What enemy have you felt bad about killing?

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not a fan of being forced to shoot dogs in games. I also felt a little conflicted over the flamethrower in COD:WAW...the screaming and the crispiness.

tristow

Sep 25, 2009
For me it's the one enemy I never got to kill, in MGS 3 I unknowingly did the easy way to beat the end I felt really bad about it because I had robed an old man of his dying wish

kahlzun

Sep 9, 2009
In the mansion in Oblivion, the woman who offers to help you find the treasure and split it with you.. i felt really bad.

Also, on "Saints Row 2", all the missions against the Brotherhood were *way* uncalled for.

I felt really sorry for Maero and especially Jessica by the end of it... they tried to do the right thing and got murdered and psychologically tortured...

..... :,-(

Jan 18, 2008
I kinda feel bad when Altair from Assassins Creed killed those guys you interrogate. I mean they give you the info you want with very little resistance and then you give them the hug of death. Just a tad jerkish.

Jan 18, 2008
TheMadTypist said:
And I coudn't help but feel that some of those metrocops in Half Life 2 were just decent guys and gals doing the best they could in a world gone mad.
Just outta interest do you mean the overwatch guys? coz rnt they like evil alien soldiers hellbent on killing people that look at them funny?

Downfall89

Aug 26, 2009
CaptainFatty said:
Not really an enemy but when i killed a buddy in Farcry 2 I felt bad for ages.
Same. I found it the hard way the it is incredibly easy to mix up the 'inject with syringe etc to help him up and give him some health' command and the 'execute him with your pistol whilst he is on the ground needing your help' command.

I stared at his dead body for over 5 minutes. It was the Indian guy. By god, what have I done.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
badgersprite said:
Oblivion. Dark Brotherhood Quests.

All the Dark Brotherhood characters in Cheydinhal. They were easily the most fleshed out NPCs in the entire game. Plus, you know...I was their sister, and Vicente sired me, and Mraaj Daar had finally warmed up to me. And they were all innocent. I felt horrible. =(
or as innocent as a highly paid assassin can get.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
shewolf51 said:
The Assassins in the Assassins Guild during a specific mission in Oblivion.

They treated my character pretty well but then I had to stab them in the backs because it was thought that ONE of them was a traitor and it turned out none of them were traitors.
Same here. I got so pissed that I swore the most painful revenge on the real traitor. And oh yeah, I gave him an ass whoopin' at the end of the Dark Brotherhood campaign.

Cilliandrew

Jul 10, 2009
I always hated killing Hobbes in "Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger".. I know you had the option to go after him or not to (and if you went after him, Vaquero died, but i never used him anyways) but i always felt like i owed it to Cobra to go after him..On every single playthru.

He will always be the finest Wingmate I'll ever have, though *Sniff*..

lordswift1

Sep 7, 2009
Definately Big Boss in MGS3, just because you have no choice at all. Also the fact that you have to kill "Liquid Ocelot" but after you find out the truth about him. I wont spoil it for people. Also i dont know how to do the spolier bit on these forums

DocLock

Jul 10, 2009
popdafoo said:
I'll give you a hint as to not give away any spoilers: A man chooses, a slave obeys.
So did I.. I was hammering on the controller to see if The Character would stop hitting him.. I wanted him to live!! I probably just should have yelled "Would you kindly drop that weapon"

Mondo_Generator

Jun 18, 2009
Not really an enemy but, I remember killing my first deer in Oblivion. The sound it made whenever I hit it with that steel mace made me feel sick with myself.

I also refuse to kill Khajiit's unless they attack me first.

Ultimathul

Professional Artillery Commander
Apr 18, 2009
The Helgast in the killzone series, their backstory to why they fight is just because they where exiled to a planet that was not a good place to live, because they had a disease then when they got better, changed but still, the others did not listen to them. to get them to listen they invade vecta. then earth is like bitches we will destroy you!

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Hard time accepting that I killed The Boss in MGS 3 after I knew what she just did during the ending sequence.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
I felt bad killing the last guy in The Darkness. He was such a fat head. But it was soooo easssy to kill him.

Cunnysmythe

Jul 30, 2009
pinky75910 said:
First time I ever felt guilty for winning a game was Link's Awakening.

Me too! Only because of Marin, though.

The Youth Counselor said:
In Max Payne 2:

Vladamir Lem was my favorite character. I was sad when I found out he was the evil mastermind and hesitated before taking him out.

He was great. One of my favourite moments in any game is when you're chasing him through his mansion and one of the times he stops to talk he's furious, shouting "What the fuck is WRONG with you, Max?! You're always miserable!" Great rant. He should have lived.

mananomas131 said:
Anyone know the name Lacroix? I feel bad for killing him. Mostly because it only happened in a cutscene and I didn't get to drag that bastage through fire and blood myself. I have never wanted to kill an enemy more, and they don't let me... I regret killing him because it was only a cutscene. Please tell me someone knows of him.

Ah, that scheming, manipulative bratty little bastiche. I kind of liked the cutscene death because it was different from anything you could do in-game. They should have gone further with it, though.

chip-off-the-old-blo said:
I kinda feel bad when Altair from Assassins Creed killed those guys you interrogate. I mean they give you the info you want with very little resistance and then you give them the hug of death. Just a tad jerkish.

I was ok with that, except when they were clearly against the person they were working for.

MelasZepheos said:
I actually greatly dislike killing in games in general (which is weird given my prediliction for FPSs). It was why Batman appealed to me so much, because you spend the whole game doing everything you can to keep everyone alive.

You might like the Thief and Splinter Cell games, especially Thief. There's always a non-lethal alternative, and killing is frowned upon. In fact in Thief, killing is the last thing you want to do, because it's usually an instant fail, and because it attracts too much attention.

You don't have to kill anyone in Deus Ex, either.