What game did you know was bad/awful, and yet you still played it?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
AlternatePFG said:
I concur with Final Fantasy XIII. I really tried to play through and once I got to the part where people said it got better, it got better in some ways, but got worse in more.
The same with me.

I tried to like it, but for several reasons, it just sucked

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
SSB Brawl is the only game I truly hate because of it's poor quality after the amazing sequel SSB Melee. However, I helped my friends finished the game because it's all they wanted to play at the time.

Funnily enough, all my friends now share the same opinion since I was able to point out all the flaws while going through it.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
I have noooo idea why i played this...
http://www.emuparadise.org/fup/up/66161-Darkened_Skye-1.jpg
Skittles!?... sigh.
Seriously the worst video game product placement ever.

Edit: This post felt like a confession! Everyone seems to be choosing more recent games, I chose one I played years ago. This awful game has been haunting me all that time. Thank you for letting me get this off my chest Escapists!

Larmo

May 20, 2008
Iv been thinking of getting this game (deadly premonition) it seems to cross into so bad its hilarious territory, and its just so odd how the Entire town plays straight man to York's crazy.

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
Guild Wars.

I llooaatthee this game, it's the literal antithesis of fun and it's infuriating when you've played something far better to compare it to(WoW). Yet, I have no choice because I want the Hall of Monument reward points for when Guild Wars 2 comes out.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Brink, Alpha Protocol.

Brink is genuinely interesting, give it some HUGE patches and it might improve.
Alpha Protocol... Just no..

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Timesplitters 2. The way how the game played with the shooting system was horrible. However, Timesplitters: Future Perfect was one of my favorite games for the last console generation.

I summon the flame shield to protect me.
No flame shield is going to protect you! Timesplitters 2 was the perfect FPS! How dare you insult that game!

Timesplitters 3 didn't come close to the perfection that was Timesplitters 2, the only way it was better was with the very slightly improved map-maker!

*grumble*

OT: I've played Two Worlds 1 quite a lot despite it very clearly being an awful game, but since I could no longer play Oblivion I didn't have much choice in the open-world fantasy RPG department.

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
Fahrenheit...(or Indigo Prophecy)

Started out great, then gradually morphed into something mediocre, then for the finale turned bat-shit insane.

I kept playing because the set up was really very good, being thrust into a terrible situation and playing the characters off against each other. And hell, it tried to do a lot, and it was very different...Unfortunately it just went bad, as if a whole other development team took over half way through, or they fired the writer.

The story was apocalyptically bad by the end, I just wanted it to end but it just got dumber and dumber. So yeah, finished it while hating every moment intensely.

soes757

Jan 24, 2011
This thread seems do be posting a lot of games I like...I haven't really ever played anything bad...I think everything is good just not for some people (or did till I saw that deadly premonition thing). However something I played that I didn't like was FFXII someone told me it got good super far in...It wasn't...ever...ever...ever likable.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I dont know how to say this but...

NINJABREAD MAN!!!!11!111111one!eleven

I know I played it even though I knew that it was shit, I got it for my birthday once from my brother and he shall never forget the day I played NINJABREAD MAN for the first time.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Black Ops:
Fuckin' hated it.

Fallout 3:
I have a VERY low tolerance for game-breaking bugs, and I still bought it.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Dark Void. I knew about the bland story and all that other kind of stuff before I got into it, but I thought the jetpack would sort of smooth it all out. Unfortunately, it turns out that, at least in my experience with the game, when things get hairy in aerial combat things also get very laggy, which just won't do at all. It's kinda sad, actually; there's a lot of potential hidden in that game.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Recently I bought Brink. I only played it for a couple of days, and that was it. I also bought Deus Ex: Invisible War along with the first Deus Ex a while back. I really loved the first Deus Ex, and it's now one of my favourite games, but before I bought them both I already read several places that the second one sucked, and my god it did. Gameplay was... ok, but they didnt keep the style from the first one which made it so great

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Timesplitters 2. The way how the game played with the shooting system was horrible. However, Timesplitters: Future Perfect was one of my favorite games for the last console generation.

I summon the flame shield to protect me.

Ohh you are lucky you have that shield...

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
Shadow the Hedgehog tested my love of the Sonic series to it's core.
"Hey cool a sonic game about Shadow, he was always sort of interesting"
"Oh this cutscene looks really good I bet this will be a go- wait is that an alien? Wait why would he instantly trust it? Wait, was, was that the plot?"
"Okay let's- wow, graphics took a real nosedive there, jesus am I made of rubber? Oh yeah guns, kinda don't see the- wait. wait wait wait wait. Why is this gun so friggin' huge? Seriously it's as big as my body. Why do I have stupid big gun when the soldiers have normal ones?"
"Man, the aliens done messed this city up good, I mean look at all the cars strewn about. Huh, I can get in the cars? Suppose I better see what it's like OH DEAR JESUS. It's like trying to steer a dizzy fat man on a steep cliff! And the car goes slower than I do ON FOOT. Why does no one who make these games realise I exist purely for speed!"
"Huh neat, a level based morality system, that's kind of inter- man, being good is hard, and so is being evil, screw it, run to the end of every level for neutral story"
"Alright! Fighting Sonic, this is kinda cool, well and buggy, and okay this is frustratingly difficult, okay hold still Sonic, SONIC, SERIOUSLY, NOT. COOL."
"Right, let's see what happens when Shadow takes his life in his own hands. Did, did he just, destroy earth? Did he even have a reason?"
"Sigh, suppose I better try the other storylines. Aw sweet! I unlocked a Katana for that!"
"Alright, fear the reaper you buggy AI! I'm wielding a sword of masamune-level retardedness! WHAT. NO! HOW DOES IT BREAK IN ONE SWING! ONE!"
"Screw it, I'm being good this time, screw Mr. Alien dude! Oh fuck, I have to deal with Charmy now? Oh god make him stop talking! And why is this level full of acid? Wait wasn't I in a city a second ago? Why am I in a mystic ruin? WHAT IS GOING ON?"
"Oh right, that whole Maria thing with the spaceship. So, is this like, a flashback or something? If it's a flashback, why does Shadow die thirty times because of god awful homing issues? And who decided that wall bounces over bottomless pits in a sonic game was a good idea?"

Never did get off that space station.