What game did you know was bad/awful, and yet you still played it?

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Modern Warfare 2. Mostly because I believe that you can't talk shit on a game you've never played, which so many people do...

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Also, Dragon Age 2. While I wouldn't even call the game bad, it was mediocre to me, I really enjoyed the first Dragon Age and I played through that game like 5 times, so I really wanted to love that game but it was just not very fun.

Still, I stopped halfway through my third playthrough, because I did at least enjoy the game for a bit, so I guess I did get at least one playthrough of Origins playtime out of it, but regardless I didn't like it.

Apocalyptore

Mar 28, 2011
I reckon me a massochist at this point considering how many times I've done this...
Condemned 2, CoD: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3 (any of the Halo series, actually), etc..
Condemned 2 had to be one of the stupidest games I've ever played. It was the absolute least scary game I've ever played, I couldn't care enough about the story to pay good attention (all I really know is that there was some crap about an ancient cult or something. Really dumb.), and the gameplay was just overall boring and annoying. I bought it because I thought the combat would be a fresh, new way to fight (just start ripping shit off the walls and bash some heads in) as opposed to just running around and shooting crap. But in the end, the only times the game was more tolerable were when I HAD a gun. The funniest thing about this whole mess is that I LOVE Monolith and the F.E.A.R. series, but I nearly cried tears of pure sorrow when I heard there would be a Condemned 3.

xMelior

Dec 29, 2010
World of Warcraft... overall horrible game. And I still got hooked for quite some time.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Played some Final Fantasy XIII few months back, lost interest pretty quickly though- game didnt do anything to make me want to keep playing

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
Dragon Age 2.

Final Fantas XIII.

Also, does Crackdown count? I just bought it the otherday for really cheap since I was bored, and I'm actually enjoying it. Because it's one of those games that requires hardly any effort, and you can just screw around and SHOOT UP THOSE GANGSTERS TERRORIZING ALL THE CIVILIANS.

Deamonian

Feb 15, 2011
Dante's inferno. I finished it out of spite. Not that it was unplayable, just that the characters were unlikeable, the mechanics not fun, the story, well, pathetic, and the game itself just plain bland. It was a obvious god of war clone.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (yeah, that's the actual title), the weird part is that I actually had a blast with it.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
"FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan."

"Please just call me York, it's what everyone calls me."

Deadly Premonition... So so bad yet so so good

Driving around town talking about '80s movies with your imaginary friend Zach (AKA the player) has never been so awesome

A small example of the insanity

Best QTE ever
Ah yes, Deadly premonition. Most of the reviews that I read about it dismissed it with its bad graphics and clunky controls. I played it at a friends house and I loved every minute of it. It is one of my favourite games ever :D

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Bullet Witch. It was sooo bad, and I knew it was bad, and was told it was bad, but kept playing just because of the physics in it. As soon as a character named Max Cougar showed up, I nearly vomited in my mouth.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
The Witcher 1

Conflict: Denied Ops

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Ironically, TW1 is the worst one out of those yet it has the highest metascore. Being a fan of RPGs I held out for a few hours (games like this tend to start slow), but I regret every minute I threw at this horrible fucking game. It is so bad it actually makes me angry just thinking about it, which is almost impressive in some perverse way.

Danny91

May 30, 2011
mireko said:
The Witcher 1

Conflict: Denied Ops

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Ironically, TW1 is the worst one out of those yet it has the highest metascore. Being a fan of RPGs I held out for a few hours (games like this tend to start slow), but I regret every minute I threw at this horrible fucking game. It is so bad it actually makes me angry just thinking about it, which is almost impressive in some perverse way.
and your thoughts on The Witcher 2 mireko? ....if you didnt play it, I understand, but seeing as its been hailed as the Next Coming, I would appreciate any thoughts you have