What game did you never finish?

XavierHarkonnen

May 31, 2010
So many games...

PS2

- GTA: Vice City (wanted to see what happened when you turn off power while its saving, was almost done the game, never tried to beat it afterwards)
- FFXII (why the fuck can't i invert the y-axis? hated battle system)
- Okami (i'll beat it eventually... when i have some free time to kill
- psychonauts (same as okami, its just sitting on the shelf with a bunch of other ps2 games)
- beyond good & evil (^)
- re4 (^)
- prince of persia: sands of time (^)

PS3

- folklore (good game, too many other good games came out around the same time, will get back to it one day)
- prince of persia (repetitive)
- bioshock (loose controls, got bored)
- Valkyria Chronicles (really tried to like this game combat was really good, but fuck me is the writing horridly embarassing even when friends arent around, also gets uncommonly difficult)
- Orange Box (beat portal, shouldnt have even tried to play the rest due to the shittiness of this port, literally a loading screen every 3 minutes, didnt even bother to patch it after what, 3 years? :( )
- Brutal Legend (everything rocks except the gameplay)
- Demons Souls (awesome game, but so frustrating i can only play it in small chunks.)

Nihlex

Jun 30, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
GamerPhate said:
miracleofsound said:
Wind Waker.

When they told me I had to sail around and find 8 pieces of Triforce I said 'fuck you, game', and abandoned it.
I have not played that Zelda game, but I can say this. Are you seriously saying, you are mad at a Zelda game because it made you find Triforce peices? Hmm, I don't think you understand that, um, that is like getting mad at Super Mario Brothers for eatting mushrooms, or for breaking bricks by jumping.
I don't think YOU understand that having not played the game, you should not be so quick to judge people's motivations for quitting.

The sailing in Wind Waker consisted of staring at the screen not interacting with it for up to ten minutes at a time. Multiplied by 8? No thank you.

The same blue screen. And a boat. And me not pressing any buttons. Like an eternal loading screen. For an hour and a half. Fuck that.

I finished Link to the Past when I was 12, and Ocarina of Time too. Loved em both. I'm hardly a stranger to Tri-Force fetching.

So yes, I will resent any game that makes me go on quests that defy the whole notion of games being fun.
Not trying to create an arguement, or insult you, just felt like clarifying getting the triforce pieces isnt incredibly difficult, you have ( or can get) the cyclone song when you get your bow, and it allows you to fast travel along many places on the chart, and the sailing isnt as bad as everyone says you run into pirates, octocroks, and many other things along the way. I can understand if you dont like it just felt like putting a word in for one of my favorite games >.> beat it I im not sure how many times now.

And to stay on topic:
-I have never beaten Dragon Quest 8, im at the last dungeon I just dont feel like grinding to level some more (played it for 80 hours in a week)

-Kingsley's adventure for playstation 1 could never beat the 4th dungeon place.

N3palm said:
Luigi's Mansion, no clue, no clue whatsoever on how to finish the last boss, Bowser.
If I recall, he throws bombs at you, you grab them with the vaccum and shoot them back, I could be wrong its been a while.

axemen23

Mar 23, 2010
Zelda twilight princess and any final fantasy game, Why? Because they were HORRIBLE!

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
MechAssault 1. I played the last mission, but my dad played the 2 or 3 before that, so I never felt like I finished it.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Lots of them:

Doom 3
inFamous
GTA 2, 3, Vice City, San Andreas, IV
Metro 2033
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Killzone 2
Gran Turismo 2, 3, IV
Tourist Trophy
Company of Heroes
Medieval Total War II
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Quake 2, 4
Unreal 2
Baldur's Gate
Neverwinter Nights 1, 2
KOTOR 2
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Castle
Burai Fighter
Megaman 2
World of Warcraft (By which I mean I never reached the end game at any point. The closest I came was making it to 74 last year before my patience and support group ran out).

I'm certain there are LOTS more, but I'd actually have to pull out my collection to remember them. I'd say I average about 20 - 25% completion on games. Often, it just takes far too long to "beat" them and something new and shiney comes along that demands my attention.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Nihlex said:
Not trying to create an arguement, or insult you, just felt like clarifying getting the triforce pieces isnt incredibly difficult, you have ( or can get) the cyclone song when you get your bow, and it allows you to fast travel along many places on the chart, and the sailing isnt as bad as everyone says you run into pirates, octocroks, and many other things along the way. I can understand if you dont like it just felt like putting a word in for one of my favorite games >.> beat it I im not sure how many times now.
Fair enough man, I know some people don't mind the sailing but honestly I found it excruciating. It took so long, even with the tornados. It was made all the more annoying by the fact that the 20% of the game spent actually doing the quests and dungeons was amazing. The fire and forest temples in Wind Waker were probably two of my favorites from the whole Zelda series.