What does your username mean ?

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
I put an entry in Urban Dictionary for mine: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boxpopper

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
A bathing receptacle filled with a very warm liquid whose pH is less than 7.0.

If we're discussing why we chose our nicknames, my first choice was boilingacidbath which is a line from a D.I. song but it's usually too long so I switched to hotacidbath.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
05 - the year I joined my secondary school
rutter - my second name
b - the initial of my first name

05rutterb is the username that was given to me to log on to school computers, so I didn't make it up.

Uilleand

Mar 20, 2009
Uilleand is the gaelic word for the honeysuckle tree as well as being an old Celtic rune - or ogham

More worrisome to me is that I actually had to scroll through 3 or 4 pages before I came to the actual definition...the rest was all actually my activity on various websites. Crap, I need to turn this computer off and go out into the sunshine....

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Hope Never Dies was the theme to Cpt Brenner from Advance Wars Days of Ruin who sacrificed himself to let the rest of his battalion and his old enemy's army survive.

cartzo

Apr 16, 2009
cartzo isnt supposed to mean anything, i just wanted a wanted a username i didnt have to put numbers in, sadly after recently visiting the "google vs your username" thread i discovered that it is actually polaris slang for penis, but i'm commited to this username now so i do nothing.

Versipellis

Jul 29, 2009
It's Latin for "werewolf." As an adjective it could just mean "shape-changing" or, figuratively, "sly" or "cunning."

StargateSG1

Apr 9, 2009
Mine is what happened to be on TV when I signed up, and I wasn't in any hurry to think of a "clever" screen name.

Oh, and it's the longest running American sci fi show of all time.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I'm born 94, and have a crazy haircut (or had, now I have dreads instead, although there's probably no difference). Also, sorry to say this, but this thread has been done. A lot.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Proteus is a Greek demigod that is the keeper of secrets and is also a shapeshifter. If you find him and corner him, he'll reward you with knowledge. 214 is an alphanumeric encoding of my initials.

Kiereek

Nov 18, 2008
Kireek was a character in PSO... he was badass. However, due to poor spelling on my part years ago, and the fact there is someone using Kireek who is like an internet legend (look him up, it's crazy), I have and extra e in there. I've used it everywhere since I was like 10, so 8 years ago, and it's awesome because I've had people I've played with in one game, recognise me in other games.

Valthek

Aug 25, 2008
I stole mine from a wargaming magazine (White Dwarf)

it was the name of a dude's general for an iron warriors army or something. I needed a decent (and more importantly unique) nickname, so i stole it.

easy

Nox13last

Mar 18, 2009
My nickname has some derivatives.
'Nox' - Latin, meaning 'Night'. To extinguish light (by extension, hope), radiating pessimism. Also, 'Nox' is the countercharm for 'Lumos' (Harry Potter). Thid was all coincidence, my cousin was called Nox13lade.
By that line of reasoning: 'Nox13last' - A sudden, destructive force that simultaneously deletes hope.

'Noxedwin' - My name, don't wear it out.

It has no connection whatsoever to the pacifist race from Stargate SG-1. They're pussies.