What everyone is doing wrong in TeamFortress 2

Schnippshly

Mar 6, 2009
I always play as the medic. I dunno' what "The Kritz" is though. An unlockable? I only know about ubercharging to make guys invincible, I usually use it on something that would take a lot of hits like the HW guy.
I heal anyone that's injured and scan my crosshair over my whole team really fast all the time so that I can find someone who isn't at full health. People on fire are especially important, because I've been lit on fire too (in the game) and I know it sucks.
I might give HW guys a health boost but I rarely stay on them, or anybody, unless they're moving forward to attack, or there's nobody around to heal.

edinflames

Dec 21, 2007
CyberAkuma said:
Being a TF2 enthusiast and a long-time TFC player, I enjoy playing in servers with nice people and enjoying some good times.
Enjoying playing the game doesn't neccesarily mean that I have the need to play with skilled players, but I would like at least the people to know how to play their classes correctly...

...What are your thoughts on my composed list? Also please list your thoughts on playing classes wrong or any other TF2-teammate-rant.

Cheers.
Seems to me that you're beef is with people who don't work as a team. I am much the same with TF2, the team with a good balance of classes that works as a *team* is guaranteed to win on public servers.

But yeah you're totally right about all those classes, if only valve could find a way to penalise the solo points-whores without ruining an already well-balanced game then this problem would go away.

I think the best thing to do though is to find a few like minded TF2 players to add to your friends list and aim to play on the same side on public servers. Had a couple of sessions with a few friends where I was Pyro guarding two engineers with the three of us on teamspeak and our team won every round we played.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I don't consider myself a great TF2 player, but to play devil's advocate for a moment, I think he has some good points, very poorly made.

If only he'd worded it as advice or a guide instead of 'I hate you all and you're all stupid, now do as I say!' I think he'd have got a different reaction.

Personally tho, I'll usually happily pick any class that isn't take, except for demoman, because I'm just really bad at demo. (So maybe I should and try to get better, and use the nade launcher some more!)

As an engi tho, really if you're not building, there's no harm in helping to build another engi's defenses quicker, and I'll usually get a Z,1,'Thanks!'

As for the Scouts, it happens every update, and no-one going to change it, people want to play with the new weapons, can't change that.

As for Pyros I somewhat agree, but as someone else said, just because Pyros are the best spy checkers, doesn't mean everyone else can ignore that threat and just yell at the Pyro when all the defences explode.

In short, a lot of forum stuff is about how you post, come in agressive and you'll get a lot less agreement.

It's the different between, 'Hey engi, can you knock up a tele between spawn and point B?' and 'hey fucktard engi, why don't you quit if you can't be of any use, now get building teles now!'

No-Superman10

Sep 6, 2008
The Krits is short for The Kritzkrieg it's an ubercharge replacement that makes all shots critical hits.

i have trouble with the whole pyro's and spy-checking thing myself, i get backstabbed by a spy and he then disguises himself, i end up shoutin at the scrren trying to get the pyro(s) on our team to actually do somthing about it rather than screaming "spycheck" at each other

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
The original post was full of terrible arguments, but the one that suggests Pyros should hang around the base spy-checking received a massive facepalm.

You clearly play Engineer more than any other class. Maybe you should get some more experience playing other classes before you try to tell them what a poor job they're doing.

That said, I'll agree with you that it's annoying when other engineers insist of building their sentries within proximity of yours, and that it is annoying when a team on Defense has five Scouts and no Engineers or other more defensive classes. But what can you do? It is indeed a game, it's meant to be fun, and all you can do as far as random "PUG" matches go is enter with low expectations and maybe be pleasantly surprised.

Feb 13, 2008
From a TF2 Vet.

Snipers: You are not the most important part of the team. Deal with it.
Heavys: Switching guns does not make you run faster.
Scouts: Capture the damn points, don't just run around with FoN blasting.
Pyros: Learn to play a Pyro. You can melt a lvl 3 SG and it's tanking Engie if you're good enough.
Engies: As above, help out. And a good Engie is his own Spychecker.
Demos: Attack and Defend at the same time and keep stocked up. This does not mean stealing the metal from the Engies.
Medics: As above, don't just sit on the Heavy. Pyros/Demos are equally awesome with invulnerability.
Spies: Don't just go for the same thing over and over again.
Soldiers: You are the perfect way to defeat Turrets. Please make that a priority. Pyros deal with the survivors.

Happ_Eekyteman

Oct 21, 2008
You have some major hypocrisy going on "It even doesn't make any sense if all these douchebag-Pyros care about is the score board" doesn't make any sense at all in comparison to your fascist determination to force everybody to work as a team TO GET POINTS ON THE SCOREBOARD

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Are any of these updates going to come out on the 360? I cant afford a new computer.

And your playing a game on the internet which means people do what they want.

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
Angus Young said:
Are any of these updates going to come out on the 360? I cant afford a new computer.

And your playing a game on the internet which means people do what they want.
Yes, they will be released all at once in a while.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
This is why I stopped playing TF2 6 months after release.

People take the game way too fucking seriously. When it was new everyone just had a laugh on the servers and no one cared who won.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I suck at TF2, I'm only any good at Heavy...

I just keep my gun hot whenever I think there might be someone around the corner - yeah, I move like a fucking slug when my gun's hot, but at least I can fire in less then 4 seconds :p

My playing a heavy boils down to praying for a medic, then advancing slowly with a hot gun, smoking whoever I see, then switching to shotty if I happen to outlive my ammo..

I rarely do, but I tend to have a blast - if my kill ratio is par or better, I'm having a good time. When I get a revenge kill on my rival, my week is made (I love that feature in TF2).

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
I only have a problem with 2 kind of people on tf2.

Nazis who tell you what to do, and the people who use snipers for capturing points.

When you find an lack of nazis, you end up with well organised teams, and it becomes stratigic.

Segadroid

Apparently a Premium Member now
Mar 20, 2009
Yer point is clear, but you've overdone it. Yes, it -can- be very frustrating if people are in your way or don't work together when playing.
But the way you brought it to us makes people think you only want some attention. Even fighting online is 70% of the time pure chaos.

You can't make people do the right thing in one go by yelling at them 'How Not To Do It'. Let them discover themselves how it should be done.

As 4 the Demo-man: The trailer with Demo-man in it shows him luring the enemy into his stickmines-trap. People copy this trick in the hope they get more kills.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
I play TF2 to have fun.
I like screwing around on 24 2fort, getting some friends and just filling your base full of sentries just for fun.

When it come to playing seriously, if you can kill people swiftly and surely. Who cares how you do it, as long as it gets done.