What forgotten game/IP do you wish to be revived for the current-gen?

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
Galerians:Ash. It was a really bad game on PS2 but it had so much potential to me. You weren't some particularly strong character, you were a psychic with weird powers. Problem is, your powers relied on using drugs, and the more you used them, the more risk you ran for ODing on them. When you ODed you would basically pop the heads of everything that walked by but you also lost health for however long that Overdose bar lasted. I also liked its apocalyptic/cyber-horror aesthetic. I feel like that game could really benefit from HD graphics and completely redone gameplay...and story.

This isn't really forgotten but another Armored Core would be great. Maybe From will use all the money they get from Bloodborne and DS2's remake on a current gen Armored Core?

Ooh, also a Rogue Galaxy remake or spiritual successor would be awesome! That game was already beautiful on PS2, I can only imagine how great it'd look on PS4.

CaptainMidlands

Jul 6, 2010
Alpha Protocol and Mechwarrior (MW4: Mercs is still one of my all time favourite games, shame they spent so long negotiating the free version and then Mektek decided to walk away)

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Road War! the post apocalyptic game where you recruit hundreds of soldiers, and dozens of assorted cars to rove around a nation (they did U.S, and Europe) battling, making allies, building an empire, and so forth while seeking VIPs.

Oni! Futuristic super police woman battles in an anime-ish world against crime!

Tenchu! Coz if Ubisoft won't go to Japan with Assassin's Creed, Tenchu will! And they won't likely copout with some lame excuse as to why there can't be a female assassin, like "It's too hard!!". Hopefully they can get the Kosugi's to mo-cap again.

ColaWarVeteran

Jul 27, 2010
Chakan The Forever Man. I realize that it would probably just be a clone of God of War or Devil May Cry but maybe someone could do something original with it.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I could fire off a list rather easly.

the larger problem isn't would I like a new Breath of Fire or Lufia, but do I actually trust any one to not fuck it up these days. and the answer to that is no.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Battletanx
Wild Arms
Front Mission
Secret of Mana
Demon's Crest (I still can't believe the story of how this game had significant numbers of people returning it due to Satanic imagery and gore, that would never happen now!)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Oh please, please, please - give us an HD re-render/re-master of the entire "Legacy of Kain" series! As long as you leave the quality stuff like the voice-acting the way it is I don't mind dealing with the ass-backwards gameplay of the early puzzle design... just let us enjoy these gems of gaming in glorious new-gen looks! Pleeeeeaaaaaase!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Considering we've gone this entire generation without a Metroid game and only vague hints about new ones, Metroid plox.

Ygrez

Oct 6, 2009
Ogre Battle

[image alt="Ogre Battle" width="400" height="300"]http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/3/5/7/gfs_15861_2_11.jpg[/IMG]

Never really played Tactic Ogre, but I loved both the SNES and the N64 Ogre Battle games.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
Metroid (Prime). We need a new one. Its been sooooo long.

Also getting a Geneforge in HD - maybe as a full 3-d game(with the same strategy/camera perspective style game play)with mild improvements, you know, the ones that anyone who played most of the geneforge series probably thought of - but it couldn't be done due to limitations with the tech/company's ability? (Show me how much ap moving costs exactly. Respawning enemies with scaling exp/maybe difficulty please? More. Mini quests. More. Creations. Let us change how the creations looooook. Let me...take over other creations in combat.)

TBH, I wouldn't mind a real time combat Geneforge (The closest I've seen a game get to a live combat Geneforge is Shadow of Mordor.)

an874

Jul 17, 2009
What we really need is a new Prince of Persia game. Maybe Ubisoft should give that a shot and let AssCreed have a break in the green room while his older brother takes the reigns for a while. Hell they could even make up for that slip up about female characters in Unity by making it a "Princess of Persia" game.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Assuming this next gen also encompasses PC games, I'd love to see:

Krush, Kill, and Destroy (KKND): Basically 'Command and Conquer' meets 'Mad Max' meets 'Fallout', awesomely fun little RTS games that take place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, and feature humans who survived in bunkers duking it out with humans who stayed on the surface and got mutated, and fight with giant mutant beetles, fiddler crabs, and scorpions. Would kill for a HD remake of these games with better graphics and better UI. Could be a ton of fun.

Dungeon Keeper: I'll believe "Battle for the Overworld" is real when I see the finished product.

Sacrifice: This game was fun, cool, and highly original. What more needs to be said? Would love to see a sequel or straight up remake of this one.

Manhunt: Totally agree, though to be honest I found the latter parts of the game the weakest because it became so much about shooting.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
As for single game IPs, I have to go with either Red Ninja or Trap Gunner. I still think Red Ninja was a flawed game with a great concept in need of another try, and I know for a fact that if Trap Gunner was remade now with solid online play it would be absolutely huge.

As for franchises, I'd love to see a new Suikoden or Mana game. Maybe if the Suikoden 1/2 re-releases sell extremely well we'll see a new game.. maybe?

LordFeast59

Dec 11, 2014
Vagrant Story, Mechwarrior, Dark Colony, Shadow Man, Contra, Time Commando, Syphon Filter, Tony Hawk...but I don't think they were demanded enough to be revive by game developers anyway, and hopefully they won't ruined it if they do.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Sonicron said:
Oh please, please, please - give us an HD re-render/re-master of the entire "Legacy of Kain" series! As long as you leave the quality stuff like the voice-acting the way it is I don't mind dealing with the ass-backwards gameplay of the early puzzle design... just let us enjoy these gems of gaming in glorious new-gen looks! Pleeeeeaaaaaase!
This, I would absolutely love this.

I'd love it even more if they gave us a new single-player LoK game for the current gen instead of the team deathmatch style game that we got recently.

Allar

Jul 6, 2011
I really really want a sequel to Legend of Dragoon. I appreciated the setting though I wish it could've been flushed out a bit more. I was also a big fan of the addition system, making combat a little more engaging than press X to attack did a lot to break up the monotony of grinding for me. A revamped addition system or something totally different would be both be fine just as long as they make RPG combat a little more engaging without turning it into an action RPG.

I guess what I'm saying is dragons are bitchin and knights are bitchin so knights with dragon powers are bitchin squared...it's just science

Ragnoon

Aug 9, 2014
Battle Toads
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish - PC version
Jak and Daxter
Burnout

I would like to see a return of these games. Unfortunately I doubt any of them will return.

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
There is only one true answer.

Seriously Edios, where the FUCK is my sequel?! You promised a sequel years ago and haven't delievered.

There's so much potential with directions a sequel could take, but we'll never see them because Edios doesn't give a shit.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Legend of Dragoon.
Skies of Arcadia.
Syphon Filter.
Battle Toads.
Power Stone.
Jet Set Radio.

Not in that order, but they ALL need to come back.