aren't actually fighting for any sort of rights, right? They're only fighting for the title of marriage. Domestic partnerships have the exact same benefits as marriage. Both sides are incredibly petty, if you ask me.
Yeah, so it is about rights. The right to be counted as an equal with your fellow human being. Whether your strait, gay, hermaphroditic, auto-sexual, whatever. The homosexual people simply want to be accepted as a person, not as something less. Sure, money plays a part, but its still the whole "separate but equal" clause.

adalekplunger

Dec 14, 2011
Flac00 said:
Dunno, he does have a point. US is pretty giving throughout the world. Every natural disaster, the US is right there to help mop up and fix it. Hell, without the US much of Africa would be starving and suffering from AIDS (yeah, we have slowed if not stopped that epidemic). Europe would have been ruled by Germany in the end after WW2 if the US never came in (though in all honesty, we would have joined in even if it wasn't for Pearl Harbor).
I think the whole Africa and Australia part was a joke, so don't take that seriously.
Eh... most humanitarian efforts these days is done through non-profits and the UN. Granted, we make up a huge chunk of UN funding...

Flac00 said:
The US had its fair share of Conservatism, now finally people are acting in a non-ignorant fashion.
Oh god I can't stop laughing the tears

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Pierce Graham said:
How very American of you. Arrogance, narcissism and ignorance all rolled into one. So people are wrong to hate America because America is great? Amazing. You view yourselves as flawless heroes of freedom, democracy and equality when you're one of the most divided and unequal nations on Earth. Any nation that would even consider passing SOPA or the National Defense Authorization Act is a terrible place. We don't hate you because you're great. It's because you're also quite evil.
Woah, mr angry there (you might want to figure out how to quote as well)

Look, we don't think of ourselves as flawless, but can you say your country is any better? yeah, we have some radicals and ignorants. But can you say you don't have any? We aren't evil, we're flawed, but so is the rest of the world. We have problems, but we certainly have just as many if not a tad less than much of the world. So pull your head out of your tush and stop demonizing others. Everyone's to blame for the problems in the world, not just us.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
mangosofdoom said:
AladdinSane said:
Syzygy23 said:
The idea that and communism itself is evil is laughable at best. In fact on paper communism is the only really viable government method.
How sad, then, that we don't all live "on paper". Considering the abject and total failure of Communism anywhere it's been tried.

It is evil to demand that, by the simple act of continuing to respire, you have an enforceable claim to the property and wages of others. Theft, whether institutionalized under a political regime, justified in the name of welfare and compassion, etc. remains theft. Ergo, all such collectivist theories are inherently evil.
Well Communism seems to be going pretty well for China and I here in about 5 or so years it will bypass America economically, so there that...
Tell that to their slowing economy. Not to mention, they do not follow a communist economic policy. Actually, it is relatively capitalist. They are kind of proof of the positives of capitalism, and we will soon find out the negatives soon. Reason: a lot of economists are predicting they might have a real-estate crash soon.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Looks like someone followed my advice from that new circumcision thread. Make a wide sweeping statement or post a controversial topic and rake in the comment count of people correcting you. I wish these threads would disappear.

adalekplunger

Dec 14, 2011
Flac00 said:
Yeah, so it is about rights. The right to be counted as an equal with your fellow human being. Whether your strait, gay, hermaphroditic, auto-sexual, whatever. The homosexual people simply want to be accepted as a person, not as something less. Sure, money plays a part, but its still the whole "separate but equal" clause.
True, but they're fighting for a title that originates and is inseparable from a religious institution. It doesn't make any sense to me why they would want to have any sort of ties to the very thing that demonizes them, unless its some sort of elaborate troll to piss off the people who treat them as less than people.

In which case, I fully support it.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Flac00 said:
Woah, mr angry there (you might want to figure out how to quote as well)

Look, we don't think of ourselves as flawless, but can you say your country is any better? yeah, we have some radicals and ignorants. But can you say you don't have any? We aren't evil, we're flawed, but so is the rest of the world. We have problems, but we certainly have just as many if not a tad less than much of the world. So pull your head out of your tush and stop demonizing others. Everyone's to blame for the problems in the world, not just us.
You are a reasonable American, the kind I like. That Alladin dude or whatever is the kind most don't like. The attitude in his posts were that America IS flawless, American's ARE perfect, and there is NOTHING they have ever done wrong, and EVERYTHING ever done right was by them. That is the type of person that makes America look bad, and a major reason for people hating America. It is ok to love your country, and think that what they've done right is more than they've done wrong, but to go fanatical about it, say that your country is perfect, and then go and try to shove it in others faces... Yeah, that's why we hate America. Because of that type of American that is all too vocal. People like you give America a good name, and are why many people are 'I don't outright hate America, just some American's'. It is people like him that make people say 'I hate America'.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
DEM UDER CUNTYS HAET MURRKA CUZ DEY JELUZ UH UR FREEDUM >8(

For those of you who need a bit of help reading and understanding that, just try to pronounce it. Anyway, I proceed in seriousness.

I remember comedian Doug Stanhope commenting that the "jealous" argument rings of that fat preteen trailer-trash skank on daytime TV yelling "you just jealous! you just jealous of my spandex and my skanky ass!"

Myself? I think of my country, the United States specifically, as a child country. It is no different from any other child that is loud, self-centered to a fault, thinks that it must be involved in everything, left out of nothing, and prone to tantrums and screaming fits if it does not get its way.

And while I can't fault the other, older nations of the world for wishing that spoiled brat would just shut up and let them get back to work, to mock the United States with the frequency and severity shown smacks rather loudly of bullying an 8-year-old. Satisfying? Certainly, but probably not something you want to gain a reputation for.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
BiscuitTrouser said:
Thyunda said:
This is really well written and i was honestly looking at the keyboard after reading this trying to decide what to add. I dont hate americans but as one "combined" country entity you can be rather dislikable.

I mean you can try and brush that genocide under the carpet as much as you like america but you were built on taking natives and brutally murdering them then building on top of the rivers of blood. Now you tend to be quite scared of anyone bringing change to your country from outside. We hate hitler for what he did but for some reason no one tends to hold this against you. It kinda rankles me that so many can die and no one even cares. The native americans are just a forgotten people. And when your average american complains about invading "aliens" the hypocracy makes me cringe.

Youre an OK bunch, but like the above poster said you tend to speak for the "west" like some kind of spokesman, and it kinda makes us come of douchy. I despise Mr cameron. I wish hed stop licking shoe for a minute to actually say some of his own stuff. Not that id even agree with it but hell its a start.
I went into this thread as an American, knowing that there would be a certain responses to expect, and to no surprise I found a response like yours. By that I mean, a response by an West European person telling me about all the horrible things that America did. Let me make this clear, there are a great amount of Americans that feel that how the European settlers treated the native Americans, was terrible. I have also felt that Hawaiians got screwed over too. (I do find it amusing though that Europeans bring up the native Americans, even though it was Spain, France and England that technically took the land) Trust me, Americans bring it up. As for illegal immigrants, Americans are not saying that immigrants can't come to this country, just that they can't come here illegally. From what I understand about England, we don't like illegal immigrants any more than the English like illegal Polish immigrants.

Also, the irony of you pointing out the lack of condemnation of America's past is that, from what I have seen, there seems to be a lack of condemnation by the global community (especially my own country) for the past acts that western European's have done. For example, England, when I look at their history and their past "foreign policy" (if it can even be called something as civil as that)all I can think of is..what.the.hell.England?? Honestly, from how the Irish Catholics were oppressed, to completely dominating India, and carving up almost half of Africa, and the cherry on top being the English government acting like some drug pusher by forcing opium into China even though the Chinese rulers demanded that you stop selling their people such addicting drugs. How the hell did modern England avoid being associated with those acts? All the while Germany still has the subject of Nazi's associated with them. smh

Also, while I'm on the past acts that Europe has done, thanks to European imperialism/colonialism of almost the entire world, I get sh*t for being European-American by people who are (insert people that Europeans have treated like cr*p)-American.

......So thanks for putting that little obstacle in my life /sarcasm.

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
BiscuitTrouser said:
Thyunda said:
To us in England, a lot of us are personally jaded towards the US, since they act like the spokesperson for the English-speaking West, and we do not like that. But for some reason, our leaders insist on sucking up to the States, even if we're well aware it makes no sense. Now we end up with Muslim extremists on our own soil, lumping us in with the Americans, despite the fact we're only in their countries because our leaders weren't man enough to tell the US to stop being such dicks.

I mean, really. Shooting Pakistani soldiers? Encroaching on Pakistani sovereign soil, and the moment they tell you to fuck off, you suddenly find ibn-Laden there? America, you ARE disgusting. You've imposed a sanction on buying Iranian oil, because Iran are supposedly developing nukes.
Well. You have nukes. I wouldn't be surprised if Iran is worried about a joint Israeli/American invasion. Wouldn't put it past you.
Oh, and the Iranian caught with radioactive contraband and Moscow International - what exactly are you trying to pull here? I'm fairly sure that if Iran wanted nuclear supplies, they wouldn't need to send a civilian via commercial airline.

And of course there's the Lockerbie bomber incident in the past. Scotland had no evidence with which to try the suspect, but did the Americans care? Nope. They wanted to put somebody away so they could swing their dicks at the public and say "Look what good anti-terrorists we are."

I feel so bad for the American people. In the Middle East, there are people that would happily burn you and rape your family due to the actions of your government. I know a lot of you are stupid, a lot of you are ignorant, and a few are completely insane, but you're really not bad people. 99% of the Americans on this site certainly don't fit into the above groups, but thanks to your leaders, you're the Infidel now.
This is really well written and i was honestly looking at the keyboard after reading this trying to decide what to add. I dont hate americans but as one "combined" country entity you can be rather dislikable.

I mean you can try and brush that genocide under the carpet as much as you like america but you were built on taking natives and brutally murdering them then building on top of the rivers of blood. Now you tend to be quite scared of anyone bringing change to your country from outside. We hate hitler for what he did but for some reason no one tends to hold this against you. It kinda rankles me that so many can die and no one even cares. The native americans are just a forgotten people. And when your average american complains about invading "aliens" the hypocracy makes me cringe.

Youre an OK bunch, but like the above poster said you tend to speak for the "west" like some kind of spokesman, and it kinda makes us come of douchy. I despise Mr cameron. I wish hed stop licking shoe for a minute to actually say some of his own stuff. Not that id even agree with it but hell its a start.

Crazy_Dude said:
Claiming to be the "land of freedom" while gay marriage is still banned in most states.
Also this. Your tagline would be more accurate as "Free if you agree to be a a chrstian or follow our rules"
You can do what you want as long as you do what we say

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Starke said:
BiscuitTrouser said:

I mean you can try and brush that genocide under the carpet as much as you like america but you were built on taking natives and brutally murdering them then building on top of the rivers of blood.
Well, what can I say, we learned from the best. And you did teach us a lot about how to deal with pesky natives. Well, sorta. Conquering China because, hey, why not, right? That was inspired. You could say we misunderstood that point though. We thought the idea was to get rid of the drugs coming to us, not ship them to other countries. Our bad.
BiscuitTrouser said:
Now you tend to be quite scared of anyone bringing change to your country from outside.
It was the understandable knee jerk reaction of having once been subjects of a foreign Imperial government, well, not foreign to you, but you understand, right?
BiscuitTrouser said:
We hate hitler for what he did but for some reason no one tends to hold this against you. It kinda rankles me that so many can die and no one even cares.
We care. Americans, contrary to what you may have been told, do have big hearts. It's the only things that keep us upright after we eat the things we do.
BiscuitTrouser said:
The native americans are just a forgotten people.
No more forgotten than the Welsh or Scots. You know, the native peoples of the British Isles. The only surviving native people.
BiscuitTrouser said:
And when your average american complains about invading "aliens" the hypocracy makes me cringe.
Well, the forces invading from Beta Andromedae are a persistent threat, and one we must remain vigilant against since they seek to sexually violate our rural, and possibly inbread, population.

Although in a moment of clarity, I agree that US Immigration policy is fucked.

BiscuitTrouser said:
Also this. Your tagline would be more accurate as "Free if you agree to be a a chrstian or follow our rules"
Well, what can I say, we learned from the best. Though to be fair, we haven't actually gotten that one really rolling yet. Turns out, it's hard to institute the president as head of our church seeing as we have too damn many.
Yet the Scots and Welsh have their own nations, what about the Native Americans?

werejohnny

Nov 12, 2011
Thyunda said:
To us in England, a lot of us are personally jaded towards the US, since they act like the spokesperson for the English-speaking West, and we do not like that. But for some reason, our leaders insist on sucking up to the States, even if we're well aware it makes no sense. Now we end up with Muslim extremists on our own soil, lumping us in with the Americans, despite the fact we're only in their countries because our leaders weren't man enough to tell the US to stop being such dicks.

I mean, really. Shooting Pakistani soldiers? Encroaching on Pakistani sovereign soil, and the moment they tell you to fuck off, you suddenly find ibn-Laden there? America, you ARE disgusting. You've imposed a sanction on buying Iranian oil, because Iran are supposedly developing nukes.
Well. You have nukes. I wouldn't be surprised if Iran is worried about a joint Israeli/American invasion. Wouldn't put it past you.
Oh, and the Iranian caught with radioactive contraband and Moscow International - what exactly are you trying to pull here? I'm fairly sure that if Iran wanted nuclear supplies, they wouldn't need to send a civilian via commercial airline.

And of course there's the Lockerbie bomber incident in the past. Scotland had no evidence with which to try the suspect, but did the Americans care? Nope. They wanted to put somebody away so they could swing their dicks at the public and say "Look what good anti-terrorists we are."

I feel so bad for the American people. In the Middle East, there are people that would happily burn you and rape your family due to the actions of your government. I know a lot of you are stupid, a lot of you are ignorant, and a few are completely insane, but you're really not bad people. 99% of the Americans on this site certainly don't fit into the above groups, but thanks to your leaders, you're the Infidel now.
I'm an American and I agree with much of your assessment of our government... but I have one question: do you really hate the American government so bad that you'd defend Ahmadinejad?

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Because we're a country run by blood-hungry power-mongers, and the masses, while having beautiful qualities about them, are generally lacking in any introspective thought. For the most part we're just mindless workers happy to let corporations crush freedom, liberty, and happiness under heel so long as we have nice shit.

I think people hate us because we're total dicks.

Fuck.... I need to get my ass to Amsterdam.

(P.S. I love how the post above mine calls America dicks as well. XD)

werejohnny

Nov 12, 2011
Thyunda said:

I'm an American and I agree with much of your assessment of our government... but I have one question: do you really hate the American government so bad that you'd defend Ahmadinejad?

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
I think a lot of people issues with the US are with its military.

I have a little story about that actually, my Grandfather was part of the unit sent in to reinforce a reasonably small American camp during the Vietnam war.
The first night they were there the Americans packed up and snuck away, leaving the reinforcements on their own.
This apparently happened multiple times too.

Though even after that, for me it's mostly the "Omg our military is the best" attitude when they've lost just about every war they've ever been in...

Do I hate or even dislike the average American? of course not. You can't judge a person by the location they were born/raised, there are just as many stupid Americans as there are stupid Australians, Europeans, Africans, etc.
You can't even really decry the US as any worse then most other places, they're just the most arrogant about it on average.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Jinx_Dragon said:
SilentCom said:
Sounds kind of like a sitcom. Also, very few people are like that here in America. At least very few that I've seen in person. Also, patriotism here isn't necessarily like the movies. It's more prevalent in movies and stuff like that than actually displayed by the citizens.

I live in Washington state btw, I can't really say about the other states.
I don't know... I made a joke about Americans forgetting what country they are in and requiring flags to remind themselves for a reason. I kid you not, every second house in California was decked out with flags and other signs of nationalize. Oh yes, the act of displaying flags and other national identities is not patriotism but nationalism, in that you blindly follow what these things represent regardless of the reality around you.

As someone who has been through the States, and other countries, I can contest your level of nationalism is frightfully high.

This is part of the problem if you ask me: Blind following of symbols is just one aspect of a nationalistic nation. The others are present and directly lead to the reasons why others might not like America as a nation. Sadly, those flag wavers have the loudest voice and they are all for the USA "policing the world." After all, you're the 'good guys who can do no wrong' in the eyes of this vocal minority so any other nation that disagrees with your laws or does anything to upset the ruling class have to be evil and deserve the bombs being dropped on them.

That is the core reason many nations do not like the USA: It is led by this vocal minority whom have no fucking clue about the real world and yet still believe that they are the good guys and everything they do is justified. This very thought pattern is then used to excuse all sorts of actions being taken in the name of the US, after all: The US can not do any wrong in the eyes of these nationalistic followers. Hell, the very act of dropping a bomb on another nation automatically makes that nation evil: after all, if they where not evil the US would not be bombing them now, would they?

Nationalism has always been dangerous because of this fact, it makes it possible for a whole bunch of people to turn a blind eye to the crimes of their nation and further promotes these crimes to continue.

This nationalistic group, this vocal minority, see no problem in shitting over other countries laws, customs and traditions as they are clearly inferior to the US way of life. In fact, the very existence of a different thought pattern is often seen as justification to bomb the hell out of a country for being 'evil.' The logical conclusion of this thought pattern is: if the USA is the good guys then anything non-westernized has to be evil because it isn't the USA and hence is not 'good.'

At least they make themselves easy to identify when you are in the US: don't go near streets flying a sea of American flags and you should be fine.
wrong, people in California having flags are not the stereotypical patriots that you are thinking of. The west coast (especially California) are always portrait as being very left wing. Also, I don't see whats wrong with patriotism or having your countries flag, honestly the non-American's on the Escapist read way WAY too much into the fact that we have patriotism and proudly show flags. People on this site point to how America is wrong to push our values (which I partly agree with) on other country's and then the same people hypocritically state how the US should adopt their attitude of patriotism and showing flags. If you really think it is wrong to tell other countries how to operate/live, then why don't you (sorry, I'm not trying to single you out but I see this A LOT on this site) take some of your own medicine and stop going on and on about how we Americans should feel about our own country and when/where we should display our nations flags in our own country. Sorry if that came off as preachy, but the hypocritical attitudes that people here are showing, is appalling.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Pierce Graham said:
How very American of you. Arrogance, narcissism and ignorance all rolled into one.

Are you looking to start a fight by making comments like that? You say your not looking for a fight, but then you make comments like that. Please tell me, if it's "very American [to] [act] arrogan[t], narcissis[tic] and ignoran[t] all rolled into one", then how do I act Canadian? Please, oh please! Tell me how I can go about acting Canadian! *rolls my eyes*