What enemy have you felt bad about killing?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Saren's secretary in Mass Effect.
I was playing 'Renegade' style, and I was trying to get all the 'renegade points' I could. So, despite her crying pleads of ignorance and for forgiveness...I shot her in the head. I felt absolutely terrible after that. Never finished the game as a renegade. Started over and went paragon again to cleanse myself.

Bilbo536

Sep 24, 2009
I felt so bad when I blew up the Megaton Bomb in Fallout 3. I actually had to load an old save and kill Tenpenny and the other guy to make myself feel better.

Aug 25, 2009
Cunnysmythe said:
MelasZepheos said:
I actually greatly dislike killing in games in general (which is weird given my prediliction for FPSs). It was why Batman appealed to me so much, because you spend the whole game doing everything you can to keep everyone alive.

You might like the Thief and Splinter Cell games, especially Thief. There's always a non-lethal alternative, and killing is frowned upon. In fact in Thief, killing is the last thing you want to do, because it's usually an instant fail, and because it attracts too much attention.

You don't have to kill anyone in Deus Ex, either.
I did, loved Thief, liked Splinter Cell quite a lot, though there were niggles. Never played Deus Ex though

EDIT: The quoting got all messed up, but you get the picture, and I don't want to change it again.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
delta4062 said:
jboking said:
The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. I have never felt worse about having to kill someone.
THIS.
Fuck You Kojima, you made us kill our mother!
Also, it may be my favourite quest in Oblivion, but murdering the Draconus family felt so wrong. Especially the mother.
Also, even though it was a average game, the ending to the new Prince Of Persia is just powerful.
In the new prince of persia you essentially kill the rest of the world in order to save your girlfriend. Seems a little batshit crazy to me.

I completely forgot about the Draconus family in Oblivion. That really did make me feel like a horrible person.
"Yes, I will deliver those presents..."

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Shinra MP's in final fantasy 7, I feel guilty when they die because there just doing there job.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
badgersprite said:
Oblivion. Dark Brotherhood Quests.

All the Dark Brotherhood characters in Cheydinhal. They were easily the most fleshed out NPCs in the entire game. Plus, you know...I was their sister, and Vicente sired me, and Mraaj Daar had finally warmed up to me. And they were all innocent. I felt horrible. =(
I take your definition of "innocence" is a bit off, but anyway, I felt the same about killing them.

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Dogs in CoD:MW. Especially when they get me on the ground. I'm an animal person, a dog person especially, so the first few times it was hard. (And I don't mean hard because I kept clicking the melee button continuously except at the right moment.)

In XIII, in the bank, one of the first missions, the woman you take hostage. When you release her, watch and listen..... he breaks her neck. I always feel bad when that happens.

Motti

Jan 26, 2009
TheMadTypist said:
And I coudn't help but feel that some of those metrocops in Half Life 2 were just decent guys and gals doing the best they could in a world gone mad.
Ninja'd in the third post, damn.

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
irishdelinquent said:
I feel bad about killing every enemy...too quickly. I can't drag it out an agonizingly long time, like they deserve.

...what?
Own it bro...

That said, the ranchers dog in Gun...had to put 'er down...I cried a little...mostly 'cause I missed the first time...and she was just layin' there...

I also club baby seals!!! :O

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I didn't wanna kill anyone who was friendly to me in FO3. The wastelands already a desolate place, who make it more empty. So, I didn't.

But forced to kill...I didn't wanna kill Rouge in SaGa Frontier.

G-Dragon

May 1, 2009
witches apprentice in castlevania DOS. i have this thing where i refuse to hurt girls

FoOd77

Jul 2, 2009
I felt bad about killing the Engineers in Halo 3: ODST, they were kind of cute and weren't bad like the rest of the Covenent.

Also, the Dark Brotherhood mission in Oblivion in which you have to kill all of the people locked in the mansion I felt bad about, that one Nord was such a cool guy, I didn't want to kill him.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
I know there's a few, but they're not coming to mind at the moment.

Um...

Cyrus from Pokemon Platinum, when you leave him in hell?

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
Listen to all of you. You all sound like a bunch of little girls. I don't care who it is I'm killing, I never have mercy when it comes to slaying the enemy. And if the person is helpless and/or a child, even better.

Jakj93

Oct 8, 2009
that old irish guy in GTA IV, the one in the tunnel of death mission. I failed that mission 3 times could i couldn't bear to kill him.

hydroblitz

May 15, 2009
delta4062 said:
jboking said:
The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. I have never felt worse about having to kill someone.
THIS.
Fuck You Kojima, you made us kill our mother!
Also, it may be my favourite quest in Oblivion, but murdering the Draconus family felt so wrong. Especially the mother.
Also, even though it was a average game, the ending to the new Prince Of Persia is just powerful.
oh, i hated that one, "could you deliver these gifts to my family? im far too old..."
the rest wasnt so bad, just the mother, then the dog.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Crying Wolf, Screaming Mantis, Laughing Octopus and Raging Raven.

Jesus their backstories were sad.