What game do you wish you could play for the first time again?

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Riven, the Sequel to Myst. Because I played it with a strategy guide from GameFaqs at the age of 10 or so. And since older memories preserve better than more recent ones, the whole solution has been engraved into my head. I'd like to replay Riven without any memory simply because I liked the Myst series as a whole and I want to solve the game on my own this time.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Baldur's Gate 2 :D

I replay it regularly anyway... but the magic of discovery is gone. I know where everything is :(

checker201

Aug 30, 2011
I'd have to say Phoenix Wright, learning that Matt Engarde was an asshole just was much more effective the first time...

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
GTA: SA, but only if I could forget every sandbox game ever
Portal
Metal Gear Solid
Team Fortress 2
Assassin's Creed

nsqared

Nov 1, 2011
Minecraft. And the Portals. And Half-Life 1 and 2 without watching walkthroughs beforehand. And... aww screw it. all of em'.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Planescape: Torment, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and System Shock 2. Not that there isn't replay value in these games, but the sense of discovery in these games made the first play-through remarkable and is probably why these three are a few of my all-time favourite games.

A game I love that I wouldn't want to play again for the first time would be UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-Com) that was brutal, I may have even cried.

Donnie Restad

Oct 9, 2011
Spider-Man 2 for me.
Also Portal, naturally
Skies of Arcadia: Legends (Anyone remember that one?)
Half-Life 2
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time...
Whoah. I just realized my favorite games are almost all the same as Yahtzee's...

Farotsu

Dec 30, 2010
Shark Wrangler said:
Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are like a piece of prime rib. Most Final Fantasy games are like a good hotdog.
Dang. Ninja'd. I see no other possible alternative. It has to be Chrono Trigger.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Minecraft. I have seldom so enjoyed being really really confused. It's almost a shame they put in that tutorial/achievement system.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Star Wars: The Old Republic... on my sith warrior.. had to stop playing the beta of fear for exposing to much of the storyline x)

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
Assassin's Creed 2. I will never forget just the amount of detail they put into that world and everything about that game.

Also, Half life 2.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
I would totally mind wipe any trace of Psychonauts from my brain if it meant I got to play and experience it all for the first time all over again. Discovering all the little things in that game was just amazing.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the game that got me into video games.

[http://photobucket.com/images/sonic%20the%20hedgehog%202]

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
It's difficult to choose just one, but I'm gonna have to say SSB Melee. Seven years of excitement is a long time, I think everyone would agree.

I still play it now and again, but it's not as great when I first tried to figure it all out.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
The recent one I remember is Uncharted 2, Portal 2 and Knights of the Old Republic. It was a memorable experience.

edit: add portal 1 as well. I stopped playing for quite a while before finishing it. So the effect was lost.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Shadow of the Colossus or Red Dead Redemption.

Shadow of the Colossus was just pheonominal, but once you know how to kill each colossus it loses it's challenge somewhat.
As for Red Dead. It still remains to this day the only game that has ever moved me to tears. For me to get that emotion again would make me complete.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Bioshock is the first game I ever had that exact same thought about.
Though Fallout 3 comes in second for that amazing moment when you first step out of the Vault.